How bad would a hand x ray be?

Josh

Hey,

Think I’m being OTT as usual here..

I’m an idiot and on Sunday I punched a solid cupboard really hard and one of my knuckles has had some pain since, it’s swollen. I can move my hand and fingers normally with minimal pain but the one knuckle seems weird and kind of out of place, even though the pain to move it about is really not that bad at all, I can fully clench my fist etc with no pain. It’s improving all the time.

I’m massively into weight lifting at the moment and I actually did two workouts in the last two days since Sunday with minimal issues. I just have this weird doubt in my mind that I’ve maybe done something minimally to it and then scared that when I pull a heavy deadlift for example, its gonna really **** the knuckle up further.

So I’m torn between getting an x ray on it, should I bother? Should I just continue with the weight lifting based on the fact I have minimal symptoms?

Perry Staltic

OK if you get it x-rayed and something's wrong you will cut back, correct? Why not just cut back and save yourself the worry and cost of an x-ray? Go slowly and listen to what your body is telling you. Increase as you gain confidence.