Homotaurine Or Topamax

Frankdee20

Thoughts on Topamax ? Safe ? Homotaurine ? Safe ?

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I want to stop drinking

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Naltrexone makes me dysphoric

High_Prob

Thoughts on Topamax ? Safe ? Homotaurine ? Safe ?

Never tried Topomax or Homotaurine but I did try N-Acetylhomotaurine (Acomprosate) and it was ******* awful (dysphoric, dissociation). However, there are a lot of reports on the web of people having great experiences with it.

There was a study showing that it could be neurotoxic (in vitro though) and suggested that taking Taurine along with it could prevent the toxicity. I have not tried combining:

Acamprosate (AC), N-acetyl-homotaurine, has recently been introduced for treating alcohol craving and reducing relapses in weaned alcoholics. AC may exert its action through the taurine system rather than the glutamatergic or GABAergic system. This conclusion is based on the observations that AC strongly inhibits the binding of taurine to taurine receptors while it has little effect on the binding of glutamate to glutamate receptors or muscimol to GABAA receptors. In addition, AC was found to be neurotoxic, at least in neuronal cultures, triggering neuronal damage at 1 mM. The underlying mechanism of AC-induced neuronal injury appears to be due to its action in increasing the intracellular calcium level, [Ca2+]i. Both AC-induced neurotoxicity and elevation of [Ca2+]i can be prevented by taurine suggesting that AC may exert its effect through its antagonistic interaction with taurine receptors.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Yeah I saw that but Acamprosate isn’t exactly homotaurine but almost

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals