how can i prevent hairline receding further? (photos attached)

ddjd

im a 34 year old male. any ideas/suggestions for stopping my hairline receding and maybe improving hair density?
1609087349276.png
1609087382379.png

1609087395572.png

Last edited:

mrchibbs

Thankfully you do not seem to have developed any fibrotic/calcified area. You should be able to add density everywhere by next summer.

I don't typically tell people what to do but since you ask, here's what I would do.

- Take extra thyroid for the next six months. It will assist repair processes, and improve peripheral circulation and suppress the deleterious pituitary and adrenal hormones (e.g. prolactin and cortisol) from negatively affecting your hair. Moreover, hair follicles require it to grow to their full potential.

- Use a topical to increase CO2 (and other actions) on your scalp. The easiest is to get a spray bottle and cut your hair shorter for the next 6 months to make it easy to apply everywhere. Some ideas: vitamin B1 (carbonic anhydrase inhibitor) and T3. Progesterone/DHEA would be great as well. Choose one and keep it simple.
They do similar things. The best is an ethanol/distilled water solution where you bring the powder in solution. Then you can spray it everywhere.

- Read up on Rob English's massage approach, and look at the testimonials on his site perfecthairhealth.com . You don't need to sign up to his membership however. A few years back, his original book was great and well researched, if you can't find it, let me know.

- Use red light on you scalp after stimulating it. A few times a week for a few minutes goes a long way.

- Obviously, take care of your nutrition, making sure to get zinc, B2, protein and enough vitamin D etc. Aspirin suppresses the prostaglandins which are deleterious to hair, and is always useful for hair in my experience.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Thankfully you do not seem to have developed any fibrotic/calcified area. You should be able to add density everywhere by next summer.

I don't typically tell people what to do but since you ask, here's what I would do.

- Take extra thyroid for the next six months. It will assist repair processes, and improve peripheral circulation and suppress the deleterious pituitary and adrenal hormones (e.g. prolactin and cortisol) from negatively affecting your hair. Moreover, hair follicles require it to grow to their full potential.

- Use a topical to increase CO2 (and other actions) on your scalp. The easiest is to get a spray bottle and cut your hair shorter for the next 6 months to make it easy to apply everywhere. Some ideas: vitamin B1 (carbonic anhydrase inhibitor) and T3. Progesterone/DHEA would be great as well. Choose one and keep it simple.
They do similar things. The best is an ethanol/distilled water solution where you bring the powder in solution. Then you can spray it everywhere.

- Read up on Rob English's massage approach, and look at the testimonials on his site perfecthairhealth.com . You don't need to sign up to his membership however. A few years back, his original book was great and well researched, if you can't find it, let me know.

- Use red light on you scalp after stimulating it. A few times a week for a few minutes goes a long way.

- Obviously, take care of your nutrition, making sure to get zinc, B2, protein and enough vitamin D etc. Aspirin suppresses the prostaglandins which are deleterious to hair, and is always useful for hair in my experience.
many thanks for this. lots to get to work on. i wanted to also ask whats your opinion on Methylene Blue for slowing down mpb- i suspect the nitric oxide lowering could be very beneficial

rr1

many thanks for this. lots to get to work on. i wanted to also ask whats your opinion on Methylene Blue for slowing down mpb- i suspect the nitric oxide lowering could be very beneficial
I would say that this would be the case, but Zinc also has a nitric oxide lowing effect (along with Magnesium, Niacinamide and MSM), which @mrchibbs has already mentioned to keep an eye on. Here is a thread about Methylene Blue and hair loss in case you haven't seen it. Man With Male Pattern Baldness Regrows Hair With Methylene Blue

Very insightful post.

I have also been considering a topical T3, but now that you have mentioned this combo of vitamin B1 and T3 I think I will go with this.

Would it just be as simple as using a product like haidut's Tyronene and Vitamin B1 tablets crushed up in some ethanol solution?

What would you do to tackle a calcified area?
I suggest to read up on the posts from a user here @Elephanto. He talked about tackling calcification using a few approaches. 1: High dose (2000mg Magnesium Citrate) 2: Soaking his hair in a water/apple cider vinegar mixture for 5-10 mins and not washing it out until the morning 3: Using other de-calcifying supps like Bicarbonate Sodium(4tsp a day), Taurine, K2, MSM, Flowers of Sulfur 4: Focusing on slow and controlled breathing or trying bag breathing to increase C02.

BrianF

In my experience, the most fundamental change you can make for hair health is to consume liver at least once a week. I credit this with arresting my hairloss. Sadly no significant regrowth has ever been achieved (though at times I did have minimal regrowth that my ex partner even noticed).

Liver has significant levels of vitamin A that regulate the sebum production of the scalp. If you consume regularly you will quickly notice that you need to wash your hair less and the scalp is much healthier. It also provided significant levels of B vitamins as well as copper and its all highly bioavailable.

You may wish for a time to apply vinegar or other scalp tonics that provide a similar anti-fungal action, but the regulation of sebum will render them less necessary after a time.

Progersterone topically will help your scalp. Twice a week. You may wish to alternate that with tonics / vinegar. Idealabs Solban is highly rated for scalp health by some on here but I never tried it myself. Depending on your budget you might want to make that part of your regimen. Perhaps daily in the morning with the others applied in the evening.

Internal consumption / supplements: Daily aspiriin, B-Vits, Magnesium, Zinc, D3 & K2 are the royal court, with Vitamin A/Liver the jewel in the crown

Cut your hair short for the topical application and start massaging your scalp too. It will help with fibrosis and calcification and work in synergy with the supps and topicals.

BrianF

Do you have a pdf of Rob English's book?

baccheion

Lower (oxidative) stress and inflammation. Maybe go vegetarian (ie, vegan + milk + eggs + shellfish). Definitely eliminate inflammatory foods.

Many things that lower GSK-3 and/or increase alkaline phosphatase aid with hair.

Take a multivitamin. Via your scalp.

Progesterone on the scalp sometimes can restore the extra in the front.

Dermaroller may have some effect once healthy (ie, healing could trigger some stem cell follicle regeneration effect).

Further, AOR Ortho-Core is great. I like the high amount of B6. Thorne Basic (Detox) Nutrients, Pure Encapsulations, and other more expensive multivitamins are also great. Unsure how they are all perceived in the Peat world.

Sustained-release melatonin before bed (see: REMfresh 300 mcg or 2 mg) and vitamin D3 in the morning.

Last edited:

mrchibbs

I think MB is great all around, I have some concerns over its long term toxicity, but with a good source I think it helps everything. I don't understand it fully, but it seems to be especially useful in combination with red light.

mrchibbs

Would it just be as simple as using a product like haidut's Tyronene and Vitamin B1 tablets crushed up in some ethanol solution?

Yeah, basically. Although I think the crushed up tablet wouldn't work well in the solution because of the excipients added. You'd need to use pure thiamine HCL powder. Raw T3 powder would be ideal, but it's difficult to source. I guess you can add tyronene drops to the thiamine solution, to get the final topical solution.

keytothecity

In my experience, the most fundamental change you can make for hair health is to consume liver at least once a week. I credit this with arresting my hairloss. Sadly no significant regrowth has ever been achieved (though at times I did have minimal regrowth that my ex partner even noticed).

Liver has significant levels of vitamin A that regulate the sebum production of the scalp. If you consume regularly you will quickly notice that you need to wash your hair less and the scalp is much healthier. It also provided significant levels of B vitamins as well as copper and its all highly bioavailable.

You may wish for a time to apply vinegar or other scalp tonics that provide a similar anti-fungal action, but the regulation of sebum will render them less necessary after a time.

Progersterone topically will help your scalp. Twice a week. You may wish to alternate that with tonics / vinegar. Idealabs Solban is highly rated for scalp health by some on here but I never tried it myself. Depending on your budget you might want to make that part of your regimen. Perhaps daily in the morning with the others applied in the evening.

Internal consumption / supplements: Daily aspiriin, B-Vits, Magnesium, Zinc, D3 & K2 are the royal court, with Vitamin A/Liver the jewel in the crown

Cut your hair short for the topical application and start massaging your scalp too. It will help with fibrosis and calcification and work in synergy with the supps and topicals.
Thats a lot of estrogen lowering which will be problematic to individuals with already low E levels in my experience (hair and health wise)

I think MB is great all around, I have some concerns over its long term toxicity, but with a good source I think it helps everything. I don't understand it fully, but it seems to be especially useful in combination with red light.
MB is very good for CO2. I notice slower and more satisfying breathing after using it.

Something that is great for my hair and that I recently re- discovered is niacinamide. I was wondering why since around the end of last year, my hair was more brittle and much harder to comb. It was also falling out a lot. I managed to improve it significantly with gelatin and less fat in the diet, but it still wasn't like it used to be. This coincided with when I stopped using high dose B3. Three weeks ago or so, I started using it again, because I figured it wouldn't cause weight gain, since I wasn't eating that much fat anymore. In less than 2 days, my hair quality changed drastically. It was easy to comb, much less shedding, the scalp was feeling nice and strong, the general appearance of the hair was just looking stronger and healthier. It made me realize even more how important the b-vitamins are for health, including hair health.

mrchibbs

MB is very good for CO2. I notice slower and more satisfying breathing after using it.

Something that is great for my hair and that I recently re- discovered is niacinamide. I was wondering why since around the end of last year, my hair was more brittle and much harder to comb. It was also falling out a lot. I managed to improve it significantly with gelatin and less fat in the diet, but it still wasn't like it used to be. This coincided with when I stopped using high dose B3. Three weeks ago or so, I started using it again, because I figured it wouldn't cause weight gain, since I wasn't eating that much fat anymore. In less than 2 days, my hair quality changed drastically. It was easy to comb, much less shedding, the scalp was feeling nice and strong, the general appearance of the hair was just looking stronger and healthier. It made me realize even more how important the b-vitamins are for health, including hair health.

For sure, b5,b6,b7 are also crucial for hair. But b-vitamins and intestinal microbiota are some of the most subtle/tricky aspects to master for most people here (including me). The interaction and interplay between all the b-vitamins gets really complex and I think this is why focusing on foods like liver, nutritional yeast, cheese, egg yolks is really the best way to approach this.

In some people with ideal microbiomes (from birth), their intestinal bacteria can make all sorts of protective compounds, and b-vitamins, and I think this can make some people more resilient to stress.

Summer

Great stuff already posted. Gonna screen cap this entire thread hahah. I need to get a copy of Rob’s book as well.

I would like to add a couple of things: maintain proper posture and make sure you’re breathing correctly. As silly as that sounds, a lot of people (including myself) have gone most of their lives doing a combination of shallow breathing and mouth breathing. It’s super important to breathe through the nose and take sufficient breaths.

Cloudhands

If hairloss happened fairly quickly, ie, over the course of 1-3 months its most likely a nutrient deficiency. Vitamin D, iron and zinc are fairly common culprits, and then b1 and the b vitamins come next. Basically try to get loads of the micronutrients, weekly liver and oysters etc.

sladerunner69

Does Rob English have a book? Or just published papers?

mrchibbs

Does Rob English have a book? Or just published papers?

He used to have a book, but it's not available on his website anymore since he started his membership approach.

rr1

Yeah, basically. Although I think the crushed up tablet wouldn't work well in the solution because of the excipients added. You'd need to use pure thiamine HCL powder. Raw T3 powder would be ideal, but it's difficult to source. I guess you can add tyronene drops to the thiamine solution, to get the final topical solution.
Thank you! The Vitamin B1 Thiamine HCl powder from lifegivingstore looks like a good product. If you were making this solution for yourself, which T3 powder would you use? I'm finding it hard to find any sort of T3 powder that isn't made in China from weird websites. Would Cytomel (Liothyronine sodium tablets) work? Also would you use a 50/50 water to alcohol solution or just pure alcohol?

Also one more question, would there be any value to adding anything like haidut's SolBan (Liquid Aspirin/Caffeine/Niacinamide Mix) to this? Or even topical Boron? (If You Never Want To Use Laundry Detergent This Is Your Answer)

baccheion

Does topical SSKI (potassium iodide) work in place of progesterone? T3?

Usually, there is something to oppose 5-AR/androgens and something to increase growth/IGF-1. Which is doing which here? Would added capsaicin be relevant? MSM