Home-squeezed orange juice - working

aquaman

Just this last week I finally got round to picking up a box of juicing oranges (100 oranges) from a local fruit/veg shop - it worked out at £0.14 per orange, and so 1 litre / quart costs me about £2.00 (takes about 14 oranges for 1 litre), which is cheaper than crappy store-bought "freshly squeezed" orange juice in UK. The store uses them for juicing, so they are nicely ripe.

I've noticed my sinuses are less inflamed in the mornings (much easier to breathe through nose), and my extremity temps are up too.

So it seems to have made an impact.

It also tastes 100 times better.

It's worth finding a fruit wholesaler if you can!

Stilgar

Interesting and helpful inspiration! :)

What do you think the connection with clearing sinuses is? Does Ray mention this somewhere?

Mittir

Stilgar said:
Interesting and helpful inspiration! :)

What do you think the connection with clearing sinuses is? Does Ray mention this somewhere?

RP mentioned in KMUD Dementia interview that naringenin and hesperetin in
orange are aromatase inhibitor. I have read that vitamin C lowers histamine .
Here is a quote from RP's article on naringenin and naringnin
Ray peat said:
Orange juice contains the antiinflammatory chemicals naringin and naringenin, which protect against endotoxin by suppressing the formation of nitric oxide and prostaglandins (Shiratori, et al., 2005). Source: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2137

Philomath

Detailed info on the chemical /flavone make-up of various oranges and orange juice. Not what you would expect!
http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6380