Homeless In The Southwest. Assistance Needed

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by debored13, Dec 30, 2019.

1. debored13

debored13 Member

Click here to support Help Walker get back on the road to healing organized by Samantha Storz

The most effective treatment for my severe ME/CFS and mcas has actually been what's called "mold avoidance', but is actually more along the lines of seeking out pristine wilderness areas to heal in rather than simply being in a building without obvious mold.

I went from bedridden to walking and talking and reading a lot more doing this but winter hit and it's been hard to keep up with camping in the cold.

I cant afford my meds, food and housing all at the same time.

I would greatly appreciate some assistance. Thanks so much

2. OP
    debored13

debored13 Member

This video describes the hell of severe ME and what my life was like before mold avoidance.
    It hasn't been a miracle cure but has made a lot of difference.

3. OP
    debored13

debored13 Member

This video describes some of the science behind my approach

4. OP
    debored13

debored13 Member

Its damn cold to camp but other options are pretty expensive. I also need to try and get other benefits like food stamps and home caregiver hours so my sister can be paid for that but all of that is difficult to navigate while sick and focused on day to day stuff

5. OP
    debored13

debored13 Member

Currently in new mexico and it's cold af

6. OP
    debored13

debored13 Member

7. Gone Peating

Gone Peating Member

Are there any homeless shelters near you?

I bet if you went to a church and explained your situation you could find some women who would be more than happy to offer you their home

8. OP
    debored13

debored13 Member

Homeless shelters dont have a good reputation mold wise. I will talk to some churches though. What I would really like to find is someone who would let me "camp" on their private land so I could put up a canvas tent or hexayurt that is more durable and heat able than a normal tent, and stay in one place. That would be worth more to me than a home in some ways.

9. Runenight201

Runenight201 Member

Could you run through for me what you eat in a day? In specific detail?

10. OP
    debored13

debored13 Member

I followed a pretty peaty diet while living in mold and I just got sicker and sicker. Although I intuitively felt like pufas, beans and wheat worsened my symptoms, avoiding them was only palliative. After going to the southwest I went from bedbound to walking the length of a football field , no matter what I ate. But since I'm often too sick to cook for myself I just eat what is around based on convenience. I usually avoid heavy pufa restaurant food but my caregiver doesn't always have energy to cook so cant be that choosy. Lots of quesadillas w nixtamalized corn, mushrooms, eggs, chicken.

Like I said mold avoidance hasn't been a miracle cure but nutrition alone wasn't enough to help me improve functionally like that. At home I ate basically exactly what peat says he eats in a day and had horrible digestion and hemorrhoids , blood all the time. In the desert the blood in stool went away and no matter what I ate my digestion improved.
    FWIW I dont think what I'm sayimg about environmental factors is entirely against peat principles. I've talked to him about mold combinimg w nanoparticles to become more virulent. Sometimes environment is more of a factor than nutrition. He also has given me reports on the air in different regions of the US and mexico that matches up with this theory

11. OP
    debored13

debored13 Member

12. Gone Peating

Gone Peating Member

You guys could try driving to southern Texas or southern California. It should be a lot warmer there.

From reading your gofundme it sounds like it would be best to stay out doors at all times.

13. Lorof

Lorof Member

I was happy to give some and hope you get better

14. OP
    debored13

debored13 Member

Well I've actually been in a few buildings that were pretty good (even though I'm very sensitive and picky) and the lease was just unworkable with one of them. It was all adobe and brick, no wood frame. So I dont think it's impossible to find housing I can tolerate, and heal in, just difficult.

Yes, definitely thinking about going back to southern California, death valley I liked a lot, maybe barstow or the Mojave preserve. And I've heard good things about big bend in texas.

15. OP
    debored13

debored13 Member

Also peat recommended some places in mexico for good air where the living might be cheaper and warmer and I'm definitely thinking about it but we still need to get renewed passports

16. OP
    debored13

debored13 Member

Thanks homie!!

17. OP
    debored13

debored13 Member

Yesterday I ate some corn chips (nixtamalized w coconut oil), guacamole, and fresh mozzarella. And juice and coffee

18. berk

berk Member

Hello debored13.

My English is a little crappy but what i understand is that you have ME/CVS and you think you get it from toxic air (mold) in your house and when you go walking in areas of nature/wilderness you feeling better?Stupid question maybe but if toxic oxygen in your house is the problem, why are you not using a mask devices thats filters the air from mold?

Also i wondering, does hot climate's/temperatures not feeling worse? (more tired and fatigue)

19. OP
    debored13

debored13 Member

I dont think any filters are small enough to totally filter out mold and nanoparticles (which I've posted articles on them combining and becoming more pathogenic) I've tried a 3M mask w VOC cartridge, very small filter, only helped a little. Plus I dont think it's just about the absence of toxins, in good areas it may be about the presence of a healthy microbiome or magnetic field or something that makes for actively healing air.

20. berk

berk Member

ok, and do you think that toxic air is the the cause of all patients with cvs/me?