How Androgenic Is Exemestane?

Cameron

Aromasin is much stronger than arimidex but by far better tolerated it seems so androgenic action makes since

OP
T

TheBeard

Now you know one of the secrets of medicine - treat women with an androgen without telling them it is, and this way nobody will discover that androgens are actually good for us.

The 17-OH metabolite of exemestane is just 6-methylene-boldenone. You can Google for "boldenone" for more info, but it is basically an anabolic steroid with less androgenicity than testosterone. However, the in the case of exemestane, the addition of the 6-methylene group seems to potentiate the androgenic effects and if you look at the study you linked to you will see that the 17-OH metabolite of exemestane is somewhere in between T and DHT in terms of androgenicity, which means quite androgenic. About 40% of an ingested dose of exemestane converts into the 17-OH metabolite, so by taking 25mg you get about 10mg of a highly androgenic AND anabolic steroid, with a half life of 24 hours, which also happens to powerfully inhibit aromatase. I would say it is probably similar or slightly weaker than Proviron in terms of androgenicity but is much more anabolic and better at lowering estrogen. This may explain why people taking it lose fat and gain muscle even without training.
Exemestane makes you slimmer and more muscular

I think exemestane is pretty good, and its safety can be improved by using doses no more than 10mg a day (beyound which there is no further decrease in estrogen) and combining with pregnenolone/DHEA. I would prefer it to Proviron. From the commercial steroids, exemestane and drostanolone would be my top choices, but I would always combine with precursors like pregnenolone/DHEA.

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

The fact that it is almost as androgenic as Proviron but most of all non suppressive makes me want to try it. I was thinking about doing Proviron @50mg a day but don't want to risk suppression

Cameron

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

The fact that it is almost as androgenic as Proviron but most of all non suppressive makes me want to try it. I was thinking about doing Proviron @50mg a day but don't want to risk suppression
Aromasin seems like a great idea then some see supression from 25mgs proviron even though studies didn't show it seems testicular shrinkage is possible and there is some impact on hpta

OP
T

TheBeard

I have just ordered Aromasin and Proviron, both the brand names from Pfizer and Bayer so that I know I get the real deal, you never know with UGL.

I want to do an experiment with each of them individually to see how they affect my DHT levels.

Basal DHT level: 47ng/dl (20-80)

I don't know yet how long I will run each of them before drawing DHT again, but I think 2 weeks for each compound should be enough to reach stable DHT levels.

My hope is that after an initial boost of DHT, the positive feedback loop will be "on" and my DHT levels will be permanently higher than my current levels.

@haidut is that a realistic expectation? Or am I mistaken in the way the DHT positive feedback loop works?

Cameron

I have just ordered Aromasin and Proviron, both the brand names from Pfizer and Bayer so that I know I get the real deal, you never know with UGL.

I want to do an experiment with each of them individually to see how they affect my DHT levels.

Basal DHT level: 47ng/dl (20-80)

I don't know yet how long I will run each of them before drawing DHT again, but I think 2 weeks for each compound should be enough to reach stable DHT levels.

My hope is that after an initial boost of DHT, the positive feedback loop will be "on" and my DHT levels will be permanently higher than my current levels.

@haidut is that a realistic expectation? Or am I mistaken in the way the DHT positive feedback loop works?
Excited to see you blood work! Seems like a good plan as both are in reality safe in appropriate dose

OP
T

TheBeard

The plan is 25mg Aromasin EOD.

Then Proviron 50mg/day split in two doses.

I’ll also measure testosterone before after to see if Proviron causes any suppression at that dose

Andman

I’ll also measure testosterone before after to see if Proviron causes any suppression at that dose

cool, thanks for the effort!

haidut

Forum Supporter

I think 12.5mg ED would probably be less risky even though in theory it should be the same as 25mg EOD. The 25mg dose may cause too high o estrogen suppression and in higher doses the androgenic metabolites of aromasin may start to cause some negative feedback. Some people with very high estrogen do 25mg ED and then drop to 12.5mg or even 5mg-6mg ED after the first week.

Tbone107

Does anyone have a good source for quality exemestane they would be willing to share?

PATB

Now you know one of the secrets of medicine - treat women with an androgen without telling them it is, and this way nobody will discover that androgens are actually good for us.

The 17-OH metabolite of exemestane is just 6-methylene-boldenone. You can Google for "boldenone" for more info, but it is basically an anabolic steroid with less androgenicity than testosterone. However, the in the case of exemestane, the addition of the 6-methylene group seems to potentiate the androgenic effects and if you look at the study you linked to you will see that the 17-OH metabolite of exemestane is somewhere in between T and DHT in terms of androgenicity, which means quite androgenic. About 40% of an ingested dose of exemestane converts into the 17-OH metabolite, so by taking 25mg you get about 10mg of a highly androgenic AND anabolic steroid, with a half life of 24 hours, which also happens to powerfully inhibit aromatase. I would say it is probably similar or slightly weaker than Proviron in terms of androgenicity but is much more anabolic and better at lowering estrogen. This may explain why people taking it lose fat and gain muscle even without training.
Exemestane makes you slimmer and more muscular

I think exemestane is pretty good, and its safety can be improved by using doses no more than 10mg a day (beyound which there is no further decrease in estrogen) and combining with pregnenolone/DHEA. I would prefer it to Proviron. From the commercial steroids, exemestane and drostanolone would be my top choices, but I would always combine with precursors like pregnenolone/DHEA.
Hi Haidut, I like your posts; I have been reading them for a while.
I am talking exemestane, like 5-10mg every 2-3 days. Do you think this will have potential to suppress endogenous T production if I get off of it?

Can you check my thread too, where I go into more detail about my situation: Tips For Recovery From Test-booster/prohormone // Male Hypogonadism

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mauritio

Why would it suppress your Testosterone?

PATB

Why would it suppress your Testosterone?
I am wary of anything that raises testosterone or is androgenic, in which if it increases T while taking it, then T may be reduced (to below baseline) after cessation. Similarly, something that lowers estrogen could, after cessation, cause above-baseline estrogen levels.

Do you think it's better to taper off than quit cold turkey from this?

Mauritio

I think it would not go below baseline level.
You could replace it with androsterone which also inhibits estrogen quite potently or simply raise other more "normal" aromatase inhibitors like aspirin , Vitamins ADEK , pregnenolone , progesterone,...

Jing

Anyone who has taken exemestane does it help flaccid penis hang better due to less estrogen?

Mauritio

Guys be cautious for exemestane raising prolactin or other pituitary hormones. I guess this is what happend to be . Take DHT with it or dont take it. Androsterone did not keep those symptoms at bay(low dose 1-2mg)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals