Hormonal Treatment For Advanced Prostate And Breast Cancer

marciomega

Hello all,

I´m new to this forum .I ´ve already read something about ray peat´s work but never dived deep into it. I´ve been researching on alternative cancer treatments for the last 4 years, since my mother and father have advanced prostate and breast cancers. I´ve be focusing lately on hormonal treatment for both, though I have covered dozens of other alternative treatments also. From plants like graviola to aloe arborecens, suplements like phosphoethanolamine, poly mva, curcumin , repurpused drugs, metabolic treatments and so on. Recently we took a chance on implanting Testosterone+Aromatase inhibitors pellets for my mom, and I studying the risks involved in trying testosterone for my father also.
I´d like to exchange ideas , experiences and studies , so that I can take the best decisions for them and perhaps help others in the same situation.
Is there anybody who can comment on this?

Obi-wan

Testosterone fuels prostate cancer. If it is advanced he needs to be put on androgen depravation therapy asap

OP
marciomega

marciomega

BAT- bipolar androgen therapy is already in clinical trials. The paradigma that texto fuels prostate câncer has been changed in the last decade

Effect of bipolar androgen therapy for asymptomatic men with castration-resistant prostate cancer: Results from a pilot clinical study

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/pros.22504

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanonc/article/PIIS1470-2045(17)30907-5/fulltext?code=lancet-site

From bench to bedside: bipolar androgen therapy in a pilot clinical study

Not to mention other prostate câncer models that have been offered , like Edward Friedman´s Receptor´s model .

Articles on this subject can be easily goggled by anyone interested.

vulture

I think main problem with testosterone might be aromatization.
There is a study on veins impairment where prostate was receiving abnormaly high androgen supply, specially Free-T (as surgeons stated) and correcting it reversed BPH. Would be a good idea to asses how veins are working. Look: https://www.google.com/search?q=gat+gorem+varicoceles&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab
They also said that exogenous T didn't impact significantly on the BPH because the abnormal androgen quantities that the prostate was receiving where dozens of times higher than the quantity it would receive by exogenous T.
If I had a bunch of rats with prostate cancer I would try Mesterolone to see what happens. There are no studies on it, but there are studies that shows that Mesterolone have improved LUTS (Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms) on elderly males. I haven't seen anything that, in vivo, demonstrates that DHT or Mesterolone had a negative impact on prostate health

Obi-wan

My PSA hit 13,000, Firmagon saved my life...LH makes a testosterone pool, FSH converts it to estrogen. DHT causes proliferation in a cancer cell due to Polyamines...Firmagon stops LH and FSH.

OP
marciomega

marciomega

Obi wan, my father is currently on firmagon and abiraterone. He first tried firmagon when his os was 1200. PSA lowered to 500 then started climbing again after only 2 months. The he entered abiraterone and his psa dropped to 230. Abiraterone not only knocks out any androgen made in adrenals but also glucorticoids , making a general mess in the body. His quality of life is terrible now, anemy, depression, fatigue and so on ....and it gets worse each day despite a falling psa level. I´m afraid the treatment might killl him instead of cancer...

Obi-wan

Obi wan, my father is currently on firmagon and abiraterone. He first tried firmagon when his os was 1200. PSA lowered to 500 then started climbing again after only 2 months. The he entered abiraterone and his psa dropped to 230. Abiraterone not only knocks out any androgen made in adrenals but also glucorticoids , making a general mess in the body. His quality of life is terrible now, anemy, depression, fatigue and so on ....and it gets worse each day despite a falling psa level. I´m afraid the treatment might killl him instead of cancer...

I am on Xtandi also (might be better than abiraterone), look into it. Plus you must read Ted From Bangkok's Treatment Killing Cancer Cells Using Their Electricity, DMSO, Methylene Blue

LCohen

Testosterone fuels prostate cancer. If it is advanced he needs to be put on androgen depravation therapy asap

Yes, easily aromatizable androgens fuels prostate cancer via estrogen.

Non-aromatizable androgens (Yes, DHT) treats it.

Obi-wan

Yes, easily aromatizable androgens fuels prostate cancer via estrogen.

Non-aromatizable androgens (Yes, DHT) treats it.

But DHT creates prostaglandin E2 which creates Polyamines which create proliferation. The prostate is already a polyamine rich organ...

lampofred

I read a thread on here a few weeks or months ago saying daily aspirin drastically lowered PSA. Daily coffee consumption also dose-dependently lowers prostate cancer risk by 3% or something per cup consumed. Another study on here states prostate cancer cannot progress in the absence of PUFA. I think the efficacy of high dose aspirin and coffee consumption proves that excessive estrogen relative to progesterone is the cause of prostate cancer, not excessive androgens. Peat's article on prostate cancer: Prostate Cancer

Obi-wan

I read a thread on here a few weeks or months ago saying daily aspirin drastically lowered PSA. Daily coffee consumption also dose-dependently lowers prostate cancer risk by 3% or something per cup consumed. Another study on here states prostate cancer cannot progress in the absence of PUFA. I think the efficacy of high dose aspirin and coffee consumption proves that excessive estrogen relative to progesterone is the cause of prostate cancer, not excessive androgens. Peat's article on prostate cancer: Prostate Cancer
Androgens are great until you have prostate cancer...I got off of Firmagon last year and did high Progesterone. PSA went sky high again. Think Polyamines...

Last edited:

lampofred

Androgens are great until you have prostate cancer...

Well, regardless of whether androgens or estrogens cause prostate cancer since we can't say anything with 100% certainty, the best course of action I think would be to avoid messing with either androgens or estrogens and instead just supplement massive amounts of pregnenolone and progesterone.

Obi-wan

Well, regardless of whether androgens or estrogens cause prostate cancer since we can't say anything with 100% certainty, the best course of action I think would be to avoid messing with either androgens or estrogens and instead just supplement massive amounts of pregnenolone and progesterone.

And low PUFA and NO cell phone in your pocket...

Obi-wan

Xtandi acts in the androgen receptor and don´t mess with the adrenals hormones but may have some important side effects...are you doing ok?
Yes, take it before bed every night. It makes you tired. Minimal side effects

OP
marciomega

marciomega

I think Edward Friedman´s model kind of is aligned with Peat´s thoughts....

http://math.uchicago.edu/~ed/prostate.html

Obi-wan

vulture

But DHT creates prostaglandin E2 which creates Polyamines which create proliferation. The prostate is already a polyamine rich organ...
Obi, I admire your research and I follow it, there's nothing personal, but as long as I know there's no study on cancer in vivo and DHT. There's no way for us to know if "DHT causes proliferation in a cancer cell due to Polyamines..." ... in vivo

Obi-wan

Obi, I admire your research and I follow it, there's nothing personal, but as long as I know there's no study on cancer in vivo and DHT. There's no way for us to know if "DHT causes proliferation in a cancer cell due to Polyamines..." ... in vivo
Maybe @Travis can tell us...