Horrible reaction to milk

milk_lover

I find UHT organic milk with no added vitamins and preservatives to be tolerable to most people especially if you make ice latte with it (espresso-like shot from aeropress).

wholehealth

So I have been drinking milk for around 2 months somewhat consistently daily around 0.25 to 0.5 liters per day
And my reaction to milk is not good at all
acne breakouts(a lot actually which makes it even worse since I already have a lot of acne)
bad loose stool
a little bit of stomach aches
what can I do to stop getting these bad reactions to milk?
very frustrated
I had horrible reactions to milk even after taking antibiotics. I finally switched to whole milk with no additives. Fat free versions of milk are always going to have synthetic vitamins added back in. I was buying fat free milk with vitamin D3 added which I believe to be the cause of my gut inflammation/irritation and inflamed acne not milk itself. It was hard to get over the extra fat being added to my diet but soo worth it! It tastes way better and I no longer react negatively. Maple Hill is the brand I buy

So I have been drinking milk for around 2 months somewhat consistently daily around 0.25 to 0.5 liters per day
And my reaction to milk is not good at all
acne breakouts(a lot actually which makes it even worse since I already have a lot of acne)
bad loose stool
a little bit of stomach aches
what can I do to stop getting these bad reactions to milk?
very frustrated
TypicalJock you should read this article on vitamin A palmitate that is added to reduce fat dairy and how it causes acne and many more issues.

OP
TypicalJock

TypicalJock

TypicalJock you should read this article on vitamin A palmitate that is added to reduce fat dairy and how it causes acne and many more issues.

I drink regular fat milk(never tried low fat milk so thats not my issue)
my issue seems to be leaky gut and cant handle proteins in milk
still trying to fix it

Apple

I drink regular fat milk(never tried low fat milk so thats not my issue)
my issue seems to be leaky gut and cant handle proteins in milk
still trying to fix it
It is all about bacteria and lack of enzymes in the beginning.
I think this RP quote is relevant here. "It takes a few days for the intestine to change its rhythm of peristalsis, and a couple of weeks for the enzymes to adjust to a change of foods. A daily raw carrot helps it to adjust."
In my opinion , 200 ml of milk is nothing. You need about 2 quarts of milk daily so lactose starts reaching colon in sufficient amount to have a proper effect on bacterial composition.

Last edited:
OP
TypicalJock

TypicalJock

It is all about bacteria and lack of enzymes in the beginning.
I think this RP quote is relevant here. "It takes a few days for the intestine to change its rhythm of peristalsis, and a couple of weeks for the enzymes to adjust to a change of foods. A daily raw carrot helps it to adjust."
In my opinion , 200 ml of milk is nothing. You need about 2 quarts of milk daily so lactose starts reaching colon in sufficient amount to have a proper effect on bacterial composition.
2 quarts?
that sounds like a recipe for disaster

Dr. B

Milk and milk products can create two problems. First: lactose intolerance, second: casein allergy. Lactose intolerance often starts with more than 200 ml of milk consumed. To avoid allergic reaction one can try goat milk, it has a different type of casein than cow's milk and thus does not cause allergy.

is that just A2 casein? so if you get an A2 jersey or guernsey cow milk it should be fine?

Dr. B

I had horrible reactions to milk even after taking antibiotics. I finally switched to whole milk with no additives. Fat free versions of milk are always going to have synthetic vitamins added back in. I was buying fat free milk with vitamin D3 added which I believe to be the cause of my gut inflammation/irritation and inflamed acne not milk itself. It was hard to get over the extra fat being added to my diet but soo worth it! It tastes way better and I no longer react negatively. Maple Hill is the brand I buy

maple hill has no added vitamins? its ultra pasteurized stuff right?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals