Hormones Lab Tests, Is Noradrenaline Highly Estrogenic?

GutFeeling

A few months ago I tested thyroid, testosterone (650) and prolactin, (18.7, upper reference is 17.9) tsh upper than 2, I forgot the others...
Glucose 93 and vitamin D 150 (upper reference is 100)

Now my prolactin has reduced alot and my thyroid is better yet lower testosterone and high estradiol, a kinda strange fact. I'm taking some noradrenergic drugs (bupropion , methylphenidate and mirtazapine) so this may be the reason, apparently there are only a few studies on this subject. Mirtazapine is very potent at reducing cortisol, causing around 30|50% reduction in humans, this probably explain the drop on prolactin and glucose.

After seeing the results I ordered exemestane ASAP (5mg). Wish to do a more complete test with DHT and cortisol included but it may take more than a month thanks to coronavirus...
I wonder why my urea and triglycerides are so low... My main problem is heavy anxiety

Despite being in Portuguese the names are quite similar. Feel utterly free to ask me anything

IMG-20200320-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20200320-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20200320-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20200320-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20200320-WA0005.jpg

IMG_20200327_194546.jpg

Last edited:

redsun

A few months ago I tested thyroid, testosterone (650) and prolactin, (18.7, upper reference is 17.9) tsh upper than 2, I forgot the others...
Glucose 93 and vitamin D 150 (upper reference is 100)

Now my prolactin has reduced alot and my thyroid is better yet lower testosterone and high estradiol, a kinda strange fact. I'm taking some noradrenergic drugs (bupropion , methylphenidate and mirtazapine) so this may be the reason, apparently there are only a few studies on this subject. Mirtazapine is very potent at reducing cortisol, causing around 30|50% reduction in humans, this probably explain the drop on prolactin and glucose.

After seeing the results I ordered exemestane ASAP (5mg). Wish to do a more complete test with DHT and cortisol included but it may take more than a month thanks to coronavirus...
I wonder why my urea and triglycerides are so low... My main problem is heavy anxiety

Despite being in Portuguese the names are quite similar. Feel utterly free to ask me anything

View attachment 17178 View attachment 17179 View attachment 17180 View attachment 17182 View attachment 17183 View attachment 17184

Methylphenidate works on dopamine and noradrenaline. So does bupropion but its mostly noradrenaline. You are telling me you are taking both?

You shouldnt reduce estrogen with another drug. The DNRI inhibitors are likely responsible, they raise metabolic rate via ramping up the sympathetic nervous system. You are going to **** yourself up if you reduce estrogen. Its up for a reason. Likely if you were to get off the drugs it would go down again (not saying to get off but they rise because of the drugs) but prolactin would of course rise because dopamine would drop without the DNRIs. Higher estrogen is not a mistake especially when you are taking some serious drugs.

Anxiety is caused by the drugs of course. Especially bupropion because it works strongly on noradrenaline. Not much can be done of that.

Last edited:
OP
GutFeeling

GutFeeling

Thanks. In one study methylphenidate, caffeine and metamphetamine caused a strong increase in 5ar . Maybe dopamine is protective against the 5ar downregulation? Diazepam increased too but benzos that increase steroids are usually mithocondrial toxins.
Screenshot_2020-03-27-19-55-15-545_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite.jpg

Attachments

• 26_345 (3).pdf
    835.5 KB · Views: 0
OP
GutFeeling

GutFeeling

Methylphenidate works on dopamine and noradrenaline. So does bupropion but its mostly noradrenaline. You are telling me you are taking both?

You shouldnt reduce estrogen with another drug. The DNRI inhibitors are likely responsible, they raise metabolic rate via ramping up the sympathetic nervous system. You are going to **** yourself up if you reduce estrogen. Its up for a reason. Likely if you were to get off the drugs it would go down again (not saying to get off but they rise because of the drugs) but prolactin would of course rise because dopamine would drop without the DNRIs. Higher estrogen is not a mistake especially when you are taking some serious drugs.

Anxiety is caused by the drugs of course. Especially bupropion because it works strongly on noradrenaline. Not much can be done of that.

Yeah, also mirtazapine does the same... But aromatase inhibitors can prevent seizures so I suspect that it is actually increasing the excitotoxic burden. For some reason of studies don't show lower prolactin with methylphenidate and bupropion I don't have the minimal idea of the reason for that...

I was scared of much noradrenaline but my psychiatrist apparently don't think this is an issue but I think bupropion play a big role on it but not total, it helps my cognition and is a good antidepressant so I can't get out of him

You know some thing that may be helpful in my case? Im using some propranolol but the reduction of anxiety is quite mild/weak. I'm relying on Clonazepam wich is a hellish drug :sweat:

redsun

Yeah, also mirtazapine does the same... But aromatase inhibitors can prevent seizures so I suspect that it is actually increasing the excitotoxic burden. For some reason of studies don't show lower prolactin with methylphenidate and bupropion I don't have the minimal idea of the reason for that...

I was scared of much noradrenaline but my psychiatrist apparently don't think this is an issue but I think bupropion play a big role on it but not total, it helps my cognition and is a good antidepressant so I can't get out of him

You know some thing that may be helpful in my case? Im using some propranolol but the reduction of anxiety is quite mild/weak. I'm relying on Clonazepam wich is a hellish drug :sweat:

Should have way less anxiety if you just stick with one medication, methylphenidate. Noradrenaline will heighten all emotions especially increase fear/anxiety and anger and bupropion does this extremely well. MPH has a lot of dopamine reuptake inhibition to balance it out.

Zinc may also help reduce noradrenaline and reduce anxiety but I dont think it'll do much if you still take so many things that raise noradrenaline's effects through reuptake inhibition. Stick to one (MPH) and look for natural means of improving cognition and ADHD/ADD (I assume thats why you were given them).

Increased choline and B-vitamin (especially B6) intake can greatly help cognition. Trying to get a good amount of iron from red meat as well as zinc, copper, and manganese (pineapple) from food will signficantly help as well. And trust me it does work for cognition if you eat more nutrient dense foods and you focus on the nutrients I specified.

Last edited:
OP
GutFeeling

GutFeeling

Should have way less anxiety if you just stick with one medication, methylphenidate. Noradrenaline will heighten all emotions especially increase fear/anxiety and anger and bupropion does this extremely well. MPH has a lot of dopamine inhibition to balance it out.

Zinc may also help reduce noradrenaline and reduce anxiety but I dont think it'll do much if you still take so many things that raise noradrenaline's effects through reuptake inhibition. Stick to one (MPH) and look for natural means of improving cognition and ADHD/ADD (I assume thats why you were given them).

Increased choline and B-vitamin (especially B6) intake can greatly help cognition. Trying to get a good amount of iron from red meat as well as zinc, copper, and manganese (pineapple) from food will signficantly help as well. And trust me it does work for cognition if you eat more nutrient dense foods and you focus on the nutrients I specified.
Thanks a lot!
I will supplement zinc, magnesium and b complex. Liver for the copper an cocoa for the manganese, both are very dense in nutrients... I remember feeling less anxious when I was eating lots of eggs and liver

redsun

Thanks a lot!
I will supplement zinc, magnesium and b complex. Liver for the copper an cocoa for the manganese, both are very dense in nutrients... I remember feeling less anxious when I was eating lots of eggs and liver

If you do that and eventually minimize how many drugs you take that would be the best option. Especially the choline in eggs and liver will help make more acetylcholine which opposes noradrenaline.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals