Homemade mitosynergy copper (copper 1) Does it really work??

Mauritio

Hi guys, just a few tips for making your own mitosynergy copper.

It's already been mentioned by a few people but it definitely works better to first dissolve the blue copper bisglycinate (2-4mg I use) into hot water.

THEN add and let sodium bicarbonate dissolve. It will stay clear/sightly blue at this stage.

And the last step should be the addition of the ascorbic acid. This will cause the colour change.

This way I get a very orange colour. I'm absolutely sure it's copper I.

Talk about money saving hack lol.
Nice one,thanks for sharing !!
Do you still use this ? Does it feel different than normal copper?

Olmec

@youngsinatra ... Hardcore copper deficiency (like the kind that can make you permanently brain damaged) is resolved in medical settings using copper sulfate as well as copper choride, so I have come to trust copper sulfate’s absorption (and it’s nice that the price is right).
Yeah. I got the theory by Charles Barker, which states that mostly reduced copper is found in whole foods (but cooking probably oxidizes it) and that reduced copper is best uptaken by the CTR1 in the small intestine.

But I am also well aware that copper deficiency got resolved by giving oxidized copper in many case report studies.

I think I am finally over with my obsession with copper. I took 4 blood tests this year where I showed low(ish) serum copper and ceruloplasmin while I treated it extensively with both cupric bisglycinate and the expensive cuprous nicotinic acid for months and months but I am ultimately convinced that there are other factors at play, regarding the distribution of copper. So I think that there is likely a functional deficiency, not necessarily a objective lack of copper in the body. The body easily stores copper inside the liver as far as I have seen it in the research. But if your hepatic functioning is somewhat impaired, then probably you have trouble complexing that copper into all it‘s transport proteins and so on. That is also in line with what I‘ve read in academic papers on copper metabolism in various liver diseases. (they have reduced ceruloplasmin synthesis..)

After an excessive zinc intake which has likely impacted copper status, I will try copper bisglycinate as is, but also attempt the DIY conversion to the reduced form.
@youngsinatra , do you recall what dose of cupric bisglycinate you were using?

youngsinatra

After an excessive zinc intake which has likely impacted copper status, I will try copper bisglycinate as is, but also attempt the DIY conversion to the reduced form.
@youngsinatra , do you recall what dose of cupric bisglycinate you were using?
I think 8mg per day for multiple months. It never resolved my low blood copper levels. Even the fancy MitoSynergy did nothing at up to 4mg per day for 3 months.

So far only taking thyroid has increased my serum copper and ceruloplasmin.

Olmec

I think 8mg per day for multiple months. It never resolved my low blood copper levels. Even the fancy MitoSynergy did nothing at up to 4mg per day for 3 months.

So far only taking thyroid has increased my serum copper and ceruloplasmin.
Okay, thanks.
Part of my issue relates to an excess of T3 also. In a context of various nutritional deficiencies.

youngsinatra

Okay, thanks.
Part of my issue relates to an excess of T3 also. In a context of various nutritional deficiencies.
Can you elaborate a little more?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals