How Can I Turn These Concepts Into A Meal Plan?

UpAndDown

Ok so I understand the concepts behind the Ray Peat way of eating, I'm just struggling to make a realistic meal plan that I can actually stick to. I don't want to chug OJ and milk all day.

What I've come up with so far is this:

Breakfast: eggs + fruit + coffee

Lunch: ??? + fruit + coffee

Dinner: meat + potato + homemade jelly + coffee

... And that's just ONE day. Christ knows what to have for lunch since I can't have sandwiches cause no bread allowed.

There's definitely logic to what Ray Peat says... it's just putting it into practice is really hard.

Any help appreciated.

chispas

Yes, I agree, it is tricky. A book could be written on nutrient timing. It would be helpful, but it is an individual thing.

OJ is good at breakfast. Even with a bit of salt, it's very hydrating after spending the night fasting.

Snacking on cheese is convenient. So is snacking on liver pate. I do this more now than I used to. Liverwurst has a lot of k2 and A. To block the iron, have a cup of coffee with anything meaty, including eggs.

Eggs are 99% digestible, in comparison to most other muscle meats and proteins. You need sugar in you before you eat a couple of them or you will probably get low blood sugar. Hence, lunch or dinner is probably the preferable time to eat eggs.

Personally, I find oysters boring and yucky for the supposed benefits, I prefer lamb for zinc. I have trouble getting enough magnesium from coffee and orange juice. I eat 5 dates a day and they are supposed to be loaded with magnesium.

I like milk before bed with a bit of sugar. I've backed down from the high protein (180g) approach, after learning that only 30% is actually digestible.

Starting to think a couple of BCAAs a day might be better. Haidut has a good post about this.

chispas

Perhaps breakfast should be OJ + BCAA.

Morning tea, coffee, liverwurst and cheese.

Lunch, eggs with milky coffee (like ice coffee with sugar) +BCAA.

Afternoon tea, medjool dates, more cheese.

Dinner, a small bit of meat and a Coke with some glycine.

M

member 2106

It gets easier.

I don't have a meal plan as such, but I try to have liver once a week (with potatoes, onions and gravy). Same with oxtail, prawns, oysters etc. Usually I'll have a meal that's not strictly pro-metabolic, like Chilli con Carne, or Bolognese, but it still has beef, gelatin (small amounts), rice, butter, chocolate. I usually have this kind of thing for lunch at work, because I need the energy boost from the rice to keep me going. You'll figure it out.

Lecarpetron

Lamb shanks and mashed potatoes, shrimp fried rice, oyster and/or clam chowder, cheese quesadillas, quiche with hash browns, scallops or squid red curry with rice, mushroom risotto.

If you are willing to have some wheat/oats in your life, oatmeal with baked fruit (frozen fruit, throw in oven tossed with sugar and cinnamon), grilled cheese sandwich, liver pate and crackers, cheese ravioli.

ETA: I find that when I get strict with Peaty guidelines, I tend to undereat. Don't restrict too much or too hard (some people here will disagree)

M

member 2106

Lamb shanks and mashed potatoes, shrimp fried rice, oyster and/or clam chowder, cheese quesadillas, quiche with hash browns, scallops or squid red curry with rice, mushroom risotto.

If you are willing to have some wheat/oats in your life, oatmeal with baked fruit (frozen fruit, throw in oven tossed with sugar and cinnamon), grilled cheese sandwich, liver pate and crackers, cheese ravioli.

ETA: I find that when I get strict with Peaty guidelines, I tend to undereat. Don't restrict too much or too hard (some people here will disagree)

Delicious-sounding ideas. How do you make your quiche with hash browns?

johnwester130

Tortilla Chips

with cheese

fruit

and liver

sourdough bread
white rice
potatoes

with oxtail

and fruit

boil milk, cocoa, coffee, chocolate, gelatin, cinnamon AND coconut oil in a pan.
froth it and drink it. the oil won't float.

breakfast :
sourdough bread , maybe in coconut oil
milk
coffee

lunch :

fruit
cheese
coffee
tortilla chips maybe

dinner :

potatoes
oxtail
white rice

BobbyDukes

You could just dump a load of things into a slow cooker.

I did some beautiful lamb the other day. The way it peeled from the bone was amazing. Tender, full of flavour & moist. Just chuck in potatoes, carrots and onions (or whatever you want). I'm no chef. But tasted pretty amazing to me. The liquid it cooked in, I added gelatin, salt (turned it into a kind of gravy).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals