How Can Someone Find The Right Foods?

Mr Rossi

One of my biggest problem is my diet for many years.
I don't know how I can find the right foods for me.
I think many members have the same problem.

Is there any chance to test the food with a blood test or something else?
What about IgG4 food test? Is this test worth the price and meaningful?

I have a fructose intolerance and react to most fruits/juices.

Giraffe

I don't know how I can find the right foods for me.
Have you tried fodmap or anything like?

I have a fructose intolerance and react to most fruits/juices.
Are there fruits/juices you don't react to?

Does the amount matter? Do you know if food combination makes a difference (e.g. fruit with cheese)?

How about honey? How about table sugar?

OP
Mr Rossi

Mr Rossi

Have you tried fodmap or anything like?

Not really. But I tried a lot of diets. Glurenfree, Lactosefree, Paleo, raw diet, macrobiotics,.....Nothing helped.

Are there fruits/juices you don't react to?
No! Always bloating and digestive problems from fruits.

Does the amount matter?
I don't know. But I will watch it.
Do you know if food combination makes a difference (e.g. fruit with cheese)?
Eggs and Cheese give me digestive problems too and very bad halitosis.
How about honey? How about table sugar?
Honey = cramps, bloating, ....
Coffee = bloating
Fish = nausea and vomitting

Table sugar = ok

Last edited:

Kasper

Hmm.. so maybe a better question is, what foods do you not react on?

Giraffe

Not really. But I tried a lot of diets. Glurenfree, Lactosefree, Paleo, raw diet, macrobiotics,.....Nothing helped.

The way I understand fodmap is that there are a couple of food groups that are known to cause problems for sensitive people. The idea is to avoid problematic foods for a while, so any inflammation can heal, and then slowly one at a time reintroduce foods starting with small amounts.

I think this requires that you keep a diary of the food you eat and the way you feel.

I think if you don't get too dogmatic about foods it can be a helpful approach. The danger is that you limit your food choices too much. So when they say, "Oh these foods are bad because they contain too much fructose," ask yourself if fructose is really the culprit. Maybe it's the pectins or fructans (fiber, but counted towards fructose) in some fruits that cause issues and not the fructose. Another possible mistake is that people focus too much on certain foods and forget about hormonal and lifestyle factors.

I do not believe in food intolerances per se (or if they exists they are rare).

Related thread: FODMAPs (so fructose, lactose and not just grains and beans) increase bacterias controling fermentat | Ray Peat Forum

Maybe the video linked here gives you some ideas.

OP
Mr Rossi

Mr Rossi

Hmm.. so maybe a better question is, what foods do you not react on?
That's a good question.:D :confused: but I can not really answer that!:bag:

Maybe

white bread
white flour noodles
chicken
coconut oil
cocoa
milk =
no problems with digestion but other symptoms like brainfog, nerves pains, hypoglycemia

OP
Mr Rossi

Mr Rossi

The way I understand fodmap is that there are a couple of food groups that are known to cause problems for sensitive people. The idea is to avoid problematic foods for a while, so any inflammation can heal, and then slowly one at a time reintroduce foods starting with small amounts.

I think this requires that you keep a diary of the food you eat and the way you feel.

I think if you don't get too dogmatic about foods it can be a helpful approach. The danger is that you limit your food choices too much. So when they say, "Oh these foods are bad because they contain too much fructose," ask yourself if fructose is really the culprit. Maybe it's the pectins or fructans (fiber, but counted towards fructose) in some fruits that cause issues and not the fructose. Another possible mistake is that people focus too much on certain foods and forget about hormonal and lifestyle factors.

I do not believe in food intolerances per se (or if they exists they are rare).

Related thread: FODMAPs (so fructose, lactose and not just grains and beans) increase bacterias controling fermentat | Ray Peat Forum

Maybe the video linked here gives you some ideas.

thanks a lot!!!o_O
I will try it.

I have already listen to chris sandel.

Last edited:

Soup Lady

If you start the meal with a rich (full-fat) chicken broth, it makes it easier to digest other foods, such as eggs. Or add them to the broth-straciatella, the traditional Italian egg and greens soup, is a good example.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals