Hives Are Now Part Of My Life

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5487

There has been a week of hives, steroids did not knock them out. Nor does benadryl.

They left my face/neck and left dry flaky skin.

Now they migrated to under my knees, and belt line lightly up my back.

They won't go away.

Does anyone have suggestions.

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

What are you eating?

The same foods as always. They appeared one morning after a heavy sprinting session.

I don't know if I wrecked my immune system or or serious endotoxin absorption.

saene

I had a bad bout of hives i think as a skin reaction to lapodin, but i think they were brought out by underlying histamine issues which only got better after i went starch free, may try dietary modifications and make sure you have adequate b vitamins

SOMO

Hives, besides throat swelling/difficulty breathing, are probably the most classic "allergic" symptoms.

It's likely that when you went jogging you kicked up some pollen or mold spores in the soil or made contact with plant toxins of some sort.

Try both a topical and internal approach:
-Topical (coconut oil/olive oil/zinc oxide/lanolin/Vitamin A)
-Internally (Charcoal, NAG, glycine, white rice.)

Maybe keep your windows closed at home too, so you don't keep reacting to possible airborne irritants, both natural and manmade.
Allergic reactions are supposed to be short-acting, not chronic, so if it's been more than 24 hours it's definitely possible you're reacting to the environment instead of something dietary.

LUH 3417

Hives, besides throat swelling/difficulty breathing, are probably the most classic "allergic" symptoms.

It's likely that when you went jogging you kicked up some pollen or mold spores in the soil or made contact with plant toxins of some sort.

Try both a topical and internal approach:
-Topical (coconut oil/olive oil/zinc oxide/lanolin/Vitamin A)
-Internally (Charcoal, NAG, glycine, white rice.)

Maybe keep your windows closed at home too, so you don't keep reacting to possible airborne irritants, both natural and manmade.
Allergic reactions are supposed to be short-acting, not chronic, so if it's been more than 24 hours it's definitely possible you're reacting to the environment instead of something dietary.
I think ray has said something about environmental allergies being secondary to food allergies. I don’t know the exact quote but what I got from reading it was that you’d only react to an allergen in the environment if you had some sort of chronic negative response to a food, with the environmental allergen being the straw that broke the camels back

shepherdgirl

I had hives, I think from dmso. The only things that seemed to help were topical progesterone and honey. Hope you feel better!

SOMO

I think ray has said something about environmental allergies being secondary to food allergies. I don’t know the exact quote but what I got from reading it was that you’d only react to an allergen in the environment if you had some sort of chronic negative response to a food, with the environmental allergen being the straw that broke the camels back

I believe I heard RP say the same thing in a podcast and he's probably correct. For me personally, I don't really have any food I "react to" anymore (including soy, including dairy and yogurt, including nuts/seeds,) but I definitely still have environmental toxins I react to including women's perfume, cleaning products and the airborne plant matter left over after cutting the lawn. If I'm out riding a bike and someone is cutting their lawn, and I get some of the particulate matter in my eye, my eye will swell up and remain itchy for many hours. I just wear sunglasses when I ride my bike or exercise outdoors. I have no such reaction with anything in my diet.

However, I am still unable to eat wheat or gluten without a negative physical reaction (acne). Food is still an "environmental" toxin IMO. (My environmental allergies are extremely mild btw, it does not affect my ability to perform daily tasks.) If reacting to environmental toxins can be repaired completely with diet, I'm not sure how much benefit I'd receive by further adjusting diet because my allergies are so mild (and I definitely do not want to take any more supplements or antihistamines.)
As long as a person avoids the most damaging foods and lives in harmony within their environment, they should be able to live through largely unscathed from exogenous toxins, pathogenic microbes, etc.

Allergies can definitely be lessened by diet, but can they be completely reversed?

Last edited:

Energizer

There has been a week of hives, steroids did not knock them out. Nor does benadryl.

They left my face/neck and left dry flaky skin.

Now they migrated to under my knees, and belt line lightly up my back.

They won't go away.

Does anyone have suggestions.

When I was a child I had asthma, constipation, and chronic allergies including frequent hive breakouts, in other words, hypothyroidism. Allergies are exacerbated by endotoxin and estrogen. For me a thyroid supplement eliminated the childhood sickness I had. In the short term, benadryl reduced symptoms.

Wolf

L theanine, OJ with baking soda, b1/2/3, small amounts of diphenhydramine >10mg, limiting histamine containing foods for a bit, avoiding egcg(tea), and avoiding phenylethylamine(if you're somehow eating chocolate and smoking).
And salt to help metabolism and elimination. I got hives from being a bit overzealous with pea and boosting dopamine. Comt needs to be active and working.

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

I had a bad bout of hives i think as a skin reaction to lapodin, but i think they were brought out by underlying histamine issues which only got better after i went starch free, may try dietary modifications and make sure you have adequate b vitamins

I did have alot of white rice after running that night.
I also had starch last night white rice and Naan Bread. I was misreable this morning in bowels on the way to the Dermatologist.

She just prescribed me a cream and and Strong antihistamine, forget it's name its at the pharmacy. Also another oral steriod, which I will not be taking.

I believe I need to stop consuming starch.

I have like 6 pimples(never had before) and the hives are starting to reside.

I believe my hormones are messed up, hopefully they normalize. My hair is weak and shedding more than normal, pimples, and hives.

All caused overnight in a acute episode. Crazy how fragile health is.

fradon

I did have alot of white rice after running that night.
I also had starch last night white rice and Naan Bread. I was misreable this morning in bowels on the way to the Dermatologist.

She just prescribed me a cream and and Strong antihistamine, forget it's name its at the pharmacy. Also another oral steriod, which I will not be taking.

I believe I need to stop consuming starch.

I have like 6 pimples(never had before) and the hives are starting to reside.

I believe my hormones are messed up, hopefully they normalize. My hair is weak and shedding more than normal, pimples, and hives.

All caused overnight in a acute episode. Crazy how fragile health is.

CRH is believed to be an important cause of acne, psoriasis, eczema, alopecia areata, skin tumors and hives (urticaria) [R].

read this:

The Role of CRH: Why Your Health Problems Worsen After Stress - Selfhacked

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals