Honey Attenuates Nicotine-induced Testicular Toxicity

allblues

Honey Attenuates the Detrimental Effects of Nicotine on Testicular Functions in Nicotine Treated Wistar Rats. - PubMed - NCBI, full study attached.

I like nicotine, but the studies showing testicular impairment give me pause.
According to this Nigerian study honey helps somewhat. If I'm reading the study right the HED of honey used in the study would be 0,2 g/kg per day.

Looking at the data, nicotine-treated rats had almost nonexistent FSH levels, lowered LH levels, but not too badly lowered testosterone levels, after the 35 days of treatment.

upload_2017-9-1_21-6-55.png

Honey on its own bumped up LH significantly, and somewhat budged the FSH and LH numbers in N-treated rats, though they were still far below control levels.

This is one of many papers which take the angle of nicotine being a possible danger to fertility. Nicotine users, does the possible fertility impact of nicotine worry you? Please spam any interesting studies you might have about nicotine and the reproductive system below;

Attachments

• 144914-383810-1-SM.pdf
    550.4 KB · Views: 18

TubZy

Yeah same with LH as well, I posted a study before that shows nicotine increases LH

OP
allblues

allblues

Frankdee20

I smoke, 4-5 cigarettes daily, sometimes more. I also chew nicotine gum when I don't smoke. I don't know what to make of those findings regarding higher T in smokers. It has no effect on libido. My T is low for my age, 37, at 460. Then again, I didn't smoke in my 20's and it was worse, barely over 300 sometimes. Idk.

Frankdee20

Oh yeah and I love cigars, but can't always afford them.

What is the thought process that leads to making this study.

Constatine

What is the thought process that leads to making this study.
Plenty of weed.

Nicotine or tobacco in general has to be the most confusing substance. There is so much dogma and contradictory studies on the matter. Not to mention a lot of biased studies. Does anyone know if Ray has mentioned nicotine?

Plenty of weed.

Nicotine or tobacco in general has to be the most confusing substance. There is so much dogma and contradictory studies on the matter. Not to mention a lot of biased studies. Does anyone know if Ray has mentioned nicotine?

He has said small amounts may be helpful for old people.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals