How Can I UNDERMETHYLATE Myself?

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
out of interest why were you experimenting with betaine? and why beetroot powder and not TMG?

I have used both in the past. However, that time I was aiming to increase NO production, to enhance gym performance/pumps. It was decent for this, although not amazing. Nothing is able to give me a pump like L-Citruline though....

I actually had used TMG in the past, and in fact, I used it before bed, and seemed to cause some sort of rebound/snap wakening effect upon awakening. You can see my thread here:
TMG (TrimethylGlycine) before bed is WONDERFUL. : Nootropics

RealNeat

What do we suppose causes such a phenomenon? Over methylation that is.

Yeah, the Niacin has worked marvelously for me. I can now use the Beetroot Powder before my workout, without feeling highly anxious/overmethylated. I am also stacking it with L-histidine (200mg), and feeling super alert, but calm at the same time.

L-histidine is expensive around here. What's your source?

Andy316

Mostly supp based forms.

If you OD on Beetroot, you (your toilet) will know haha.

Are you still taking Niacin and L Histidine? Have your overmethylation problems been resolved taking them? I have experienced a migraine type headache taking Betaine HCL Pepsin recently so think overmethylation is causing problems for me too.

Dave Clark

I have used both in the past. However, that time I was aiming to increase NO production, to enhance gym performance/pumps. It was decent for this, although not amazing. Nothing is able to give me a pump like L-Citruline though....

I actually had used TMG in the past, and in fact, I used it before bed, and seemed to cause some sort of rebound/snap wakening effect upon awakening. You can see my thread here:
Doesn't TMG convert to DMG which increases energy? I use mine during the day.

Hello there,

coffee/caffeine has effects on the methylation rate. But there seems to be contradicting info on the web if it raises or lowers it (or maybe I just don't understand everything, since the whole topic is new to me).

Can you tell me: In your experience, does coffee raise the methylation rate or lower it?

Thank you.

ddjd

Any concerns about high oxelates in beetroot powder?