Homogenized Milk

LeeRoyJenkins

I think you're misunderstanding me. I had a baseline of raw... Then switched to this brand. It gave me problems. You asked (or it was implied it was homogenized)... The brand I switched to mentioned above was not homogenized. I'm thinking yes it is either the vitamins or the cow type. My local provider uses Jersey a2 cows. No problem with it. I also don't have the same problems with a2 brand, but eventually it causes bloating and thing it's related to the homogenization.

Mito

I wonder what their reason/justification for homogenizing skim milk could be? I understand when they have the naturally separated skim milk, and some amount of cream, they mix it together, so it becomes even. But when they only have the skim milk -- what do they think they're homogenizing?
Skim milk contains 0.1% fat.

cyclops

Skim milk contains 0.1% fat.

Does that small amount of fat exist in skim milk because it has been "artificially" added from cream through the homogenization process? Because I thought all the cream/fat floated to the top in raw milk and therefore skim milk is fat free. It seems that any fat in the skim raw milk would either float to the top or have to be somehow naturally homogenized in which case no further homogenization would be necessery anyway.

Peater

Homogenised milk...because shaking the bottle would just be unthinkable, what is this, the Dark Ages?

YourUniverse

Tried a non-homogenized milk brand from whole foods (only $2.30 CAD/L after returning the jar container, seems like a good deal).

It makes me thirsty almost immediately. Seems to make me a little irritable. 2 nights in a row, after having a cup or 2 before bed, I had terrible sleep. Also noticing actual acne developing on my face since starting.

This might be because the milk has all the steroid hormones Ray talks about when he refers to milk? Thyroid, progesterone, estrogens. Maybe I have a hard time digesting the milk fat clumped together? Maybe I need time to adjust to it.

T

TheBeard

Tried a non-homogenized milk brand from whole foods (only $2.30 CAD/L after returning the jar container, seems like a good deal).

It makes me thirsty almost immediately. Seems to make me a little irritable. 2 nights in a row, after having a cup or 2 before bed, I had terrible sleep. Also noticing actual acne developing on my face since starting.

This might be because the milk has all the steroid hormones Ray talks about when he refers to milk? Thyroid, progesterone, estrogens. Maybe I have a hard time digesting the milk fat clumped together? Maybe I need time to adjust to it.

Pasteurized / homogenized milk gives me acne and brain fog.

Raw milk doesn’t

ExCarniv

I think pasteurized at low temp non homogenized non Vitamins added milk is pretty good if you find a good brand.

Regular pasteurized/homogenized vitamins added regular milk is awful, I can't drink more than 100ml without getting a run to the bathroom.

Jib

I went through an entire gallon of pasteurized, unhomogenized milk and had no gas or bloating at all. Got some raw Jersey milk from a local farm and pasteurized it at home myself. Raw milk gives me diarrhea almost immediately; just can't handle it.

I also seem to handle store bought homogenized milk just fine, with the exception of some gas/bloating. It isn't horrible. Just thought it was interesting that today, after going through an entire gallon of the Jersey milk, I've had absolutely zero gas or bloating. After going through a bunch of store bought milk I just thought that came with the territory. Will have to experiment more to make sure my lactase production just hasn't gone up and I've gotten more efficient at digesting milk.

For my money, the local Jersey milk tastes much, much better. More interesting, creamy, flavorful and satisfying. Oddly enough, I prefer the taste and texture of it after pasteurizing it, compared to raw.

The cream residue on the glass looks different. The unhomogenized milk leaves some amount of little globules on the glass in addition to some film. The homogenized milk just leaves a perfectly consistent film.

The Jersey milk is clearly more nutritious. I'm not sure if homogenization is one of the things to blame, but the texture of unhomogenized milk seems far more appealing to me. Just from a texture and visual perspective.

Just makes me shake my head the stupidity of things. Is shaking a jug of milk for literally 3 seconds really such a big deal? Homogenization seems completely unnecessary and unnatural.

I won't be paranoid about it, as I'm on a shoestring budget. But it is gonna be really hard to go back to store bought milk after tasting that Jersey milk. It's so good that it seems worth the $9 a gallon and the long amount of time it takes me to pasteurize it at home. Seeing the cream risen to the top in the jug just looks "right," like how milk is supposed to be.

On the other hand, my local Wal-Mart carries cartons of the Meyenberg goat milk. As I understand it, goat milk is not homogenized because it doesn't need to be. I think the price is the same or slightly more than the local raw Jersey milk, on a per-gallon basis. Maybe the lack of homogenization is one of the reasons many people tolerate goat milk better than cow milk.

Maybe, maybe not.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals