how can i prevent hairline receding further? (photos attached)

BearWithMe

Well, did that worked for you so far?

BrianF

Taurine isnt bad for your hair in reasonable amounts - quite the opposite, 2-3 grams a day should be enough to combat fibrosis.

BearWithMe

Taurine isnt bad for your hair in reasonable amounts - quite the opposite, 2-3 grams a day should be enough to combat fibrosis.
How much were you using @ddjd ?

If it was enough to damage your nerves, deplete your choline and cause various other health issues, I'm sure it was also enough to raise prolactin to the point of causing hair loss.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

How much were you using @ddjd ?

If it was enough to damage your nerves, deplete your choline and cause various other health issues, I'm sure it was also enough to raise prolactin to the point of causing hair loss.
no im absolutely sure the taurine helped reduce my mpb progression. i have no idea why Jan P is associating hair loss with taurine- there's multiple studies showing it's benefits for hair growth

Inaut

JanP might be associating taurine with hairloss like one would when taking thyroid without adequate nutrition...All of these supps may need their cofactors to actually work as they are supposed to... just saying

BearWithMe

no im absolutely sure the taurine helped reduce my mpb progression. i have no idea why Jan P is associating hair loss with taurine- there's multiple studies showing it's benefits for hair growth
1) All the studies I have seen are either in vitro or with taurine applied topically. Completely different thing than consuming huge doses of taurine orally.
2) Taurine probably actually do have some hair-protecting and growth-stimulating properities even when taken orally, but if you take 10g daily for extended periods of time, deranging the balance of various other nutrients, and raising your prolactin, the hair-damaging effects might suddenly outweight the hair-protecting effects. Especially if you had high prolactin to begin with.

Every healthy substance on the planet become a poison if the dose is too high.

I'm not bashing taurine, I'm occasionally using it myself. I'm saying you probably overdid it and it might be worth checking your prolactin levels. If it will be high, you know the likely culprit and where to start the treatment.

Last edited:
OP
ddjd

ddjd

1) All the studies I have seen are either in vitro or with taurine applied topically. Completely different thing than consuming huge doses of taurine orally.
2) Taurine probably actually do have some hair-protecting and growth-stimulating properities even when taken orally, but if you take 10g daily for extended periods of time, deranging the balance of various other nutrients, and raising your prolactin, the hair-damaging effects might suddenly outweight the hair-protecting effects. Especially if you had high prolactin to begin with.

Every healthy substance on the planet become a poison if the dose is too high.

I'm not bashing taurine, I'm occasionally using it myself. I'm saying you probably overdid it and it might be worth checking your prolactin levels. If it will be high, you know the likely culprit and where to start the
i took 5g taurine several times a week for a few months and yes it did have some weird damaging effects on my nerves but my hair did not get worse, if anything much better- it felt thicker, fuller and shedding completely stops when i take taurine.

i think you've gotten the wrong impression about my hair loss problem. it's not suddenly got bad, it's been a very slow process over last 10 years of getting thinner and thinner and receding slightly but not drastically. my hair is naturally thin and my forehead naturally very high so if you saw a photo of me from 10 years ago it wouldn't be that different to those photos ive posted.

BearWithMe

i took 5g taurine several times a week for a few months and yes it did have some weird damaging effects on my nerves but my hair did not get worse, if anything much better- it felt thicker, fuller and shedding completely stops when i take taurine.

i think you've gotten the wrong impression about my hair loss problem. it's not suddenly got bad, it's been a very slow process over last 10 years of getting thinner and thinner and receding slightly but not drastically. my hair is naturally thin and my forehead naturally very high so if you saw a photo of me from 10 years ago it wouldn't be that different to those photos ive posted.
Okay, taurine probably did not hurt your hair then, but you have said something copletely different in your other thread about taurine supplementation

OP
ddjd

ddjd

@ddjd

any success meanwhile?
Hi thanks for the prompt.

I think @BearWithMe was alluding to an issue I raised in a different post where I said taurine was causing nerve damage issues. I've actually managed to solve this using Niacinamide alongside the taurine, so I'm back to supplementing around 2-4g taurine daily primarily for the hair restorative benefits.

I'm convinced taurine is extremely effective against MPB. After a month, hair feels much thicker, stronger, and has a lot more bounce. There's many theories about why taurine works but could be as simple as the sulfur content. MSM has a somewhat similar effect I've found and that's also very high in sulfur.

Bear in mind I use taurine amongst a few other substances which I consider essential in preventing mpb from advancing. These are;

- methylene blue
- cyproheptadine
- t3
- Progesterone
- aspirin
- zinc

I genuinely think these things plus the taurine will probably help me at least maintain the hair I've currently got.

If you do take taurine remember you need to balance with glycine, also take Niacinamide and b6p5p around the same time

Motif

Hi thanks for the prompt.

I think @BearWithMe was alluding to an issue I raised in a different post where I said taurine was causing nerve damage issues. I've actually managed to solve this using Niacinamide alongside the taurine, so I'm back to supplementing around 2-4g taurine daily primarily for the hair restorative benefits.

I'm convinced taurine is extremely effective against MPB. After a month, hair feels much thicker, stronger, and has a lot more bounce. There's many theories about why taurine works but could be as simple as the sulfur content. MSM has a somewhat similar effect I've found and that's also very high in sulfur.

Bear in mind I use taurine amongst a few other substances which I consider essential in preventing mpb from advancing. These are;

- methylene blue
- cyproheptadine
- t3
- Progesterone
- aspirin
- zinc

I genuinely think these things plus the taurine will probably help me at least maintain the hair I've currently got.

If you do take taurine remember you need to balance with glycine, also take Niacinamide and b6p5p around the same time
I see, thanks. I hope you will get regrowth too.
But I think it’s a rare thing that this really happens unfortunately.

BrianF

I see, thanks. I hope you will get regrowth too.
But I think it’s a rare thing that this really happens unfortunately.
Motif - you asked for a response from me on another thread, I seen it briefly and got caught up in things and I'm only now getting some time to formualte a response, Apologies that I'm only getting round to it and now I that cant even find the thread. Half-a$$ed, I know!

Sadly the short answer to your request was no, didn't have any significant regrowth to show you. I was experimenting with a protocol that included manipulation and transdermal prog and it didn't yield any great success. To be fair, the prog did provide a positive effect on the scalp albiet temporarily for around 24 hours but the dosing that I was using probably wasn't frequent enough for my scalp. In any case, I had stopped with the daily manipulation when we went into lockdown and things in my life just turned to sh*t.

My conclusions are that there are a few things that will have a beneficial effect on the scalp, prog, iodine, caffeine etc, but it there is a significant calcification then none will work without the manipulation, which is bad because I hate doing the manipulation.

As for regrowth, I've been manipulating again since late December and i see small regrowth around my hairline on one side, nothing impressive and its not significant enough to show up too well on my cheap phone camera. I can send you some direct message images if you like. But they aren't impressive.

I think I also mentioned that I had experienced decent regrowth in the past. Without being confrontational, I get the strong impression that you doubt that. But thats ok, you have'nt seen proof and I would be inclined to think like you in your shoes.

Thing is, my regrowth wasnt noticeable to me at the time and I wasn't really in the habit of taking pics of my skull back around 2008 - 2011. In fact Ive only ever done this in the last 12-18 months to try to measure the efficacy of what my efforts and granted, that hasn't show much.

I will however pm you some pics whch I think show you a clear change from 2008 - 2011 in hair volume. This was pre-peat, roddy days for me and I have no idea why it occured. I only wish I did. Thats why I keep going with this stuff, because I know that it CAN be done. I just don't know how the hell it is done.

However I would expect that any pics I send you to be treated by yourself with the appropriate respect for my personal privacy. If not, then you only need to revisit Liam Neeson's famous threat in Taken to understand what will happen to you:):

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals