How can I EAT my milk?

reality

I don’t want to drink my calories, I need to eat and chew for satiety and pleasure. I also don’t do well with A1 cow dairy, but I can do goat milk no problems.

Is there any way I can turn milk into a thick, yogurt-like substance... without it being yogurt. I was thinking ‘ice cream’, but most recipes I’ve seen use cream and other ingredients I don’t want.

I just want to thicken it up, or solidity it, so I can possibly have it as a meal with some fruit and syrup/honey/sugar

Last edited:

Vileplume

I don’t want to drink my calories, I need to eat and chew for satiety and pleasure. I also don’t do well with A1 cow dairy, but I can do goat milk no problems.

Is there any way I can turn milk into a thick, yogurt-like substance? I was thinking ‘ice cream’, but most recipes I’ve seen use cream and other ingredients I don’t want.

I just want to thicken it up, or solidity it, so I can possibly have it as a meal with some fruit and syrup/honey/sugar
If you put it in an ice cream maker it will thicken it up to spoon-level thickness. It will just be icier than usual ice cream (sorbet-like), and quicker to melt.

Jam

Or just evaporate it to desired consistency by simmering it. You'll need to whisk it often.

Hgreen56

put it in a freezer?
iu

iu

hard enough for you? :smuggrin:

Is there any way I can turn milk into a thick, yogurt-like substance... without it being yogurt. I was thinking ‘ice cream’, but most recipes I’ve seen use cream and other ingredients I don’t want.

Yes, heat your milk, add gelatin (and a sweetner of choice, coffee or cocoa powder, etc), then let it cool and solidify.

If you don't want to heat your milk because it tends to burn quickly, mix the gelatin with boiling water, then add the milk and let sit.

How solid you want it will be determined by how much gelatin you introduce.

Maybe try some savory custards. There are lots of recipes online. Or if you like sweet, rice pudding is great. It has rice but not that much actually it is mostly milk. Or panna cotta. Cottage cheese also is a good choice.

Sefton10

Homemade custard with stewed apple and a dash of cinnamon is up there as one of the ideal snacks/desserts for me. It may be controversial but cold custard > ice cream too!

schultz

Homemade custard with stewed apple and a dash of cinnamon is up there as one of the ideal snacks/desserts for me. It may be controversial but cold custard > ice cream too!

Mmm that sounds good. I'll have to try that.

Oleg

I turn my milk into cottage cheese. Very easy to do and I eat it with syrup, sometimes honey or whatever else sweet I want to use. I would never be able to drink the amount of milk that I eat as cottage cheese.