Holding My Breath Stops My Hair Shedding

ddjd

I've been experimenting the last few days with raising my co2 levels by holding my breath for around 1-2 minutes at a time. It might take 5-10 times of doing this until my nose airways are completely clear and I can truely feel the benefits of good co2 levels, -lowering nitric oxide, estrogen, cortisol, adrenaline etc.

But an added bonus is that i've noticed my hair isn't shedding like it always does, my cortisol belly is now flat, feet and hands warm, more energy, and a much calmer feeling myself.

I would encourage everyone to try holding your breath for prolonged periods during stressful times. I know some people say it will raise stress as you become desperate for air but my experience is completely the opposite, a staggering reduction in the stressed state.

maybe we don't need all of these supplements, maybe we just need to learn to breathe properly.

Elie

Forum Supporter
Can you actually describe how you do this? There are diffeeent techniques out there. How do you do this?

griesburner

really interesting experience but i think i am the opposite. Holding my breath increases anxiety instantly and i dont know how far i can go. But if holding your breath would be beneficial why is sleep apnea then so dangerous? Or copd where poeple cant breath as much. And then wouldnt a smaller nose or nose airways be an evolutionary advantage? And what about the brain damage associated with freedivers?

Sunny Jack

That is interesting. I have often found that holding my breath can mute depressing/anxious thoughts during times of high stress, and that breathing makes them come flooding back. I do this instinctively, and I think breath holding is a recognised stress response, though generally held to be negative by the mainstream.

Perhaps I will now try consciously holding my breath to allow CO2 build up. It makes sense, as it is the opposite of hyperventilation, which is stressful. Thanks for the suggestion! So in your opinion it is the stress reducing effect of holding your breath that is responsible for the physical benefits (flat belly, more energy, hair benefits) that you have experienced?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Can you actually describe how you do this? There are diffeeent techniques out there. How do you do this?
its pretty straightforward! There's two options, filling your lungs and holding or exhaling everything and then holding. Obviously if you exhale and then hold you can only do it for around a quarter to half the time.

i think it depends on what situation you're in. if you're at work or tricky social situtations and need to lower stress levels quickly, the exhale first and then hold for 30 seconds method seems to work well.

But if ive got some time to relax and lie down and i feel more benefits from a full lung inhale and try to hold for around 2 minutes. Do it 2/3 times back to back and you just feel calmness wash over you, warmth in hands and feet, and any blocked nose airways completely clear.

i dont think anything else has had such a big impact on lowering stress levels so immediately

Inaut

I’ve noticed something similar when practicing breath holding (in terms of stress relief).

I try and hold my breath after I’ve exhaled air from the lungs. Read it a while ago...some Buddhist technique or something. Can only make it about a minute before gasping for air

Elie

Forum Supporter
its pretty straightforward! There's two options, filling your lungs and holding or exhaling everything and then holding. Obviously if you exhale and then hold you can only do it for around a quarter to half the time.

i think it depends on what situation you're in. if you're at work or tricky social situtations and need to lower stress levels quickly, the exhale first and then hold for 30 seconds method seems to work well.

But if ive got some time to relax and lie down and i feel more benefits from a full lung inhale and try to hold for around 2 minutes. Do it 2/3 times back to back and you just feel calmness wash over you, warmth in hands and feet, and any blocked nose airways completely clear.

i dont think anything else has had such a big impact on lowering stress levels so immediately
Thanks!

Aymen

hey @Joeyd , in summer when i go to swim i always take a deep breath and then i stay underwater for 30-60 secondes , i wonder if this activity is good or not at increasing CO2 ?
after doing it i feel relaxed and more mentally focused .

jet9

I had positive results when testing sleeping with taped mouth.
(I don’t have problem breathing via nose, but I believe I switch to mouth breathing at night)

lampofred

You have discovered one of the most prized secrets of ancient Indian yogic knowledge. It sounds so simple and too unbelievable to be true, but retaining a full breath of air for as long as you can reverses literally every single health issue. It acts like thyroid/CO2 to break up atherosclerosis, fix your mineral balance, lower serotonin, increase NAD production, induce mitochondrial biogenesis, increase progesterone/testosterone and decrease estrogen, etc.

Inaut

You have discovered one of the most prized secrets of ancient Indian yogic knowledge. It sounds so simple and too unbelievable to be true, but retaining a full breath of air for as long as you can reverses literally every single health issue. It acts like thyroid/CO2 to break up atherosclerosis, fix your mineral balance, lower serotonin, increase NAD production, induce mitochondrial biogenesis, increase progesterone/testosterone and decrease estrogen, etc.
I like :) :)

I think it also helps by re-training diaphragmatic breathing....and feels damn good

Aymen

did you just answered my question :) ?

A.R

I've been experimenting the last few days with raising my co2 levels by holding my breath for around 1-2 minutes at a time. It might take 5-10 times of doing this until my nose airways are completely clear and I can truely feel the benefits of good co2 levels, -lowering nitric oxide, estrogen, cortisol, adrenaline etc.

But an added bonus is that i've noticed my hair isn't shedding like it always does, my cortisol belly is now flat, feet and hands warm, more energy, and a much calmer feeling myself.

I would encourage everyone to try holding your breath for prolonged periods during stressful times. I know some people say it will raise stress as you become desperate for air but my experience is completely the opposite, a staggering reduction in the stressed state.

maybe we don't need all of these supplements, maybe we just need to learn to breathe properly.
Have you read much into the buteyko method? If so, what is your current control pause? I struggle to do even 10 seconds ATM!

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Have you read much into the buteyko method? If so, what is your current control pause? I struggle to do even 10 seconds ATM!
That's a pretty terrible sign of health I think if you can't do ten seconds. No I need to do more research into buteyko

A.R

That's a pretty terrible sign of health I think if you can't do ten seconds. No I need to do more research into buteyko
I agree. I need to stop being lazy and practice my breathing more. Like you said, it seems just too easy to believe that just breathing properly can help so dramatically.

lvysaur

Do you take a big breath and hold it, or do you just stop breathing at a normal volume of air?

Scenes

Old thread I know - @ddjd @lampofred how do you hold for 2 mins? Best I can get is about 1 min and that feels like I'm desperate to breathe. Are you supposed to push to the point of extreme air hunger?

lampofred

Old thread I know - @ddjd @lampofred how do you hold for 2 mins? Best I can get is about 1 min and that feels like I'm desperate to breathe. Are you supposed to push to the point of extreme air hunger?

I'm pretty wary about Buteyko if that's what you mean by air hunger. I think holding breath after exhaling might cause lipid peroxidation and increase lipofuscin. I was referring to holding a full inhaled breath of air, and I never force it to extremes. I think as calcification goes down your holding time goes up. Relaxing all your muscles before you inhale can also make a big difference sometimes but in the long-run I think it's related to how much calcification there exists in your body.

Scenes

I'm pretty wary about Buteyko if that's what you mean by air hunger. I think holding breath after exhaling might cause lipid peroxidation and increase lipofuscin. I was referring to holding a full inhaled breath of air, and I never force it to extremes. I think as calcification goes down your holding time goes up. Relaxing all your muscles before you inhale can also make a big difference sometimes but in the long-run I think it's related to how much calcification there exists in your body.
So you just take a large breath (more than a standard breath) and hold until it starts to feel uncomfortable?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals