Homeless Guys Have Tons Of Hair

purple pill

I imagine ethanol would put a burden on a lot of the same systems as retinol. After all, they are both alcohols and need to go through the same enzymes to break down. I’m not entirely sure but I generally don’t do well on alcohol so I rarely ever drink these days. I don’t know if zinc would make it better or not.
Makes sense. I don't do well on alcohol either these days. I have a tonne of good quality vodka collecting dust though, i'll maybe try incorporate the occasional small amount along with upping zinc to see if there's anything value to it, probably useless without bloodtests for liver markers and retinol but ya never know.

Dr. B

This phenomenon could well be caused by unintentional vitamin A detox.

The homeless probably have a low vitamin A diet to begin with. Alcohol and tobacco also breakdown Vitamin A:

Balding is a scalp calcification issue, and vitamin A raises PTH and contributes to osteoporosis and calcification.

What is the calcium vitamin A connection? Does A reduce the potential of calcium itself to cause calcification? Since the fatty milk products contain calcium and A together

What other things break down A? Vitamin D supplements, dietary calcium? I get side effects from A suppmenents as low as 3000IU daily. But I don’t get the same side effects from 2 quarts whole milk which has the same amount of A. It must be that the A in grass fed milk is safer or maybe the pasteurization process makes it safer compared to the supplement version. I dont really want to give up the milk for its benefits plus it also provides some good naturally occurring K2. I dont eat liver or other A foods, also i supplement D3 but only 1000IU a day.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I do think alcohol could play a beneficial role in vitamin A detox if taken in a controlled manner, study below shows supplemental zinc prevents liver injury from alcohol....
This was tried in the early days of the low toxin movement and was put aside. The liver will dump the "vitamin A" from the liver when drinking alcohol, but guess where it goes? Right back into your blood and body. Not a good deal.

JDreamer

This phenomenon could well be caused by unintentional vitamin A detox.

The homeless probably have a low vitamin A diet to begin with. Alcohol and tobacco also breakdown Vitamin A:

Balding is a scalp calcification issue, and vitamin A raises PTH and contributes to osteoporosis and calcification.

My father is a lifelong smoker and major alcoholic. He's been damn near bald for 25 years now.