Homemade face moisturizer/anti aging serum ingredients advice?

Lollipop2

I’m not sure what concentration you’d want. I’ve mixed coconut oil/cocoa butter with progest-e or cortinon double boiler style for other reasons and not as a facial moisturizer. I basically put a Pyrex measuring cup in a pan of water on low heat and let the oils melt and then mix in the progest-e or cortinon with a bamboo spoon. I then let it cool in the refrigerator and sometimes I even freeze it. I’ve also been using about 15 mg methylene blue in 8 ounces of distilled water as a toner.
Please keep us posted if you come up with a good formula. I think @Lollipop2 might have some good suggestions.
Thank you @Blossom. @FitnessMike I think you can make the process easy - first spray in your hand 2 or 3 pumps Solban on your palm, then add a few drops Tocovit, a few drops Estroban and rub together then on your face. It works great and is easy.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Thank you @Blossom. @FitnessMike I think you can make the process easy - first spray in your hand 2 or 3 pumps Solban on your palm, then add a few drops Tocovit, a few drops Estroban and rub together then on your face. It works great and is easy.
I was thinking to melt the shea butter and open few pills of vit E/k2/d3/and maybe A as well since i got all of these at home, i only need some idea on the concentration.

Lollipop2

I was thinking to melt the shea butter and open few pills of vit E/k2/d3/and maybe A as well since i got all of these at home, i only need some idea on the concentration.
There is no rules so to speak. What do you want? Just a lotion or to take those as vitamins? If just a face lotion use maybe 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Shea to one or two drops of the vitamins per application. Otherwise as a vitamin you need the dose of each with the Shea per application. Ultimately just try it and experiment. Blossom’s way of melting is how I make my body lotion.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

There is no rules so to speak. What do you want? Just a lotion or to take those as vitamins? If just a face lotion use maybe 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Shea to one or two drops of the vitamins per application. Otherwise as a vitamin you need the dose of each with the Shea per application. Ultimately just try it and experiment. Blossom’s way of melting is how I make my body lotion.
just as a face cream, for a healthy and sexy-looking face, hoping to prevent/reverse eye/ forehead wrinkles with it and some face derma rolling.

Lollipop2

just as a face cream, for a healthy and sexy-looking face, hoping to prevent/reverse eye/ forehead wrinkles with it and some face derma rolling.
Then, I think my ratio is good - 1 drop of each with 1/2 a teaspoon to 1 teaspoon (depending on size of surface area) Shea per serving of doing a single serving. If doing say 5 or 6 ounces then I would put 10-15 drops of each Vit to 5-6 oz Shea. Then you can multiply up if you want a larger amount.

Last edited:

Lejeboca

Here is a thread for MB in skin care. It discusses a paper that has the reasoning behind using MB in face creams concentrations, and solubility. Methylene Blue DIY Skin Cream?

I do mine based on this paper. Works fine to help with sun damage and bug bites.
All my salves are based on MCT oil now but I used to use olive oil as a base too. Either works fine and Peaty.
I find that coffee infusion is very synergistic with MB dissolved in MCT oil.

Remember that methylene blue is water soluble and doesn't dissolve in fats and oils, when mixing it into a lotion. At least that is what I experienced, and then subsequently read about.

Would you happen to have a reference where you've read that it does not dissolve in fats and oils?

From Anti-Aging Potentials of Methylene Blue for Human Skin Longevity - PubMed
in page 1: "Additionally, MB is highly permeable in biological membranes because
of its solubility in both water and organic solvent, which permits it to freely enter the intracellular compartments
like mitochondria, lysosomes and the nucleus [10–12]"

From my experience, MB is able to dissolve in MCT oil but it takes some time. To speed up, I first dissolve MB powder in very strong ethanol, then add MCT oil and let the alcohol evaporate.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Here is a thread for MB in skin care. It discusses a paper that has the reasoning behind using MB in face creams concentrations, and solubility. Methylene Blue DIY Skin Cream?

I do mine based on this paper. Works fine to help with sun damage and bug bites.
All my salves are based on MCT oil now but I used to use olive oil as a base too. Either works fine and Peaty.
I find that coffee infusion is very synergistic with MB dissolved in MCT oil.

Would you happen to have a reference where you've read that it does not dissolve in fats and oils?

From Anti-Aging Potentials of Methylene Blue for Human Skin Longevity - PubMed
in page 1: "Additionally, MB is highly permeable in biological membranes because
of its solubility in both water and organic solvent, which permits it to freely enter the intracellular compartments
like mitochondria, lysosomes and the nucleus [10–12]"

From my experience, MB is able to dissolve in MCT oil but it takes some time. To speed up, I first dissolve MB powder in very strong ethanol, then add MCT oil and let the alcohol evaporate.
what do you think about this one for daytime? i could try to mix MB into it

Amazon product ASIN B07MZGL4RQView: https://www.amazon.co.uk/INTRODUCTORY-OFFER-Organic-Hyaluronic-Anti-Aging/dp/B07MZGL4RQ/ref=sr_1_15?dchild=1&keywords=face+serum&qid=1623401521&sr=8-15

Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Juice (Aloe Barbadensis), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Panthenol, Acetyl Glucosamine, Organic Cucumber Extract (Cucumis Sativus), Sodium PCA, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Organic Grape Fruit Extract (Vitis Vinifera), Ferulic Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Arginine, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Rosa Damascena (Damask Rose) Flower Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Ethylhexylglycerin

Lejeboca

what do you think about this one for daytime? i could try to mix MB into it

Amazon product ASIN B07MZGL4RQView: https://www.amazon.co.uk/INTRODUCTORY-OFFER-Organic-Hyaluronic-Anti-Aging/dp/B07MZGL4RQ/ref=sr_1_15?dchild=1&keywords=face+serum&qid=1623401521&sr=8-15

Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Juice (Aloe Barbadensis), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Panthenol, Acetyl Glucosamine, Organic Cucumber Extract (Cucumis Sativus), Sodium PCA, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Organic Grape Fruit Extract (Vitis Vinifera), Ferulic Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Arginine, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Rosa Damascena (Damask Rose) Flower Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Ethylhexylglycerin

Probably OK as topical. Vitamin C may have "impurities" per Dr. Peat's considerations. But if you oxidize the ascorbic acid with MB might be good.

BearWithMe

Niacinamide is awesome topically for beautiful skin and hair. If you want to use fat, use the kind you would eat - coconut oil or tallow (milk fat would be impractical becase you would need to refrigerate it).

I would not use any fat becauase it will make you sticky and glossy and it is not very good in hydrating the skin anyways.

Methylene blue will stain everything in your proximity and it is super hard to remove the stains.

The best way to nurture your skin is to feed it from the inside. The best anti aging serum is perfect health (and especially healthy gut and good thyroid function).

L_C

I want to dissolve vit E pills in coconut oil/shea butter?

what else would you guys recommend to dissolve in it?
vit k2?
Methylene blue?
Also, what concentration of the vitamins should that be per let's say 100ml of oil?
Doing chemical peels helps as well. Start with low concentration glycolic or TCA peel. Google on how to do it. Stay away from coconut oil- it will clog the pores. Shea butter is better.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Niacinamide is awesome topically for beautiful skin and hair. If you want to use fat, use the kind you would eat - coconut oil or tallow (milk fat would be impractical becase you would need to refrigerate it).

I would not use any fat becauase it will make you sticky and glossy and it is not very good in hydrating the skin anyways.

Methylene blue will stain everything in your proximity and it is super hard to remove the stains.

The best way to nurture your skin is to feed it from the inside. The best anti aging serum is perfect health (and especially healthy gut and good thyroid function).
Well work in progress still with my hypo and it will take a while, I'm a very bad case I think.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Doing chemical peels helps as well. Start with low concentration glycolic or TCA peel. Google on how to do it. Stay away from coconut oil- it will clog the pores. Shea butter is better.
i like coconut when sunbathe, especially of face. Im more interested in preventing wrinkles, i think once i will sort my health to the point i can go train again, androgen levels will be high and skin will be very good, but still, i mess with dermorollers on face etc.

miquelangeles

I melted shea butter added vit E, k2,d3,a and some cortinon
I would not add K2, it can cause hair loss when used topically and there's a risk of developing small hairless patches on your beard (if you keep one) or losing some eyebrow hairs.
E and A are good.
As a man, I would keep the skincare routine to a minimum.

Ben.

I would not add K2, it can cause hair loss when used topically and there's a risk of developing small hairless patches on your beard (if you keep one) or losing some eyebrow hairs.
E and A are good.
As a man, I would keep the skincare routine to a minimum.

It can? So men with back or asshair can take care of it that way? ...

I think i've read somewhere that the hair on the head is not the same as body hair and acts/reacts differently but to be honest i have no idea.

Neeters 27

I have never used any face cream or lotion, I am lucky to be an oily Portuguese lady LOL! however, I have used plain coconut oil (the kind that is solid) as an internal lubricant if you kwim. and my husband found it nice, and started using it on his hands after he finished doing gardening after washing his hands. it is great. we also use it for chapped lips in the winter. I dont like the idea of using anything that will clog my skin. I use Progesterone cream as part of my HRT, but only on my wrists or on my neck. I am 61, no wrinkles, anything you put ON your skin cannot fix wrinkles or prevent them. what you need for that is collagen in your diet, lots of vitamin C to make that collagen work. thats my 2 cents worth.

Callmestar

In my experience those that put absolutely nothing on their face look better than those who use lots of products. I look at blokes who are in their 50s who don't even know what a moisturiser is and often they look very young with very few wrinkles. Then you have others who have used every product that supposedly reduces wrinkles/aging and they look like crap by mid 30s.

BearWithMe

Correlation does not imply causation. Maybe they put absolutely nothing on their face because their skin looks good as it is, so they feel no need to do so