Histidine maybe decreases Prolactin?

stsfut

3D8CB744-4467-4572-92AB-8860613ADB89.png

DrJ

@stsfut Your article is also interesting in the context of this one that was posted which found histidine levels were lower in men with androgenic alopecia (and Ray says prolactin is involved in this):

Gustav3Y

I find it interesting how estradiol and or prolactin is sometimes called the culprit in men, yet it is the females that could have these hormones high for a long periods of life.
Prolactin, goes as far as some getting highly stressed out that they have ejaculated and now their prolactin would be higher for 30minutes or a couple of hours and this would lead to them having androgenic alopecia.

I know several females that have breast fed for years and they still have all their hair on their heads, these females had high levels of Prolactin to be able to breast feed.
They are careful to avoid "anti-lactation" foods.
One of them I would even consider to have at the age of 45 excellent hair and hair line, and she breast fed continuously her only son for 6 years.

On the other hand a female friend that had high prolactin and was solved quickly with appropriate medicamentation, never had children but her hair is rather shedding before having the prolactin issue and after fixing the prolactin issue. Not androgenic alopecia, but well hair issue.

Why would females that breast feed for long periods of times and have high prolactin and low progesteron not lose their hair I do not know, but surely there are some that report hair thinning and shedding after giving birth even without breast feeding.

DrJ

@Gustav3Y Just throwing out an idea, but it could be progesterone, sort of like you mention. Pregnant women produce a LOT of progesterone, and Ray has said that more children -> more progesterone -> longer fertile years / slower aging. Your friend with no children and bad hair would support that. It's sort of folk-wisdom that women tend to have shinier, nicer hair during pregnancy. FPHL is relatively rare, but MPHL is not and men don't have much progesterone to offer hair protection.

lampofred

Anything that increases wakefulness will lower prolactin but histamine fundamentally destabilizes your body. It increases arrogance too so the more you go in the wrong direction the more confident in yourself you become. Not saying that in a moralistic way, that is just its biological action.

dukesbobby777

Anything that increases wakefulness will lower prolactin but histamine fundamentally destabilizes your body. It increases arrogance too so the more you go in the wrong direction the more confident in yourself you become. Not saying that in a moralistic way, that is just its biological action.

I don’t remember becoming arrogant when I used to take mofafinil. It was just stressful energy. Taking an anti-histamine wouldn’t cure somebody of arrogance would it?

DrJ

Never heard that before. Where did you find it?

Gustav3Y

@Gustav3Y Just throwing out an idea, but it could be progesterone, sort of like you mention. Pregnant women produce a LOT of progesterone, and Ray has said that more children -> more progesterone -> longer fertile years / slower aging. Your friend with no children and bad hair would support that. It's sort of folk-wisdom that women tend to have shinier, nicer hair during pregnancy. FPHL is relatively rare, but MPHL is not and men don't have much progesterone to offer hair protection.
Yes pregnant women will have alot of progesterone, but after giving birth they will have none, and their prolactin will be high and continue to be high as long as they breastfeed.
Progesterone is so low after giving birth that getting back to menstrual cycle will take a bit of time, until progesterone gets to decent levels.
Now of course different females difference breast feeding session lengths, different number of months, etc. which is a a whole another talk.
Yeah I would agree that there is a sort of folk talk regarding good hair for pregnant women, not sure how that still stands in the new agitated and stressful world of today.

Gustav3Y

I would guess this does not apply linearly to people if this actually is a thing stimulated by histamine.

Gustav3Y

Interesting some anti-histamines appear to increase prolactin.

Histamine H2-receptor blockade is known to stimulate prolactin secretion

Ironically proton pump inhibitors are know to raise prolactin in some, which they kind of replaced the H2-receptor antagonists which also seem to raise prolactin in some.
Basically two different class of drugs for the same medical condition which can potentially both raise prolactin.
It does not work identical for all people, which is another very interesting thing (mainly talking about proton pump inhibitors), what exactly makes one person more open to these sides effects than the other person.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals