How bad is to have avocados?

Jack Earth

I get this amazing king crab roll from a local sushi place but it contains avocado.
Do you think I should stop?

Avocado is extremely high in PUFA's with RP say that avocados are hepaticic, toxic to the liver. With that being said, if you are not eating them often I would enjoy that bit of avocado. They are already high in vitamin E, so take a little aspirin for the extra PUFA's :)

OP
J

Jack Earth

Avocado is extremely high in PUFA's with RP say that avocados are hepaticic, toxic to the liver. With that being said, if you are not eating them often I would enjoy that bit of avocado. They are already high in vitamin E, so take a little aspirin for the extra PUFA's :)
Bummer I'll see if they can put cucumbers instead.
It can't be harder than giving up PB&Joe smoothies from juice generation :)

Peatful

I get this amazing king crab roll from a local sushi place but it contains avocado.
Do you think I should stop?
You’re fine.
Iirc roughly 80 percent MUFA. 10 PUFA. 10 saturated.
Enjoy every bite.
(as said above- good vitamin E)

of course- if you feel terrible after eating it, metabolically not mentally- then just dont eat it again

Bon appétit

Bummer I'll see if they can put cucumbers instead.
It can't be harder than giving up PB&Joe smoothies from juice generation :)
Oh man don't make make me think about my PB&J days! I love peanut butter with raspberry jelly, but not anymore! Here was my splurge with it last year with my homemade ice cream :)

Attachments

• 20210220_221658.jpg
    20210220_221658.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 62
I made a lot of sushi last year too! Some "Peaty" and some not so much. It feels good to be back on track again this year :)

OP
J

Jack Earth

You’re fine.
Iirc roughly 80 percent MUFA. 10 PUFA. 10 saturated.
Enjoy every bite.
(as said above- good vitamin E)

of course- if you feel terrible after eating it, metabolically not mentally- then just dont eat it again

Bon appétit
Ok good to know.. I feel great after eating it

OP
J

Jack Earth

Oh man don't make make me think about my PB&J days! I love peanut butter with raspberry jelly, but not anymore! Here was my splurge with it last year with my homemade ice cream :)
Look yummy :) PB is by far the pufa I miss the most. Coffee smoothies with it were like crack to me

OP
J

Jack Earth

I made a lot of sushi last year too! Some "Peaty" and some not so much. It feels good to be back on track again this year :)
If you stick to crab, shrimp or lobster it can be peaty. I do have a very occasional tuna though

JKX

Ok good to know.. I feel great after eating it
This.

The fact you enjoy it far outweighs the negatives. I eat an avocado once a week or so. Home made guacamole is delicious. Don't sweat the small stuff.

If you stick to crab, shrimp or lobster it can be peaty. I do have a very occasional tuna though
Not that fake crab, it isn't real food all glued together with chemicals and PUFA laden mayo. Bummer cause I love it. That fake crab make avocado seem harmless ?

OP
J

Jack Earth

Not that fake crab, it isn't real food all glued together with chemicals and PUFA laden mayo. Bummer cause I love it. That fake crab make avocado seem harmless ?
No that's called kani. I have Alaskan king crab or spider crab only. I get the plain rolls not the special rolls which have the mayo

This.

The fact you enjoy it far outweighs the negatives. I eat an avocado once a week or so. Home made guacamole is delicious. Don't sweat the small stuff.
Oh I love homemade guacamole! I miss that more than PP&J! I eat less of it now, but when I do have some I LOVE cold radish slices instead of the chips for scooping it up!

Attachments

• 20210104_122342.jpg
    20210104_122342.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 32

Tom K

Avocado, are generally high in deuterium, which alters mitochondrial function. Also, they have a fair amount of oxalate. It may be best to avoid and only consume occasionally.

OP
J

Jack Earth

Avocado, are generally high in deuterium, which alters mitochondrial function. Also, they have a fair amount of oxalate. It may be best to avoid and only consume occasionally.
Even though avocado are fruit I eat them more like a vegetable. Which are the safest veggies?

Peatful

stsfut

I’m not the perfect picture of health but I think it is ok occasionally. Some pufa is okay if it has high vitamin E. So avoid the oils but occasional avocado nuts etc should be fine IMO

Dr. B

it shouldnt be much pufa, a single avocado shouldnt have much, it's mostly MUFA fat, with a small amount of SFA and PUFA. it's actually the same profile as olive oil, around 1g sfa, 1g pufa, 12g MUFA . the avocado lacks the antioxidants in olive oil/olive leaf

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals