how can i prevent hairline receding further? (photos attached)

JanP

well im not bald, did you see my photos??
Do you attribute that to the taurine use?

How do you know your hair would not be better if you was not using taurine?

Last edited:

BrianF

Taurine isnt bad for your hair in reasonable amounts - quite the opposite, 2-3 grams a day should be enough to combat fibrosis.

JanP

Taurine isnt bad for your hair in reasonable amounts - quite the opposite, 2-3 grams a day should be enough to combat fibrosis.
How much were you using @ddjd ?

If it was enough to damage your nerves, deplete your choline and cause various other health issues, I'm sure it was also enough to raise prolactin to the point of causing hair loss.

ddjd

How much were you using @ddjd ?

If it was enough to damage your nerves, deplete your choline and cause various other health issues, I'm sure it was also enough to raise prolactin to the point of causing hair loss.
no im absolutely sure the taurine helped reduce my mpb progression. i have no idea why Jan P is associating hair loss with taurine- there's multiple studies showing it's benefits for hair growth

Inaut

JanP might be associating taurine with hairloss like one would when taking thyroid without adequate nutrition...All of these supps may need their cofactors to actually work as they are supposed to... just saying

JanP

no im absolutely sure the taurine helped reduce my mpb progression. i have no idea why Jan P is associating hair loss with taurine- there's multiple studies showing it's benefits for hair growth
1) All the studies I have seen are either in vitro or with taurine applied topically. Completely different thing than consuming huge doses of taurine orally.
2) Taurine probably actually do have some hair-protecting and growth-stimulating properities even when taken orally, but if you take 10g daily for extended periods of time, deranging the balance of various other nutrients, and raising your prolactin, the hair-damaging effects might suddenly outweight the hair-protecting effects. Especially if you had high prolactin to begin with.

Every healthy substance on the planet become a poison if the dose is too high.

I'm not bashing taurine, I'm occasionally using it myself. I'm saying you probably overdid it and it might be worth checking your prolactin levels. If it will be high, you know the likely culprit and where to start the treatment.

Last edited:

ddjd

1) All the studies I have seen are either in vitro or with taurine applied topically. Completely different thing than consuming huge doses of taurine orally.
2) Taurine probably actually do have some hair-protecting and growth-stimulating properities even when taken orally, but if you take 10g daily for extended periods of time, deranging the balance of various other nutrients, and raising your prolactin, the hair-damaging effects might suddenly outweight the hair-protecting effects. Especially if you had high prolactin to begin with.

Every healthy substance on the planet become a poison if the dose is too high.

I'm not bashing taurine, I'm occasionally using it myself. I'm saying you probably overdid it and it might be worth checking your prolactin levels. If it will be high, you know the likely culprit and where to start the
i took 5g taurine several times a week for a few months and yes it did have some weird damaging effects on my nerves but my hair did not get worse, if anything much better- it felt thicker, fuller and shedding completely stops when i take taurine.

i think you've gotten the wrong impression about my hair loss problem. it's not suddenly got bad, it's been a very slow process over last 10 years of getting thinner and thinner and receding slightly but not drastically. my hair is naturally thin and my forehead naturally very high so if you saw a photo of me from 10 years ago it wouldn't be that different to those photos ive posted.

JanP

i took 5g taurine several times a week for a few months and yes it did have some weird damaging effects on my nerves but my hair did not get worse, if anything much better- it felt thicker, fuller and shedding completely stops when i take taurine.

i think you've gotten the wrong impression about my hair loss problem. it's not suddenly got bad, it's been a very slow process over last 10 years of getting thinner and thinner and receding slightly but not drastically. my hair is naturally thin and my forehead naturally very high so if you saw a photo of me from 10 years ago it wouldn't be that different to those photos ive posted.
Okay, taurine probably did not hurt your hair then, but you have said something copletely different in your other thread about taurine supplementation