Homeless Guys Have Tons Of Hair

GorillaHead

broadly speaking, those that deal with chronically elevated blood sugar that's relatively stable seem to be in a better condition then those with low blood sugar and big blood sugar swings
I will say that in my experience all the type 1 disbetes people I know about 4. Have perfect hair. Mytonic dystrophy type 1 associated with AGA also has association with insulin issues and then there is pcos of course. But it can't just be stable blood sugar. Something else is going on.

A high blood glucose can be an adaptive response to maintain intracellular glucose levels adequate. If the tissues need glucose and the body doesn't elevate blood sugar to compensate, they become energy deficient.

Dr. B

I think it seems reasonable for the homeless to have good hair from what I've observed

1. They drink a lot of coffee (tends to be cheap)
2. They get in a lot of sun and are stress-free from a job or school
3. They tend to smoke, drink alcohol or do drugs (alcohol in moderate doses seems to do a good job of lowering serotonin for me and many of the drugs I see them do seem to also seem to oppose estrogen/serotonin)

I think for the most part they tend to have an unbothered digestion given I don't expect them to eat a lot and when they do eat - all of the other stuff they do tends to keep strong digestion and lowered serotonin/estrogen
dont they usually chill in the shade? I don't know that they would get significant sunlight, but maybe more so than the average office worker?
I think alcohol and potentially smoking would promote hair loss. im not sure about the coffee, but that seems believable they could get it cheaply I think some places like panera or others even offer it for free?
I thought one of the biggest reasons is they eat less, and drink less, which in today's environment the food/water supply is so toxic you're likely to increase the metabolic rate via eating less processed or toxic foods, less fluoridated/toxic water, then there is also the lack of healthcare which means no dental xrays or other xrays, no vaccines, no pharmaceutical drugs, that sort of thing. i think the coffee, moderate alcohol and smoking, and even sunlight are things that the average corporate worker is actually doing and getting. basically unless you have access to organic foods it may be safer to not eat or drink as much. maybe do what you can to get some calcium and some meat and get in the minimal amounts of protein, cheap sugar or honey or fruit for carbs.

Dr. B

broadly speaking, those that deal with chronically elevated blood sugar that's relatively stable seem to be in a better condition then those with low blood sugar and big blood sugar swings
I came to the same conclusion.
these are the types that have a lot of fat gain alongside the diabetes, not the skinny ones right?
Do you think it comes down to muscle mass, the overweight diabetes people, simply had or have enough muscle mass to where the body keeps turning it into sugar.
while the skinnier diabetes people, from what i've seen they look like they're skin and bone, like there is a serious lack of both muscle and fat, and I wonder if it's because they don't have muscle to convert to sugar, so they're running purely on fat, which is why visually they're thinner but seem to be much weaker and in a more critical condition?

GreekDemiGod

Could it be due to low body fat? How many of you guys who are losing hair are bellow 12% body fat? I started losing mine when I was trying to bulk up on gym and gained a lot of fat (mostly belly fat). I haven't lost that fat ever since (and don't really know how to do it without stress and lowering my metabolic rate).

We all know fat comes with estrogen, and everything else goes havoc when estrogen is abnormally high.

Of course, everyone is different and there are definitely exceptions, but I see this pattern everyday. Guys around my age (24) who are skinny still have all their hair, while the ones like me (beer belly/skinny fat type) have receding hairlines.

This is probably not the only factor into play. Bodybuilders lose their hair because of steroids. Some very very fat guys have a full head of hair (maybe so much estrogen that the body can't even handle it?). Also, you get fat when your metabolism is low, so maybe, in the end, it's all about metabolism?

Everyone knows that aging comes with getting fatter. The "dad body". And what else comes with aging? Baldness.

I'm probably wrong about this, but I've been thinking a lot about it lately and thought I could share it and see what you guys think.
That is definitely not the case. Saw plenty of people at 10% in the Keto / Carnivore communities who were dealing with hairloss / thinning.
David Beckham, another example, he was balding, I think he got a transplant. Was at a healthy bodyweight his entire life and still hairloss.

Dr. B

That is definitely not the case. Saw plenty of people at 10% in the Keto / Carnivore communities who were dealing with hairloss / thinning.
David Beckham, another example, he was balding, I think he got a transplant. Was at a healthy bodyweight his entire life and still hairloss.
with drug usage things change, people can be seemingly athletic, healthy and lean but balding due to the drug usage, like lebron, and maybe beckham as well.

Apple

Assuming homeless people drink alcohol :

There is a positive association between alcohol intake and IGFBP-3 levels. The significance of this finding is not clear, but it would tend to make bioavailable levels of IGF-I even lower in the highest category of alcohol intake.
It confirms Elephanto's theory of balding wrt IGF-1 : IGFBP-3

Assuming homeless people drink alcohol :

There is a positive association between alcohol intake and IGFBP-3 levels. The significance of this finding is not clear, but it would tend to make bioavailable levels of IGF-I even lower in the highest category of alcohol intake.
It confirms Elephanto's theory of balding wrt IGF-1 : IGFBP-3
Most of them do - at least in my country.

Last edited:
Sun, alcohol, grounding, walking, autonomy.
My thoughts exactly. Lot of homeless guys don’t even go to homeless shelters, because they have to follow strict rules there also - they rather get drunk on the streets. It’s a careless lifestyle.

Apple

I wonder if there were counter-arguments to his theory, on this forum.
It is imposible to prove or disprove anything , those studies are all contradictory.
IGF-1 is important for hair growth,
Low circulating IGF-1 levels have been associated with hair loss, but ...
In male scalp, high levels of IGF-1 may increase the androgen receptor activity and dihydrotestosterone levels and these result in an increased propensity for baldness.

334c

this thread i made may be a possible explanation

Sinjin

This phenomenon could well be caused by unintentional vitamin A detox.

The homeless probably have a low vitamin A diet to begin with. Alcohol and tobacco also breakdown Vitamin A:

Depleted hepatic vitamin A content has been reported in human alcoholics, an observation that has been confirmed in animal models of chronic alcohol consumption. Indeed, alcohol consumption has been associated with declines in hepatic levels of retinol (vitamin A), as well as retinyl ester and retinoic acid; collectively referred to as retinoids.
The Adverse Effects of Alcohol on Vitamin A Metabolism
After adjustment for dietary antioxidant intakes and other covariates, smokers and passive smokers had significantly lower plasma β-carotene concentrations than did nonsmokers (0.15, 0.17, and 0.24 μmol/L, respectively) and significantly higher γ-tocopherol concentrations (7.8, 7.8, and 6.5 μmol/L, respectively)

Smoking and exposure to environmental tobacco smoke decrease some plasma antioxidants and increase γ-tocopherol in vivo after adjustment for dietary antioxidant intakes

Balding is a scalp calcification issue, and vitamin A raises PTH and contributes to osteoporosis and calcification.

High doses of vitamin A are known to increase bone resorption through stimulation of lysosomal proteolytic activity, which also leads to increased secretion of PTH

Vitamin A influence on calcium metabolism and calcification
After multivariable adjustment, we still found a negative correlation between serum retinol and BMD, both at the lumbar spine (R = - 0.210; P < 0.01) and at the femoral neck (R = - 0.324, P < 0.001). It is concluded that elevated serum-retinol levels are associated with an increased risk of low bone mass and thus with osteoporotic fractures. Therefore, osteoporosis-risk assessment should include quantification of serum metabolite of vitamin A.

High Serum Retinol as a Relevant Contributor to Low Bone Mineral Density in Postmenopausal Osteoporotic Women

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

The homeless probably have a low vitamin A diet to begin with. Alcohol and tobacco also breakdown Vitamin A:
Nice sleuthing!

purple pill

Balding is a scalp calcification issue, and vitamin A raises PTH and contributes to osteoporosis and calcification.

I do think alcohol could play a beneficial role in vitamin A detox if taken in a controlled manner, study below shows supplemental zinc prevents liver injury from alcohol....
Zinc supplementation also prevented ethanol-induced decreases in glutathione concentration and glutathione peroxidase activity and increased glutathione
reductase activity in the liver. In conclusion, zinc supplementation prevents alcoholic liver injury in an metallothionein-independent manner by inhibiting
the generation of reactive oxygen species (P450 2E1) and enhancing the activity of antioxidant pathways

ADH is a zinc metalloenzyme, and removal of zinc from ADH led to a complete loss of its catalytic activity. Thus, the ethanol-induced zinc depletion is
most likely linked to the altered ethanol metabolic pathway, such that a shift from ADH to CYP2E1 results in oxidative stress. Zinc also plays an important
role in regulation of cellular glutathione (GSH) that is vital to cellular antioxidant defense.14 Therefore, the present study was undertaken to determine
whether dietary zinc supplementation can improve hepatic zinc status under chronic ethanol exposure, thereby preventing oxidative liver injury, and the
possible mechanisms by which zinc inhibits ethanol-induced oxidative stress, focusing on ethanol metabolic pathway and GSH-related antioxidants

zinc supplementation significantly inhibited ethanol-induced ALT elevation

Hepatic TNF-α levels were also increased by ethanol exposure, which was abrogated by zinc

The results obtained demonstrated that dietary zinc supplementation prevented ethanol-induced zinc decrease in the liver and inhibited ethanol-induced
oxidative liver injury
. The suppression of ethanol-induced oxidative injury by zinc supplementation most likely resulted from inhibition of ROS, in
particular, superoxide accumulation.

The decrease in zinc concentrations in the liver is one of the most consistent observations in alcoholic patients and animal models of alcoholic liver
injury.1–3 The consequence of zinc depletion has not been well understood, although it has been suggested that zinc deficiency contributes to the
pathogenesis of liver disease study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1602418/
thoughts @charlie @mosaic01 @InChristAlone @orangebear ?? drinking alcohol is as old as time, have the benefits perhaps been lost to us due to an overload of toxins, low zinc and other minerals, and other assaults on the liver. Pubs have always been the pillars of communities as long as i've known but in the past 10-20 years they've mostly been replaced by coffee shops or the pubs that do remain are typically filled with anti-social people or just "old timers". Is there maybe a place for pure spirits in the low toxin diet as detox aid?

orangebear

I do think alcohol could play a beneficial role in vitamin A detox if taken in a controlled manner, study below shows supplemental zinc prevents liver injury from alcohol....

thoughts @charlie @mosaic01 @InChristAlone @orangebear ?? drinking alcohol is as old as time, have the benefits perhaps been lost to us due to an overload of toxins, low zinc and other minerals, and other assaults on the liver. Pubs have always been the pillars of communities as long as i've known but in the past 10-20 years they've mostly been replaced by coffee shops or the pubs that do remain are typically filled with anti-social people or just "old timers". Is there maybe a place for pure spirits in the low toxin diet as detox aid?
I imagine ethanol would put a burden on a lot of the same systems as retinol. After all, they are both alcohols and need to go through the same enzymes to break down. I’m not entirely sure but I generally don’t do well on alcohol so I rarely ever drink these days. I don’t know if zinc would make it better or not.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals