How can refined white sugar not be awful?

Jonk

Ever since I started making sugar syrup of just table sugar and water, I haven't had any problems with it. Because I've had a very sensitive gut I think the granules themselves could cause me issues. To be honest I think people on this forum still underestimate the usefulness of pure sugar

RealNeat

Perry Staltic

In this "how it's made" (
View: https://youtu.be/wMctmMin9vM
) they claim a nano filtration process which could be referring to this, Creating Hygenic Process Water for Coca-Cola | Envirogen Group

Also found this, kind of interesting, Bargaining for Clean Water: Why Dean Kamen Invented the Coca-Cola Freestyle

Nano-filtration I can see, but not distillation. Natural flavors sounds like the additives tobacco companies add to cigarettes. At least we know some of what they add are carcinogenic. With coke we have absolutely no idea if they're carcinogenic or not..

Vileplume

Ever since I started making sugar syrup of just table sugar and water, I haven't had any problems with it. Because I've had a very sensitive gut I think the granules themselves could cause me issues. To be honest I think people on this forum still underestimate the usefulness of pure sugar
That’s interesting. Do you mean white sugar on its own gives you digestive problems, but the syrup doesn’t?

RealNeat

Good points. I did not know the water is distilled.
I can't find anything to verify that currently, I read it a couple years back but can't figure out where.

RealNeat

Nano-filtration I can see, but not distillation. Natural flavors sounds like the additives tobacco companies add to cigarettes. At least we know some of what they add are carcinogenic. With coke we have absolutely no idea if they're carcinogenic or not..
Most likely, I like getting cola from transparent small producers usually found in health food stores.

I wonder what they do with the coca leaves after using them for flavoring and removing the "cocaine". Maybe it's all for the drugs and the drink is a money laundering scheme.

Borz

Forum Supporter
Then why almost every anecdote of people that experiment with quitting sugar sees them having massive benefits, including and not just weight loss?
probably because many people have fructose malabsorption, due to whatever reason, so then it feeds the bacteria, increases endotoxin, serotonin etc. I recently discovered I have this issue myself, along with intolerance to fructan rich foods (onion,garlic,wheat,some fruits). removing them solved a lot of my digestive/mental issues that I couldn’t solve for 3 years. I’m doing well with starch now (no gluten). I’m probably gonna try to reintroduce fructose in small amounts in the future. zero for now.

many people may have a much lower fructose threshold (after which it becomes problematic). unable to process a large amount in one sitting