Homeless Guys Have Tons Of Hair

Ableton

vit d deficiency is certainly the only cause I can think of where hair loss "makes sense" from an evolutionary perspective

but again, we should have data on this, right?
would we not know if construction workers, gardeners etc. have more hair on average than people working office jobs?

Ableton

do you think all those bald guys who just move on have many anxiety triggers? I doubt it

Ableton

you clearly do not understand me. I account for lookism as a powerful force in everday life, based of my own experiences. This actually allows me to be less lookist in practice, because I am aware of it, unlike most. I am the guy here who "defends" baldies like myself who manage to move on in life despite having this penalty on their appearance, lol. most people even here do not even seem to be able to recognize an otherwise clearly healthy and good looking man if he is past nw 2,5.
I am sure you are aware of it too, given you post in hair loss forums and are taking steroids, which, guess what, most people who experience hair loss do not do.

I made a valid anecdotal point (this whole thread is anecdotal btw), you go ad hominem again. Just stick to the topic, I let go of our other argument as well.

GorillaHead

it could be vitamin D... there's an interesting thread on RAAS and hair loss that's been trending.

https://www.onlinejacc.org/content/58/15/1547.figures-only

first figure is nice. I need to start recommending PTH bloodworks instead of quasi useless serum 25(OH)D

F1.large.jpg

My old thread discusses this as a large possibility, the fact that lower UV areas are way more bald. But there could be vitamin D receptor defeciency

Ya i beleive it works but it doesnt solve the issue. And its effect is very miniscule.

All my hair research today is focused on one thing blood flow. Imo its a simple as that. Lack of blood flow. I am trying to elucidate the cause. Fats, chronic vessel constriction. But i believe the fact both minoxidil and spiro work through potassium efflux tells us something very important.
it could be vitamin D... there's an interesting thread on RAAS and hair loss that's been trending.

https://www.onlinejacc.org/content/58/15/1547.figures-only

first figure is nice. I need to start recommending PTH bloodworks instead of quasi useless serum 25(OH)D

F1.large.jpg
Also they're getting more red and infrared radiation which helps the mitochondira to produce ATP. I've never seen a homeless person complain of fatigue lol.

mrchibbs

I could never get into Kruse’s work. Far to arrogant for my liking. Anybody that portrays those kind of traits is blinded by pride IMO

I had the same impression. At some point he said Ray's conclusions were invalid because he ''doesn't consider the effect of environmental radiation of the physiology...'' or something along those lines. At that point, I sort of realized what sort of character I was dealing with.

He's got good ideas, but much of his good ideas follows Ray's

wavelength123

Well I always block out what I don't like from someone and focus on what's interesting / what I don't know. No one holds the ultimate truth to anything but he makes me consider scientific ideas that I never questioned much before listening to his talks. So yeah he's mega arrogant but I deal with it.

edit - his take is actually fairly accurate and consistent with what we debate here THE “NOT SO HARD” TRUTH ABOUT HAIR LOSS - Dr. Jack Kruse

I expected more blue light blabber! Dhea, preg/prog, thyroid, minerals, low insulin.

Last edited:

PaRa

Kruse is full of lipofuscin tho
Don’t think keto is the way to go
Guys doesn’t recover hair by going low carb

Sugar (ie fruits, honey and maple syrup)
low PUFAs Animal foods (dairies, eggs, grassfed meat and organs, gelatin, shellfishes)

Magnesium, E, K, salt and sunlight

Fruits (Potassium and sucrose) are less insulogenic than starches and sugar keeps thyroid on boat

So basically avoiding Inflammatory antinutrients, grains, useless veggies, fibers and PUFAs

Going by our taste bud and pre big ag foods
Problem imo is that satiety is really hard to reach that way because sugar nor fats can’t make me full IME, contrary to starches

Last edited:

rei

Today i came across a thread at reddit which answers this thread once and for all. Amazing this has not been presented on this forum.

Alcohol Intoxication Increases Allopregnanolone Levels in Female Adolescent Humans

This is the conclusive evidence i needed for understanding the mechanism of action here, and with cannabis (another controversial topic with a popular thread recently). Both reliably and powerfully raise allopregnenolone levels, and have had exceptional effect in turning my health around. With cannabis the medicinal effect is obvious and not even denied any longer by mainstream. But i argue that if non-biased studies are done on ethanol, with medicinal dosing, with the purest forms (96%) it will be found to have completely un-suspected medical properties, like cannabis.

To give a direct answer to the topic of this thread: get yourself some allopregnenolone, use it topically on scalp, and see the hair return. Or distill yourself some quality moonshine, vodka you find in stores at consumer pricing is incredibly impure and not optimal for medicinal use.

rei

As has been mentioned in many threads here, topical progesterone can in some cases completely cure baldness. The effectiveness might be dependent on how readily you convert progesterone to allopregenolone. Not as was theorized to be from estrogen antagonism.

Interestingly, the conversion efficiency is greatly affected by 5-ar activity. So people with high DHT might benefit more from progesterone.

Last edited:

GreekDemiGod

To give a direct answer to the topic of this thread: get yourself some allopregnenolone, use it topically on scalp, and see the hair return. Or distill yourself some quality moonshine, vodka you find in stores at consumer pricing is incredibly impure and not optimal for medicinal use.
Wait, so "just rub your hair in alcohol theory", right?

rei

Thank you for doing the obvious work, what is the hard and relevant part to find is the curve for varying alcohol concentrations. You would not put pure ethanol on your head unless you wanted to remove the hair ;)

mrchibbs

Thank you for doing the obvious work, what is the hard and relevant part to find is the curve for varying alcohol concentrations. You would not put pure ethanol on your head unless you wanted to remove the hair ;)

For topical solution it's usually a mix of ethanol and distilled water. It would be good to have a member with skills in chemistry to chime in and help with a formula.

I'm not necessarily convinced that allo is the solution because as far as I know finasteride prevents conversion of progesterone into its metabolites, but there is no harm in trying, and I think topical solutions with ethanol show a lot of promise.