How am I supposed to heal gut?

TypicalJock

So I am trying to start a peaty diet but I can not drink milk(not due to lactose intolerance)rather an unhealthy gut
what are the things I am supposed to do to heal gut so I can tolerate milk and start peating?

Vileplume

So I am trying to start a peaty diet but I can not drink milk(not due to lactose intolerance)rather an unhealthy gut
what are the things I am supposed to do to heal gut so I can tolerate milk and start peating?
Have you tried all forms of dairy? Raw milk, goat milk, A2 milk, sheep cheese (manchego and pecorino Romano).

Any fruits that are well-tolerated?

OP
TypicalJock

TypicalJock

Have you tried all forms of dairy? Raw milk, goat milk, A2 milk, sheep cheese (manchego and pecorino Romano).

Any fruits that are well-tolerated?
yes I have (I can eat cheese normally tho)
milk is just my issue
I really need to fix it
orange juice seems to work well for me

Vileplume

yes I have (I can eat cheese normally tho)
milk is just my issue
I really need to fix it
orange juice seems to work well for me
What are your temps and pulse? Orange juice and cheese are a decent basis, upon which you can add other proteins and carbs that you tolerate well. Maybe over time, as your temp increases and certain enzymes function more fully along with this, you can integrate milk back in.

Have you tried gelatin? That has helped people heal their guts, and it’s an anti-inflammatory protein.

OP
TypicalJock

TypicalJock

What are your temps and pulse? Orange juice and cheese are a decent basis, upon which you can add other proteins and carbs that you tolerate well. Maybe over time, as your temp increases and certain enzymes function more fully along with this, you can integrate milk back in.

Have you tried gelatin? That has helped people heal their guts, and it’s an anti-inflammatory protein.
temp and pulse idk but my hands and overall body are cold as ****
so probably horrible
I need to look into gelatin then if it helps heal gut
what form should it be in?

Vileplume

temp and pulse idk but my hands and overall body are cold as ****
so probably horrible
I need to look into gelatin then if it helps heal gut
what form should it be in?
Over time, with enough protein, sugar from fruit, sunlight, and other things Peat recommends, your temp will increase and things will get better. It would help to begin tracking your temperature and pulse. Buying a thermometer helped me a lot to track my healing, noticing which meals lowered my temperature, etc.

I use the big tub of “NOW” foods gelatin, here: Amazon product ASIN B00CICIP6O
I stir about 8 tbsp into a medium glass dish, stirred into boiled water, then add lots of maple syrup and let it solidify in the fridge into jello. Then I eat about 10g with every meal.

OP
TypicalJock

TypicalJock

Over time, with enough protein, sugar from fruit, sunlight, and other things Peat recommends, your temp will increase and things will get better. It would help to begin tracking your temperature and pulse. Buying a thermometer helped me a lot to track my healing, noticing which meals lowered my temperature, etc.

I stir about 8 tbsp into a medium glass dish, stirred into boiled water, then add lots of maple syrup and let it solidify in the fridge into jello. Then I eat about 10g with every meal.
I see
thing is I am also struggling with making a food plan out of the information tbh

Vileplume

I see
thing is I am also struggling with making a food plan out of the information tbh
The way I think about it is, sugar from low-starch fruit (tropical fruit ideally) and protein are the most important parts.

So you can eat however many meals you like, but try to balance each meal with:
-tropical fruit (citrus, papaya, pineapple)
-juice from above fruits
-gelatin
-some form of dairy
-another protein if you want

^that’s my meal template. I also drink coffee throughout the day.

If you notice energy dips throughout the day, you could also try eating fruit and sipping slowly on juice between meals, to keep blood sugar stable.

OP
TypicalJock

TypicalJock

The way I think about it is, sugar from low-starch fruit (tropical fruit ideally) and protein are the most important parts.

So you can eat however many meals you like, but try to balance each meal with:
-tropical fruit (citrus, papaya, pineapple)
-juice from above fruits
-gelatin
-some form of dairy
-another protein if you want

^that’s my meal template. I also drink coffee throughout the day.

If you notice energy dips throughout the day, you could also try eating fruit and sipping slowly on juice between meals, to keep blood sugar stable.
Thank you that was helpful,

retroactive

avoiding irritants and allergens, eating glycine, everything that is anti-inflammatory and pro-metabolic can over time support healing

taralynne

I have worked on gut health on & off for over 20 years & nothing has ever had any lasting impact. I wonder if really stepping up the gelatin would help? I'd like to try this... do you know about how much boiling water & maple syrup you add to the 8 tbsp of gelatin?

Vileplume

@taralynne

I've read accounts of people who healed their gut with gelatin, but I'm still in the process of healing my gut. During summer last year I started getting hot flashes, which I thought might come from high histamine, so I cut out the powdered gelatin. I don't eat it anymore, but I have thought about getting back into it, because Dr. Peat wrote about how gelatin also helped him sleep, and sleep's been troublesome for me lately.

I always tried to make the jello a 1:1 ratio of sugar to protein, so in a batch I did roughly:

-3 or 4 cups boiling water
-8 tbsp powdered gelatin (72 grams protein)
-6 tbsp maple syrup (78 grams sugar)

taralynne

@taralynne

I've read accounts of people who healed their gut with gelatin, but I'm still in the process of healing my gut. During summer last year I started getting hot flashes, which I thought might come from high histamine, so I cut out the powdered gelatin. I don't eat it anymore, but I have thought about getting back into it, because Dr. Peat wrote about how gelatin also helped him sleep, and sleep's been troublesome for me lately.

I always tried to make the jello a 1:1 ratio of sugar to protein, so in a batch I did roughly:

-3 or 4 cups boiling water
-8 tbsp powdered gelatin (72 grams protein)
-6 tbsp maple syrup (78 grams sugar)
Thank you for the measurements. I typically have a couple tablespoons of gelatin daily but I will make your recipe & see if having some with every meal will help. I feel like healing the gut is an elusive thing. Sometimes it seems like something is helping until it doesn't anymore. I hope you get your sleep figured out.

aliml

Camel's milk can be considered an option for the individuals intolerant to lactose who present symptoms when ingesting cow's milk.

Camel milk contains T4 and T3 hormones and may support thyroid hormone levels.

taralynne

Camel's milk can be considered an option for the individuals intolerant to lactose who present symptoms when ingesting cow's milk.

Camel milk contains T4 and T3 hormones and may support thyroid hormone levels.

I have read good things about camel milk and haven't wanted to try it for awhile to see if it might help but it is just too cost prohibitive unfortunately. Curious though, if you have tried it & if so, have you noticed any benefits?