Homocysteine: Why Don´t Fall?

gilson dantas

I would like to talk about homocysteine.
I have high homocysteine for several years [around 14]. I've used several orthomolecular formulas [vitamin B12, folate, etc.] and the homocisteyne´s values remain high.
I ask:
1 - I suppose that homocysteine is an independent marker of cardio-vascular risk. OK. But they also say that it is an inflammatory marker. I mean: if homocysteine is high, it will be marking inflammation.
Why then the other inflammatory markers do not rise side by side with the raising homocysteine [Protein C R, fibrinogen, Hemossedimentation velocity for example]?
2 - I adopted two months ago, the food type Ray Peat; how to strengthen the power of the food/nutrition so that the homocysteine falls? Maybe minimizing meat with muscles? And increasing the maximum cheese for example?
3- How do you heal or deal with a high homocysteine?
Gilson Dantas
[Sorry, my english is "made in Brazil"]

Have you used injected or sublingual b12? Some people have great trouble getting enough b12. I think the gut is responsible.

High amounts of collagen or gelatine might help. And plenty of the other B vitamins.

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

I used injected and sublingual B12. my level of B12 [in serum] is high.
I was thinking: perhaps the culprid is thyroid - among other things like diet;
And in the diet, perhaps methyonine, I mean "the bad aminoacids". In this case high amounts of collagen/gelatine is OK. What do you say about it?

I used injected and sublingual B12. my level of B12 [in serum] is high.
I was thinking: perhaps the culprid is thyroid - among other things like diet;
And in the diet, perhaps methyonine, I mean "the bad aminoacids". In this case high amounts of collagen/gelatine is OK. What do you say about it?

definitely I'd try collagen or gelatin and see what happens. It should block methionine.

And the entire B complex should potentiate the B12 that you have taken.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Blood homocysteine seems like the new cholesterol. Feels like there is still debate as to whether homocysteine is an independently reliable marker of vascular disease or inflammation.

Were you using methylcobalamin and L-5-MTHF? Or just standard folic acid and cyanocobalamin? Vitamin B6 is also important for homocysteine depletion.

+1 on the gelatin. Or L-glycine.

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

Yes: methylcobalamin.
No: what would be L-5-MTHF? folic acid activated? I use B6 and B3. And eat eggs [no egg white]
The entire B complex I will have on eggs, liver perhaps?
Actually I used such protocols last year and nothing changed. I thing the key is: gelatin/collagen by the diet. And cheese.

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

I´m following a diet in R Peat´s way for few months [including fresh gelatin daily; and I suppose I have the necessary vitamins for the homocysteine elimination process [folate, choline, B6 etc.] because I regularly eat beef liver, shrimp, eggs [twice by week]; and cheese and gelatin every day;
why homocysteine does not fall below 14?
I will be undermethylated?
what would be the causes [generally speaking]?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals