Homemade face moisturizer/anti aging serum ingredients advice?

FitnessMike

I want to dissolve vit E pills in coconut oil/shea butter?

what else would you guys recommend to dissolve in it?
vit k2?
Methylene blue?
Also, what concentration of the vitamins should that be per let's say 100ml of oil?

Last edited:

jamies33

What about lanolin?

I think that the more you put in your cream the harder will be to discover what could be wrong or right. That being said, I like the formulation of Solban (caffeine, aspirin, niacinamide), which you could try to emulate, and Vit E+shea butter (coconut will clog your pores)+ progesterone (10mg per 100ml). Methylene blue has a good record of anti-aging effects, but I think that you need to use ascorbic acid to take off the blue, unless you like to look like a blue man group guy.

vit k2?
Methylene blue?
Also, what concentration of the vitamins should that be per let's say 100ml of oil?
I think less is better on skin. I have never smelled a shea butter I have liked FitnessMike. I think if you do decide to use it your gonna have to get it really fresh and keep it in the fridge. I recently tried "washed" ghee (washed it myself) and it was much lighter than shea butter and washing it well got rid of the butter smell. It soaked in much better than coconut oil too, and left my legs looking supple, rather than greasy, plus it already has vitamins that are good for the skin. Ghee also is stable at room temperature. The only question left would be a light scent, essential oil, that could add extra benefits. I don't know anything about essential oils, but maybe someone else could weigh in on that one.

Attachments

• 20210607_102635.jpg
    20210607_102635.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 11

Nicole W.

I think less is better on skin. I have never smelled a shea butter I have liked FitnessMike. I think if you do decide to use it your gonna have to get it really fresh and keep it in the fridge. I recently tried "washed" ghee (washed it myself) and it was much lighter than shea butter and washing it well got rid of the butter smell. It soaked in much better than coconut oil too, and left my legs looking supple, rather than greasy, plus it already has vitamins that are good for the skin. Ghee also is stable at room temperature. The only question left would be a light scent, essential oil, that could add extra benefits. I don't know anything about essential oils, but maybe someone else could weigh in on that one.
Please do not add essential oils to the washed ghee. Floral waters, coffee or tea are okay but essential oils are too strong and can sensitize the skin. Essential oils are not appropriate for this formulation. 😊

Please do not add essential oils to the washed ghee. Floral waters, coffee or tea are okay but essential oils are too strong and can sensitize the skin. Essential oils are not appropriate for this formulation. 😊
Oh good to know! I know nothing about them!

FitnessMike

I think that the more you put in your cream the harder will be to discover what could be wrong or right. That being said, I like the formulation of Solban (caffeine, aspirin, niacinamide), which you could try to emulate, and Vit E+shea butter (coconut will clog your pores)+ progesterone (10mg per 100ml). Methylene blue has a good record of anti-aging effects, but I think that you need to use ascorbic acid to take off the blue, unless you like to look like a blue man group guy.
that would be only for the night so i don't mind look like a smurf, ok so how much mg of vit e/k2/methylene blue per 100ml of shea butter you think? dont want to put too much right.

Blossom

vit k2?
Methylene blue?
I’m not sure what concentration you’d want. I’ve mixed coconut oil/cocoa butter with progest-e or cortinon double boiler style for other reasons and not as a facial moisturizer. I basically put a Pyrex measuring cup in a pan of water on low heat and let the oils melt and then mix in the progest-e or cortinon with a bamboo spoon. I then let it cool in the refrigerator and sometimes I even freeze it. I’ve also been using about 15 mg methylene blue in 8 ounces of distilled water as a toner.
Please keep us posted if you come up with a good formula. I think @Lollipop2 might have some good suggestions.

Dave Clark

Remember that methylene blue is water soluble and doesn't dissolve in fats and oils, when mixing it into a lotion. At least that is what I experienced, and then subsequently read about.

Dave Clark

Some other good additions are delta tocotrienols, organic sulfur {MSM}, vitamin D, grape seed or pine bark extract for antioxidant protection.

FitnessMike

Some other good additions are delta tocotrienols, organic sulfur {MSM}, vitamin D, grape seed or pine bark extract for antioxidant protection.
I think I will add just fat-soluble, e,k2, maybe it A?

I wonder what else would mix well with shea butter.

It would be probably worth do another one water or maybe aloe-based? with the stuff that's water soluble?

Dave Clark

I think I will add just fat-soluble, e,k2, maybe it A?

I wonder what else would mix well with shea butter.

It would be probably worth do another one water or maybe aloe-based? with the stuff that's water soluble?
I would be careful adding retinol {vitamin A} to the cream if it is being used during the day, due to its reaction with the sun. Most retinol creams are night time creams.