How Are Most People Still Alive ?

johnwester130

I don't even agree with all of what ray peat says

But what actually happens to the body when you live on salmon, brown rice, and raw vegetables and canola oil ?
and work in an office 8 hours a day ?

DaveFoster

If you become chronically sick, you adopt cultural health advice and navigate your diet toward low-fat foods or "whole foods," thereby limiting your consumption of toxic additives, total PUFA and so on.

You can no longer work creatively unaided, so you use adaptogens, herbals, drugs, antidepressants and hormonal replacement therapies in pursuance of normalcy and find jobs with minimal operational requirements, while you advocate for authoritarianism to secure the financial and social viability of yourself and your posterity, which also externalizes and justifies your chronic state of pain and learned helplessness.

Alternatively, you justify your work with the pursuit of wealth or a better future.

Last edited:

Tarmander

But what actually happens to the body when you live on salmon, brown rice, and raw vegetables and canola oil ?
Race to the bottom man...sometimes the worst thing is when you have decent health, because you can keep that up when it would kill the weaker.

Dhair

If you become chronically sick, you adopt cultural health advice and navigate your diet toward low-fat foods or "whole foods," thereby limiting your consumption of toxic additives, total PUFA and so on.

You can no longer work creatively unaided, so you use adaptogens, herbals, drugs, antidepressants and hormonal replacement therapies in pursuance of normalcy and find jobs with minimal operational requirements, while you advocate for authoritarianism to secure the financial and social viability of yourself and your posterity, which also externalizes and justifies your chronic state of pain and learned helplessness.

Alternatively, you justify your work with the pursuit of wealth or a better future.
This may be true for many people, but things don't have to be so hopeless, especially for those of us "in the know." We can live in vastly different realities, insofar as our health informs our state of being. Beyond that, you have to be responsible and take ownership of your own existential angst.

DaveFoster

This may be true for many people, but things don't have to be so hopeless, especially for those of us "in the know." We can live in vastly different realities, insofar as our health informs our state of being. Beyond that, you have to be responsible and take ownership of your own existential angst.
As time goes on, I'm finding increasingly fewer qualms with reality.

It's better to be tranquilized, and I completely understand the retreat into idealism, nihilism, or absurdism and ignorance of the news media and current culture.

"Shall I kill myself or have another cup of coffee."

Last edited:
OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

seriously, what are we going to do when most people get autism and cancer and Alzheimers ?

or is peat actually wrong ? and you can get by on pufa and grains and actually be okay, it's definitely possible.

A single high pufa meal makes me feel like I'm about to vomit. I don't know how people do it. It's so sad when people speak about when they feel shitty after eating, they think it's because they "ate too much" or "ate too fast". Most people will never even think about the idea that vegetable oil doesn't belong in the human body.

yerrag

+1

They slowly become zombies as well. If they die young, they are blessed. When they get old, they are on cocktails of drugs. Do they feel lucky this cocktail is all provided at no cost by health insurance?

Travis

I don't think this would be so bad without the canola oil.

yerrag

I don't think this would be so bad without the canola oil.

You made me think on this one Travis. Farm-raised salmon, is it better than wild if it has no more omega-3. What is its fat content then, omega-6? I've read before that farm-raised fish are fed pretty bad stuff just to make them grow fast. I've heard before that these feeds have lots of PCB. What about toxic ingredients like heavy metals?

As for brown rice, I think it's good rather than bad. I went from brown rice to white rice 8 months ago. I went from a size 28 to a size 30 waist. I have love handles now. I now think the fiber in brown rice is not really that much, and wouldn't be so significant in producing endotoxins.

you adopt cultural health advice and navigate your diet toward low-fat foods

Fruit, orange juice, low fat milk, mushrooms, carrots, bamboo shoots, shellfish, oxtail soup are low fat foods...

and an egg or two per day can still be low fat overall.

"Ray Peat - The details vary slightly according to what's available. Daily, milk, fruit (mainly orange juice), eggs, butter, cheese, and coffee. As available, liver, shrimp, squid, oysters, cod, sole, ox-tail soup, chicharrones (puffed pork rind), sapotas, pawpaws, cherimoyas, guanabanas, guavas, carrots, bamboo shoots, small turnips, corundas."

The majority of the public does not eat "low fat."

Travis

You made me think on this one Travis. Farm-raised salmon, is it better than wild if it has no more omega-3. What is its fat content then, omega-6? I've read before that farm-raised fish are fed pretty bad stuff just to make them grow fast. I've heard before that these feeds have lots of PCB. What about toxic ingredients like heavy metals?

As for brown rice, I think it's good rather than bad. I went from brown rice to white rice 8 months ago. I went from a size 28 to a size 30 waist. I have love handles now. I now think the fiber in brown rice is not really that much, and wouldn't be so significant in producing endotoxins.
That's a good point. Perhaps farm‐fed fish are given ω−6 fatty acids.

As far as I can tell eating the above wouldn't have any immunogenic proteins, but the canola oil would be a real killer. Exchange the fish for lamb, the brown rice for black rice, and the canola oil for coconut oil and you'd have a somewhat decent diet (if they'd eat enough raw vegetables for vitamin C and minerals).

yerrag

That's a good point. Perhaps farm‐fed fish are given ω−6 fatty acids.

As far as I can tell eating the above wouldn't have any immunogenic proteins, but the canola oil would be a real killer. Exchange the fish for lamb, the brown rice for black rice, and the canola oil for coconut oil and you'd have a somewhat decent diet (if they'd eat enough raw vegetables for vitamin C and minerals).
If lambs are like goats, they're more likely to feed on grass than on grains, so it's a good choice of meat. What's more special with black rice over brown rice?

Constatine

Health isn't just about what people do wrong. Plenty of nutrients and some exercise-lifestyle partially nullifies a poor diet. Nutritional deficiencies are far more harmful than pufas and grains. The health of the modern world is likely to continually decline but not at such a dramatic rate. I think the current younger generations declined so fast due to dramatic lifestyle changes with people suddenly spending most of the day indoors sitting, sudden introduction of processed foods, lack of sun exposure, pufa, ect. Now that we are here I doubt we will decline at such a constant rate.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I think environment and lifestyle beyond diet helps keep some people going fairly well even when they don't eat great. Things like strong family ties, close friends, a rewarding occupation and spiritual connection all seem to have a huge positive impact.

Constatine

I think environment and lifestyle beyond diet helps keep some people going fairly well even when they don't eat great. Things like strong family ties, close friends, a rewarding occupation and spiritual connection all seem to have a huge positive impact.
For sure. Though healthy people are more likely to have these things due to their health as well. I know I am much more spiritual, social, and successful when I am healthy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals