Hit zinc / copper rda everyday or can I just eat a lot of it twice a week (some oysters) and the body stores it?

youngsinatra

Morley Robbins did mentioned something on this matter in one of the latest podcasts on MITOLIFE Radio. ("Episode 118 - Why We Need To Consume Copper Daily with Morley Robbins")
I think he said that 90% of the copper gets depleted every day or something a long those lines. The episode was quite informative, even though I take everything that Morley says with a grain of skepticism - I highly disagree with him on calcium and vitamin D, but has other valuable informations.

RWilly

I'm thinking oysters are probably not a great source of bioavailable copper because of the high zinc content.

SamuraiJack

The body can't actually store zinc. Apparently after a day or so the stores will be depleted, we have to continously take it in. Not the same for copper though.

RWilly

The body can't actually store zinc. Apparently after a day or so the stores will be depleted, we have to continously take it in. Not the same for copper though.

There is zinc in various tissues, like skeletal muscle. And, in hereditary hemochromatosis, there is often accumulated zinc in the liver. Hepatic zinc in hemochromatosis - PubMed

Metalothioniens are also a form of zinc storage.

And, the body is able to reabsorb a lot of the used zinc.

SamuraiJack

There is zinc in various tissues, like skeletal muscle. And, in hereditary hemochromatosis, there is often accumulated zinc in the liver. Hepatic zinc in hemochromatosis - PubMed

Metalothioniens are also a form of zinc storage.

And, the body is able to reabsorb a lot of the used zinc.

Interesting - although that first study is relative to those with hemochromatosis, not everyone.
Zinc is absolutely vital across every body system. It's turnover and usage is obviously very high. From what I know, the body can't store it for future usage as the body doesn't have the mechanisms to do so. Either that or the body's daily need for it is so high (Dr Berg touched on this). But will be stored in areas where it's needed but can't perhaps be pulled from, i.e semen.
Overdosing with it with a supp is a different matter - in that case the liver/muscles could store the excess, if not rapidly excreted in the urine/bowels.

youngsinatra

Interesting - although that first study is relative to those with hemochromatosis, not everyone.
Zinc is absolutely vital across every body system. It's turnover and usage is obviously very high. From what I know, the body can't store it for future usage as the body doesn't have the mechanisms to do so. Either that or the body's daily need for it is so high (Dr Berg touched on this). But will be stored in areas where it's needed but can't perhaps be pulled from, i.e semen.
Overdosing with it with a supp is a different matter - in that case the liver/muscles could store the excess, if not rapidly excreted in the urine/bowels.
I agree, Chris Masterjohn also mentioned in one of his blog posts, that zinc should be supplied on a daily basis, because of the high turnover and usage.
Eating zinc-rich foods on a daily seem like a good idea for me. I don't really like to mess with the metal supplements and get those metallic minerals by whole-food sources. (red meat and liver mainly)

OP
M

Motif

Morley Robbins did mentioned something on this matter in one of the latest podcasts on MITOLIFE Radio. ("Episode 118 - Why We Need To Consume Copper Daily with Morley Robbins")
I think he said that 90% of the copper gets depleted every day or something a long those lines. The episode was quite informative, even though I take everything that Morley says with a grain of skepticism - I highly disagree with him on calcium and vitamin D, but has other valuable informations.
If that’s the case a deficiency would be solved in one day ??‍♂️
I don’t think so

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals