Homemade Copper Supplement, What To Dissolve It In?

ddjd

I've recently ordered some Mitosynergy Copper (https://www.mitosynergy.com/product/copper-niacin-91-00-per-1-2-gram-copy/)

It's a very sensitive (and expensive) form of bioavailable copper (copper 1) which is orange in colour, but if exposed to moisture it will oxidise and turn blue (copper 2), and therefore shouldnt be used.

Ive bought the copper before and noticed great benefits that are uncomparable to the cheap blue copper supplements most often sold. But the problem is its so unstable in its powder form.

So I'm looking for a good substance to dissolve the copper powder into, which will be most resistant to moisture. any recommendations? MCT? vitamin E?

heres more info if anyones interested

Soren

Forum Supporter
Interesting. Unfortunately I don't have any advice on what to dissolve it in but this looks like an interesting supplement. Do you know if this copper supplement could be used as a replacement for antibiotics as copper has a pretty strong antibiotic effect?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Interesting. Unfortunately I don't have any advice on what to dissolve it in but this looks like an interesting supplement. Do you know if this copper supplement could be used as a replacement for antibiotics as copper has a pretty strong antibiotic effect?
Join the Facebook group "bioavailable copper". There's a lot of good information on there and people discussing various successes in their health after taking it

In excess its too much toxic... search copper overload, adrenal fatigue... copper buildup in liver and replace zinc sites...

Dave Clark

I've recently ordered some Mitosynergy Copper (https://www.mitosynergy.com/product/copper-niacin-91-00-per-1-2-gram-copy/)

It's a very sensitive (and expensive) form of bioavailable copper (copper 1) which is orange in colour, but if exposed to moisture it will oxidise and turn blue (copper 2), and therefore shouldnt be used.

Ive bought the copper before and noticed great benefits that are uncomparable to the cheap blue copper supplements most often sold. But the problem is its so unstable in its powder form.

So I'm looking for a good substance to dissolve the copper powder into, which will be most resistant to moisture. any recommendations? MCT? vitamin E?

heres more info if anyones interested

I bought the powder and was going to blend it into oil, Charles Barker suggested vitamin e oil, but when I saw that they offer a mini-spoon for 1 mg doses I thought I would just try that and see how that went. So far, it's not as bad as I thought, you have to be a bit careful spooning it out, etc., but once you get the hang of it, it's not bad. https://www.mitosynergy.com/product/copper-niacin-91-00-per-1-2-gram-copy/
I think most people should either read MitoSynergy's literature, or watch a video to understand what proper copper is compared to toxic copper.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I bought the powder and was going to blend it into oil, Charles Barker suggested vitamin e oil, but when I saw that they offer a mini-spoon for 1 mg doses I thought I would just try that and see how that went. So far, it's not as bad as I thought, you have to be a bit careful spooning it out, etc., but once you get the hang of it, it's not bad. https://www.mitosynergy.com/product/copper-niacin-91-00-per-1-2-gram-copy/
I think most people should either read MitoSynergy's literature, or watch a video to understand what proper copper is compared to toxic copper.
Yeah I did the same thing but after a month or so I stupidly got some moisture on the spoon and within a stil the whole thing went blue.
My approach now is to seperate the 1g into lots of small amounts so if one goes blue I've still got the others. 1g is enough to last a very long time as you know

Dave Clark

Yeah I did the same thing but after a month or so I stupidly got some moisture on the spoon and within a stil the whole thing went blue.
My approach now is to seperate the 1g into lots of small amounts so if one goes blue I've still got the others. 1g is enough to last a very long time as you know
Well I have been doing the spoon thing for about a week, and I am crossing my fingers the powder doesn't trun blue on me, which being winter where I am and the air being dry, I think I will be alright, however, come summer when it is hot and humid it may be another thing. I will just have to experiment if I have issues with the powder.

aquaman

Ray Peat said:
Probably the best food for increasing your copper, while decreasing your iron — which competes against the copper — is shellfish. Shrimp, clams.."

Ray Peat said:
thyroid is the main thing responsible for increasing it. It causes the genes to be expressed. It causes the copper to be absorbed that the enzyme uses as a cofactor. And light is another major factor because with the stress of metabolism, copper can detached from the enzyme and the exposure to ordinary visible light, the red long waves of light that will pass right into your brain, these happen to lift the copper atom just enough to restore its position in the cytochrome enzyme.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

In excess its too much toxic... search copper overload, adrenal fatigue... copper buildup in liver and replace zinc sites...
Yes unbound copper is toxic. Not bound. It's very common to have a deficiency of copper with high toxic levels of unbound copper. Do you know about the difference between copper 1 and copper 2?

appotis

Sorry, most of the technical info is on the videos: , other than that the FAQ is about it.

This is really facinating.

What do you think about doing our own copper (1)?

The founder of MitoSYNERGY is a really nice guy and a great marketer and story teller.
And sure they had immense costs with the study they did etc.
But the supplement is sooo expensive.

Copper (0)
Wouldn't be copper (0) good as well, because it has 2 electrons to give?

What about colloidal copper? Copper (0) that gets really small particles throught electrolysis.
This would be the copper drink / cookware technique.

What do think about healing copper bracelets? Do you think, that we can absorp it trough the skin?
Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-26 um 22.38.53.png

So funny, where my research about copper let me.... to conspiracy theory.
COPPER DEPLETED, IRON POISIONED
We were depleted by copper and poisened by iron. And the ruler/kings are the blue blood, because they are full of copper, even some copper (2) oxide, which makes skin blue/green :D

Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-26 um 22.51.54.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-26 um 22.53.02.png
Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-26 um 22.53.26.png

OP
ddjd

ddjd

This is really facinating.

What do you think about doing our own copper (1)?

The founder of MitoSYNERGY is a really nice guy and a great marketer and story teller.
And sure they had immense costs with the study they did etc.
But the supplement is sooo expensive.

Copper (0)
Wouldn't be copper (0) good as well, because it has 2 electrons to give?

What about colloidal copper? Copper (0) that gets really small particles throught electrolysis.
This would be the copper drink / cookware technique.

What do think about healing copper bracelets? Do you think, that we can absorp it trough the skin?
View attachment 12982

So funny, where my research about copper let me.... to conspiracy theory.
COPPER DEPLETED, IRON POISIONED
We were depleted by copper and poisened by iron. And the ruler/kings are the blue blood, because they are full of copper, even some copper (2) oxide, which makes skin blue/green :D

View attachment 12986

View attachment 12985 View attachment 12984

in one of the lectures Charles talks about how the real challenge was learning how to turn copper 2 to copper 1, whilst removing the dangerous byproducts of the chemical reaction. that's the technique that he's patented.

he also mentioned his product costs 8000 dollars per kilo to produce, whereas, regular copper 2 supplements cost 20 dollars a kilo.

to be honest im happy to pay it because im literally using such a small amount per day, and after much experimentation i can say for sure that copper 1 vs copper 2 is the real deal. it took me a while to believe it myself.

I just ordered another gram for 100 dollars but should last 6-12 months.

I honestly think increasing bioavailable copper is the most underappreciated health topic. copper is essential for the electronic transfer chain and ATP/ mitochondria to work effectively.

interesting what you found on the conspiracy stuff @appotis

appotis

in one of the lectures Charles talks about how the real challenge was learning how to turn copper 2 to copper 1, whilst removing the dangerous byproducts of the chemical reaction. that's the technique that he's patented.

he also mentioned his product costs 8000 dollars per kilo to produce, whereas, regular copper 2 supplements cost 20 dollars a kilo.

to be honest im happy to pay it because im literally using such a small amount per day, and after much experimentation i can say for sure that copper 1 vs copper 2 is the real deal. it took me a while to believe it myself.

I just ordered another gram for 100 dollars but should last 6-12 months.

I honestly think increasing bioavailable copper is the most underappreciated health topic. copper is essential for the electronic transfer chain and ATP/ mitochondria to work effectively.

interesting what you found on the conspiracy stuff @appotis

Thanks for sharing your experience with mitosynergy. Only throught thiat I was able to find the valuable content around copper 1.

I think that I am deficient in copper 1. My symptons got even more pronounced when I experimented with higher doses vit c (ascorbid acid), which gave me great results reg. energy (physical + mental) etc., but after some weeks I got really tired, brain fog, spaciness, unfocused etc.
I did the mistake to take vit c with food, because I thought this would be the best way to help with endotoxins. But vit c seems to interfere with copper absorption. Vit C needs to be taken some time away from food, so that it does not disturb copper absoprtion in the small intestines.

I have some other symptons of low immune system like white togue for a while and fatique which does not go away. The vit c - copper made me aware of this potential problem, where I could also link the other symptons to copper defiency.
So I also ordered mitosynergy yesterday and have high hopes for it.

It is funny, how life plays. First I was happy with the vit c, then I depleted my copper and felt bad, but this again pointed to another potential underlying issue, which then again can make me feel better in total. And the vit c is also great, but needs to be taken in the right context, away from copper food.

Patent: As far as I understood, it is also part of patent, that the copper is embedded in niacin. This way niacin is the carrier for copper to put it into the cell without the need to rely on the protein caeruloplasmin.

Did you find a proper way to store the copper 1 powder? I plan to split the gram into several jars. So that I only have tiny amount in the jar that I use/open daily.
Further I will put the other jars in a bigger jar, which will be filled with rice and charcoal (AC), which is wrapped in paper towels, to absorp moist.
Other ways are MCT and vit E, but how is possible to dose, if you put them in oil?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Did you find a proper way to store the copper 1 powder? I plan to split the gram into several jars. So that I only have tiny amount in the jar that I use/open daily.
Further I will put the other jars in a bigger jar, which will be filled with rice and charcoal (AC), which is wrapped in paper towels, to absorp moist.
Other ways are MCT and vit E, but how is possible to dose, if you put them in oil?
yes ive found the absolute best way is to store the pure powder in MCT / caprylic acid. You dont actually need that much oil to preserve the powder. As long as the powder is covered in oil, it wont turn blue. What ive done is add half a gram to a glass container, covered with MCT oil, and i just take what i need every morning and keep it sealed in the meantime. i really wouldnt risk it any other way, if you leave it without oil, it will sooner or later go blue.

Dave Clark

Had my MitoSynergy powder for 6 months now, still nice and orange. When I talked with Charles, he said it is the moisture that will compromise it, so if it is kept in the glass bottle in a dry place, you may not have a problem. We are now approaching summer where here in the states it can get quite humid which could be a problem. But through the dry winter I have not had an issue with mine turning blue. I shall see how long it lasts in the next few months (if the bottle lasts that long) without turning blue.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Had my MitoSynergy powder for 6 months now, still nice and orange. When I talked with Charles, he said it is the moisture that will compromise it, so if it is kept in the glass bottle in a dry place, you may not have a problem. We are now approaching summer where here in the states it can get quite humid which could be a problem. But through the dry winter I have not had an issue with mine turning blue. I shall see how long it lasts in the next few months (if the bottle lasts that long) without turning blue.
bloody hell thats lucky! i would get it in some mct oil pronto

Back
Top Bottom