HOMOTAURINE - Why No Talk?

Frankdee20

I have just began researching Homotaurine - and it appears to have even better brain benefits compared to simple Taurine.
I especially like the GABA-B upregulation that can occur.

Anyone have any experience with this?

@haidut - Potential?

Is this the same thing as Accamprosate Sodium ? Or Campryl ?

Time&energy

Taurine should both work to preserve GABA-B, as continuous Calcium Channel activation is associated with its degeneration . Also the Neurotoxic effect of N-Acetyl-Homotaurine mentioned above due to Calcium excitation is mitigated by Taurine, showing it is a functional antagonist of Taurine receptors. Maybe that's why the literature states homotaurine as a failed Alzheimers drug (besides the concomitant use of Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors during the study).
Prolonged activation of NMDA receptors promotes dephosphorylation and alters postendocytic sorting of GABAB receptors.
https://academic.oup.com/ajhp/article/66/21/1950/5130452.
https://www.researchgate.net/public...sate_N-Acetyl-Homotaurine_in_Cultured_Neurons.

shine

I tried it years ago, got nauseous every time I took it and then threw it away.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Taurine should both work to preserve GABA-B, as continuous Calcium Channel activation is associated with its degeneration . Also the Neurotoxic effect of N-Acetyl-Homotaurine mentioned above due to Calcium excitation is mitigated by Taurine, showing it is a functional antagonist of Taurine receptors. Maybe that's why the literature states homotaurine as a failed Alzheimers drug (besides the concomitant use of Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors during the study).
Prolonged activation of NMDA receptors promotes dephosphorylation and alters postendocytic sorting of GABAB receptors.
https://academic.oup.com/ajhp/article/66/21/1950/5130452.
https://www.researchgate.net/public...sate_N-Acetyl-Homotaurine_in_Cultured_Neurons.

Thanks for sharing this!

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
"I am 24 days using homotaurine. I titrated up, and I am using now, 25mg moorning - 25mg midday - 25mg night and Now I tollerate the dosage very well. I am noticing that my sleep, memory, mood, brain performance is very improved. This changes can be produced by GABAB upregulation but, is very soon for doing this afirmation because I didnt take any gabab agonist in this time and I cant assure the reversal tolerace. My plan is to tirate up more and do this 1 month more, before testing and agonist."

I am excited to see what Homotaurine can offer me.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
"So after one week of taking 300 mg of homotaurine a day split into two even doses. I ended up sleeping 10 hours last night for the first time in months and months since my phenibut detox. My anhedonia as been significantly mitigated, to the point that i feel as if a dose of phenibut/ghb would produce a significant amount of pleausure"

My only problem with the treatment is the 150 mg dosages have been producing a significant amount of nausea where i have to lay down, but so far awesome results. I have tried many things for my anhedonia and this has so far been the most effective, i am excited to give it a few more months to see where i end up mentally.
-Another reddit user.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
"I have fantastic news, after just 1.5 months of 300 mg homotaurine, i decided to take some ghb going out one night to see how it worked. The magic was back and i took multiple doses in one night. The next day i did not experience severe anhedonia and insomnia!!!!! This is the real deal"

"I suffered a lot of PAWS that doesnt subside, for example, my sleep are pretty ****88 up. Homotaurine doesnt make to feel bad to normal persons. In spain is bought at pharmacies and my mother thakes homotaurine nightly, at 50 mg at once with no problem. I cant do this. I was a gbl abuser and my brain chemistry is changed, there is no doubt. 50 mg of homotaurine cause a very very marked withdrawal... Sweats,insomnia,tachycardia, that lasts 4 hours"

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
2nd night I had Homotaurine 50mg before bed.

I had some more nightmares, and woke up feeling a bit different. I have had 3 De Ja Vu episodes, and random memory flashbacks, very weird.

I feel a little calmer too. My resting heart rate was 42, which is way too low for me. My HRV reading was 150, insanely high.

I think my cortisol has crashed again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals