Homemade Copper Supplement, What To Dissolve It In?

youngsinatra

Amazing man, can some people confirm that this does actually result in Copper I before I turn my kitchen blue/orange lol. Good work.
Yes the reaction with ascorbic acid will form cuprous oxide.

Ascorbic acid is a reducing agent and will turn oxidized copper-2 (cupric) into reduced copper-1. (cuprous)

If you would add a source of chloride (sodium chloride/HCL) to that cuprous oxide, it will turn completely transparent indicating cuprous chloride. I think the same happens in the stomach due to stomach acid. I think almost all mineral forms get chloride-bound in the stomach.

Cuprous chloride is very stable. So stomach acid prevents re-oxidation of copper!

Mossy

depends from person to person but its the real deal. maybe youre not so deficient in copper 1 so less of a reaction? . its a very calm, clear headedness. if i do it with blue copper (copper 2) i get a wired, almost manic reaction and later a headache.
I may have to try this. The blue copper does the same to me.

Nebula

no it remains orange (copper 1) after the succinic acid . just add the succinic acid at the very end after the ascorbic acid (both acids!)
I don't think the compound would be copper succinate then. Just copper oxide and succinic acid unredacted. That may have synergistic benefits, but I don't think it would be in the form of copper succinate. maybe copper carbonate + succinic acid would be a more direct route to copper succinate. Magnesium carbonate is what I use to make magnesium succinate.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I don't think the compound would be copper succinate then. Just copper oxide and succinic acid unredacted. That may have synergistic benefits, but I don't think it would be in the form of copper succinate. maybe copper carbonate + succinic acid would be a more direct route to copper succinate. Magnesium carbonate is what I use to make magnesium succinate.
yeah would be great if someone could clarify what the end product actually is lol.....

sodium bicarbonate + copper bisglycinate + ascorbic acid + succinic acid = ??????????

@Mossy I will try and do a video at some point so people can see it turning orange!

achillea

Are you all familiar with the work of Morley Robbins on copper. He strikes us as a researcher very much like Ray Peat. He has many free videos at RCP institute and on Mitolife and extreme health on You Tube. We have been listening to his lectures with corresponding research articles for a few weeks now and see some of the weaknesses of what we have been doing especially with copper deficiency and the use of hormone D.
He is worth your time to explore.

Back
Top Bottom