How bad is magnesium stearate in supplements?

bbmccorm

There's a lot of conflicting research and information out there about the effects of magnesium stearate and so many supplements have it in them so I'm wondering how important it is to try and avoid it.

OliviaD

There's a lot of conflicting research and information out there about the effects of magnesium stearate and so many supplements have it in them so I'm wondering how important it is to try and avoid it.
I don't know, but I see you have no replies and I would also have been interested in this topic. I have also read, "completely harmless, don't worry about it" to "it is horrible and negates any positive". I used to take a lot of supplements, and many contained this. I can't say I ever had a negative experience that I know about. However, I can say I never noticed any wonderful effects from a supplement.

AlaskaJono

https://www.thorne.com/take-5-daily/article/what-actually-are-those-other-ingredients-on-a-thorne-product-label

I have used Thorne products for over 30 years, and appreciated their attitude towards unnecessary ingredients. :): Magnesium Stearate in question probably messes with absorbtion, as it is only used to keep the machines lubricated for the actual product. That was all I needed to know 30 years ago When I started to use their products and give to clients. They are practitioner only, but through iherb one can purchase most of their supplements. They were bought out about 10 years ago and went more commercial. I can tell they went big time', but... probably bought out by big Pharma or BlackRock. Anyhow I still purchase their products.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals