How bad are things going to get?

I'm.No.One

Where did he say this?
It was one of his recent talks on Danny's podcast I believe, someone made a post about it here pointing it out.

Callmestar

People misunderstand this concept all of the time. I'm not saying we can't do something as a collective, I'm say that you, yes you (or me, or him, or her), can do absolutely nothing on an individual basis to stop rome from burning.

What's happening is we're all so burnt out (by design IMHO) from doom psyops because our brains are constantly trying to figure out how to be prepared for a world we can't even fathom.

You can't individually stop the dollar from collapsing.

You can't individually stop food shortages that cause mother's to smother their babies like they did during the great depression.

You can't individually take on some all encompassing super villain new world order that has armies at it's will.

That is what I mean by there's nothing this person can do, so looking just causes distress versus tangible action when ***t actually happens.

But hey if you want to start a militia & be the first wave of martyrs that try to topple the US government and beyond by all means.

I didn't misunderstand the concept. I agree with what you say, but without resisting/doing something as an individual, the collective can never form. So telling individuals they can't do anything prevents them from ever becoming part of a collective resistance. I also understand your point that looking at these things can cause distress and often lead to nothing positive or productive, but we must try.

JamesGatz

It's super easy to grow potatoes and they are ready in 3 months so you can grow lots in rotation. By the time everyone figures out there's a global famine underway I'll be on my 3rd or 4th cycle and knee deep in potatoes.
That's awesome - I'm getting started next week - are you using grow bags or pots?

I was thinking of creating my own grow bags from cotton because the ones online are all toxic plastic or making my own huge pot with some leftover wood I got

I'm starting with Potatoes and Tobacco - I really think worst case scenario I could literally just live on potatoes - I don't care much for growing anything else indoors

crestind

Thr main issue right now seems to be that oil production has reached a point where its extraction is no longer cheap enough to support continued economic growth, which is the basis of the current western socioeconomic system for the past many decades. Now all the major world factions know the system has reached its end, but are playing a game of who blinks first, so if another falls, this decline can allow the surviving countries to continue the current system for a tiny while longer. Postponing the issue.

EROEI theory. Surplus Energy Economics provides the most straightforward overview. There are other sites discussing this, but they have various deficiencies. SEE's onky deficiency lies in how repetitive his posts are now that he has explained the basic idea.

How bad will it get? Hard to say. Energy is still plentiful enough so that nobody starves for sure. I think people predicting complete societal breakdown are delusional. But it could very well be if the current system collapses, standard of living will be dramatically reduced.

crestind

@JamesGatz I'm using grow bags that are some sort of felt material. If you can make your own more power to you.

Did you see what just went down in Sri Lanka?
Yes, but I would not consider that a full on societal breakdown. Maybe my interpretation of the term is not the same, but I would interpret it as full on supply chain breakdown for a duration long enough that government workers such as police, military, etc., large proportions no longer answer to orders. Right now as far as I am aware there is some social unrest, but there is no attempt at government overthrow. Just some mundane civil disobedience and requests that the existing leaders step down, key being request. So as I see it, they still have faith in their current political systems.

Lastly, it's Sri Lanka. Tiny island with no resources to speak of, and no hope long term in a globalized world. If a major country falls... Then I would be worried.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom