Honey For Low Blood Sugar

yerrag

I didn't feel good this afternoon. It is a low blood sugar feeling. I wasn't sleepy nor hungry, but my left eye seemed like it was on the verge of tears, but not quite there. It was feeling I had before that presaged me getting sick, starting with a sneeze, and more sneezes, until I would have allergic rhinitis.

I took a teaspoon of honey (manuka was the one I had available), and I felt better.

I read this about honey before, and I had tried this a few times with honey. To perk me up, to relieve me of hunger, and this time, to keep me from spiraling into sickness. It makes sense, as honey has plenty of fructose, and fructose is metabolized quickly, and it gave me the energy I needed quickly - when I needed it.

I wonder though if you have tried this before. How did your body react to it? Since there is a lot of fake honey around, I'm expecting that many of us would have bad reaction from fake honey, including myself. So, whatever your response is, I should give this fair bit of warning. Just being sure our body's reaction is based on real honey, not the fake one.

p.s. I wondered why I had this low blood sugar feeling. I just ate 1 pc of tree-ripened guava. I had wrapped the guava in plastic, with some holes to allow the guava to breath, so as to keep birds from getting to the guava before it fully ripened. It rained the past few days, and as I went to check on my guava, I realized that the rain had soaked the guava in the plastic bag. The guava was sweet and still edible, but I wonder if being submerged in water changed the way the guava ripened and in turn made the sugar in the guava less fructose and more glucose? That would explain why I had this low blood sugar reaction to eating the guava.

Last edited:
More likely guava had microbial growth that may have caused the feelings you describe. I feel wonderful after drinking a coke quite often.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

More likely guava had microbial growth that may have caused the feelings you describe. I feel wonderful after drinking a coke quite often.
That's possible, since the guava soaked in water in the plastic bag and heated by the sun could very well breed microbes. Honey could have neutralized the microbes.

OTOH, if it's a low blood sugar issue, honey would have increased my blood sugar and alleviated my condition.