How are your prepping for a potential emergency?

K

Kayaker

Anybody know a book about prepping or a list of "how To's" with some basic survival things since we wont be able to google how to do something in such a scenario.
They are popular on ?‍☠️ sites.

Mauritio

Books about prepping and survival.
Thanks, but I'm not well versed in pirating sites . Can you recommend any of those websites or books ?

K

Kayaker

Thanks, but I'm not well versed in pirating sites . Can you recommend any of those websites or books ?
The piracy subreddit would be a good place to start. Even less informative books on this subject are useful, so I recommend buying whatever you find in local bookstores and discount stores.

Mauritio

The piracy subreddit would be a good place to start. Even less informative books on this subject are useful, so I recommend buying whatever you find in local bookstores and discount stores.
Ok , thanks .

Regina

Anybody know a book about prepping or a list of "how To's" with some basic survival things since we wont be able to google how to do something in such a scenario.
I think this interview/article was amazing. Truly an intense read.

This is the most serious dude I have encountered:

Tom Brown's Field Guides are very good:
He has several.

seely

Ok , thanks .
Go to thrift books.com or eBay and search “emergency prep”. Buy a few books in your budget. Food is a big one, plus a general natural disaster one to get you thinking about the big picture. Something about gardening for your zone, and something with medical examples of you aren’t familiar with EMS.

Mauritio

I think this interview/article was amazing. Truly an intense read.

This is the most serious dude I have encountered:

Tom Brown's Field Guides are very good:
He has several.
Yes I enjoyed that article very much as well. Almost reads like a novel.

Tom brown's field guide I cant download for some reason...
Go to thrift books.com or eBay and search “emergency prep”. Buy a few books in your budget. Food is a big one, plus a general natural disaster one to get you thinking about the big picture. Something about gardening for your zone, and something with medical examples of you aren’t familiar with EMS.
Thanks I will check that out.
Thanks for the book and the book list!

Mauritio

What do you guys think about weapons ? The SHTF scenario from eastern Europe showed that all your plans and preparations might be useless if you dont have a gun...

Regina

Yes I enjoyed that article very much as well. Almost reads like a novel.

Tom brown's field guide I cant download for some reason...

Thanks I will check that out.

Thanks for the book and the book list!
Oy. I'm sorry. Now I'm even having a hard time getting that page to load at all.

Pina's list is fantastic. I see Tom Brown's Field Guides made it.
But the survival book she posted is great. I'm going to print that one.
Thx for the book Pina!!

Regina

What do you guys think about weapons ? The SHTF scenario from eastern Europe showed that all your plans and preparations might be useless if you dont have a gun...
That's a deeper question.
Someone like Shane (of Mountain Scout) has no gun and has no need of one. He could hide in plain sight and you won't see him.

My former zen/aikido teacher has no need of one. Distinct from Shane, the zen priest has vast kata (forms) in his repertory on a vast array of "weapons"-- such as a vajra or walking stick (or stick-rod-like thing of any size) or any edged blade or empty hand. He also has deep wilderness training and, of course, mind, movement and breath training.

So, ah there's the rub. The less-trained, less equipped person needs a gun. But the fact that they need a gun will be tested.

OP
P

Peatness

Oy. I'm sorry. Now I'm even having a hard time getting that page to load at all.

Pina's list is fantastic. I see Tom Brown's Field Guides made it.
But the survival book she posted is great. I'm going to print that one.
Thx for the book Pina!!
I was actually searching for the Tom Brown's book on your recommendation when I came across that list. So, thank you

I would like a recommendation for a book on identifying edible plants too.

mayku-T-meelo

I also purchased a solar generator last year. Zero sound output and no fuel needed. It will power my fridge or chest freezer. Crucial piece of gear.
a solar system that can run all of our deep freezers/well pump/everything

Do you guys have any tips on which brand (of generators, panels) is most reliable, what's the minimal setup needed for fridges/freezers, what's the approximate cost for such solar system? Where to start?

Back
Top Bottom