Honey for erectile dysfunction: the sexual aphrodisiac food

Hans

Forum Supporter

Have you noticed good effects from honey?
I love honey as a carb source, especially as part of my shakes. It's a clean carb source. The only potential downside is that someone might have sensitivities to certain plant pollens.

-Luke-

Now I get why guys call their wives/girlfriends "Honey" when they are horny. Probably some Pavlov's dog conditioning.

J.R.K

I love honey as a carb source, especially as part of my shakes. It's a clean carb source. The only potential downside is that someone might have sensitivities to certain plant pollens.
I love honey yes it does the job, and can add a touch of risqué into the bedroom as well, but I was unaware of nitric oxide point. Is this a concern or is it different from say the PDE5 inhibitors?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I love honey yes it does the job, and can add a touch of risqué into the bedroom as well, but I was unaware of nitric oxide point. Is this a concern or is it different from say the PDE5 inhibitors?
We all need a certain amount of NO. People with high blood pressure have lower levels of NO than healthy people. Honey increases NO in a healthy way and to a healthy level. Endotoxin increases NO to a pathological level.

J.R.K

We all need a certain amount of NO. People with high blood pressure have lower levels of NO than healthy people. Honey increases NO in a healthy way and to a healthy level. Endotoxin increases NO to a pathological level.
So much like serotonin, and estrogen, the same would apply for nitric oxide. The issue being to keep them at levels optimal for bodily functions but not to up regulate past the ideal levels as you mentioned in times of stress when gut barrier can be compromised by excessive serotonin and endotoxin raises to pathological levels for example surgery or more recently intubation for COVID-19 leading to sepsis.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
So much like serotonin, and estrogen, the same would apply for nitric oxide. The issue being to keep them at levels optimal for bodily functions but not to up regulate past the ideal levels as you mentioned in times of stress when gut barrier can be compromised by excessive serotonin and endotoxin raises to pathological levels for example surgery or more recently intubation for COVID-19 leading to sepsis.
Exactly.

J.R.K

Thanks @Hans I am not used to getting this right!
Would you think honey would be beneficial for females with low libido as well? Interesting that honey is helpful for diabetic people. I recommended to a friend who is diabetic and she freaked out because her blood sugar levels rose but she did not take it with any protein so I suspect that might have played a role.
Incidentally I have been making a honey collagen ginger, eggs and coffee blend with milk.
I am not quite crazy enough to snort the ginger yet🤪!

Coderr

Is raw honey more beneficial? Which is more beneficial as a type of honey?

HighT

I have always read to not cook with honey. Here is an article explaining why:
After 34 degrees celsius can serve only as a sweetener. After 37C is losing 200 components. At 40C is losing the enzyme invertaza and becoming a cancirogen. Also is true that shelf life is infinite but long time storage a lot over than 10C will lead again to losing benefitial components.

It is awlays funny to me to read here someone say is buying organic honey. If the honey is runny and has not crystalized that means it has been heaten to 70C. So basically if you are not buying honey straight from local beekeeper you are not buying exactly honey and at best is just a sugar.

Coderr

After 34 degrees celsius can serve only as a sweetener. After 37C is losing 200 components. At 40C is losing the enzyme invertaza and becoming a cancirogen. Also is true that shelf life is infinite but long time storage a lot over than 10C will lead again to losing benefitial components.

It is awlays funny to me to read here someone say is buying organic honey. If the honey is runny and has not crystalized that means it has been heaten to 70C. So basically if you are not buying honey straight from local beekeeper you are not buying exactly honey and at best is just a sugar.
we need to eat raw honey

cdg

How much honey should one take to notice the effects

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Would you think honey would be beneficial for females with low libido as well?
For sure, it should work for everyone.
I recommended to a friend who is diabetic and she freaked out because her blood sugar levels rose but she did not take it with any protein so I suspect that might have played a role.
Yes protein can help a lot with blood sugar control. Also, it's normal for blood sugar to spike when you have carbs. What's most important is how high and for how long it spikes.
I am not quite crazy enough to snort the ginger yet🤪!
Haha yeah not recommended!

Jam

False. Raw chestnut honey, for example, never crystallizes.

Parrot

Very interesting.

I have 2 x tsp of honey in a goat's milk smoothie with fruit most lunch times and 2 x tsp in hot goat's milk at night before bed. Last night I put a milk thermometer in the hot milk before adding the honey and it was 52 degrees C...!!
I will now aim for < 34 degrees C - thank you.

76er

@Hans, what is your take on 'proper honey temperature' argument in this thread (also seen on other threads)?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals