Honey Headache

Hgreen56

I don't know what's going on, but if you want wild speculation, here're a couple of ideas.

Is it just the honey and apple sauce that gets you, or do other sugars give you similar effects at the moment - eg sucrose, fruit, etc?
If it's just the honey and the applesauce, consider the possibility of an allergy to something the bees were supping on? Have you tried different sources of honey? Different apple sauce?

Have you assessed overall nutrition - could the high honey have exceeded the potassium, magnesium etc available to help metabolise it?

If I overdo the sugar - ie keep eating too much more sugar or higher density sugar when my body doesn't really feel like it, I sometimes get a headache and sick feeling. I assume this means I've filled my glycogen as far as I currently can, and then pushed my blood sugar too high for what it can currently deal with. Sometimes drinking more water, maybe with Mg bicarb in it, or green tea or similar in this situation helps me deal with it. If this is the issue, I guess whatever helps metabolise the sugar might help, like black unsweetened coffee if that agrees with you, or B-vits, or salt, etc.
How do you know this? or is this just a a guess?
i never heart that when glycogen is full its cause headache/migraine.

tara

How do you know this? or is this just a a guess?
i never heart that when glycogen is full its cause headache/migraine.
As I said, speculation.
I think migraineurs can be more sensitive than average to various imbalances; we don't all have the same triggers. I've heard some can react badly to excess sugar. Also to anything that overburdens the liver. I don't mean full glycogen stores are a trigger, but that may be excess fructose or sucrose or overall sugars can be a burden for some of us once we get too far beyond full glycogen and keep trying to load more anyway.
I don't generally feel well if I force sugar beyond my real appetite.

Hgreen56

As I said, speculation.
I think migraineurs can be more sensitive than average to various imbalances; we don't all have the same triggers. I've heard some can react badly to excess sugar. Also to anything that overburdens the liver. I don't mean full glycogen stores are a trigger, but that may be excess fructose or sucrose or overall sugars can be a burden for some of us once we get too far beyond full glycogen and keep trying to load more anyway.
I don't generally feel well if I force sugar beyond my real appetite.
do you take vit b1?
fructose deplete vit b1 and myself i notice that to. more sugar = migraine if i don't supplement extra b1 with it

tara

do you take vit b1?
fructose deplete vit b1 and myself i notice that to. more sugar = migraine if i don't supplement extra b1 with it
Yes, thanks, I supplement B1 and other B-vits.