Hormonal role in cellulite

Hayley

Every time Ive been pregnant cellulite has increased quite a bit within the first couple of weeks, before I even gain weight.

This indicates the appearance of cellulite is due to hormones and not simply the structure of the connective tissue under the skin as many people claim. Does anyone have any ideas what hormones are causing the change and how they might be doing it?

Lizb

Every time Ive been pregnant cellulite has increased quite a bit within the first couple of weeks, before I even gain weight.

This indicates the appearance of cellulite is due to hormones and not simply the structure of the connective tissue under the skin as many people claim. Does anyone have any ideas what hormones are causing the change and how they might be doing it?
I'm pretty sure I heard Ray say to use progesterone topically for cellulite. In pregnancy however I have no idea.

OP
Hayley

Hayley

Since he’s recommending topical progesterone, do you think that means Ray thinks cellulite is caused by excess estrogen in the tissue?

LUH 3417

Since he’s recommending topical progesterone, do you think that means Ray thinks cellulite is caused by excess estrogen in the tissue?
I thought he said recently progesterone does nothing when applied topically?!

LUH 3417

Oh I didn’t know that. In that podcast linked above he says you should apply it topically to cellulite.
Maybe it was another brand he was referring to but there was a show recently where someone called in asking why they got such bad symptoms from progesterone cream and ray said something like they weren’t absorbing any progesterone if they were using a progesterone cream on their legs so it couldn’t be bad symptoms from progesterone, I’ll try to find it

Neeters 27

when my periods stopped at menopause, I started getting cellulite, and really fast. I was heartbroken. I also felt dreadfull and exhausted and cold. turns out I had low thyroid. after about 5 or 6 months of being on a good dose of Erfa ndt thyroid, it all disappeared...I say it is thyroid related. when your thyroid is low, progesterone can help a bit, and when pregnant, youre full of progesterone, but no amount of progesterone will pick up a really slugglish thyroid! that's what I think. its definitely all hormone related.

LUH 3417

when my periods stopped at menopause, I started getting cellulite, and really fast. I was heartbroken. I also felt dreadfull and exhausted and cold. turns out I had low thyroid. after about 5 or 6 months of being on a good dose of Erfa ndt thyroid, it all disappeared...I say it is thyroid related. when your thyroid is low, progesterone can help a bit, and when pregnant, youre full of progesterone, but no amount of progesterone will pick up a really slugglish thyroid! that's what I think. its definitely all hormone related.
How much thyroid do you take? Also did you change your diet at all?

Mauritio

Carboxytherapy has a few studies showing benefits for cellulite.

Neeters 27

How much thyroid do you take? Also did you change your diet at all?
it seems to fluctuate which my doc says is normal, ie more in winter, less in summer. I am on 3 grains or 3 x 60mgs pills a day. I was on 125 mgs last summer, had to increase in December, will have bloodwork again in June, my tsh is always below .3, my t4 is low normal which happens from taking ndt, and my t3 is mid-range.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals