Hillary Clinton "goes To Sleep"

jaguar43

answersfound said:
post 116205
Zachs said:
narouz said:
post 116183
kiran said:
The war against ISIS will certainly not be won by feel good press releases.

Obama has not indulged in "feel good press releases" about the war on ISIS.
Though imperfect,
his handling of the very complex and difficult issue
has been pretty reality-based and has avoided getting more Americans killed and maimed.
That cool realism is not very satisfying to our understandable hunger for vengeance.
However, it is realistic.

What is truly "feel good press" are the barking pronouncements of Trump, Cruz, and most of the other Republicans.

Trump is going to "bomb the sh*t out of them."
(Oh yeah...some deep thinking there for sure.)

Cruz is going to "carpet bomb" them "until the sand glows."
(Yahoo! Oh, wait: carpet bombing kinda went out with Vietnam, Dresden, and Tokyo.
ISIS is embedded within civilians in cities and towns; Cruz is gonna carpet bomb entire Syrian cities?)

Those are the real "feel good press releases."
Well...at least it makes Trump and Cruz feel good.
And it drives their frothing followers absolutely bats**t crazy with delight.

Hot. Stupid. Air.

And it in no way aligns with Peat's political leanings.

Great post. Some republicans are so radical now, I fear for my safety.

As for the "they're gunna take er guns!!", can anyone tell me what gun laws have changed since Obama has been president? As a law abiding citizen, I am still able to aquire a hand gun and ammo extremely easy as of this year. The only thing I have really noticed is ammo prices skyrocketing because of NRA propoganda of shortages and extreme gun law reform.

Also I'll take the cost of living pay increases, massively high stock market, massively low job unemployment, really strong dollar and lowest gas prices in like 20 years. Seriously, I have no idea what people are talking about when they harshly criticize Obama's presidency.

You fear for your safety because of radical Republicans? How about all the mass shootings that have happened under Obama? And the shooting in San Bernandino that Trump basically forecasted. (The ability to predict the future is indicative a strong metabolism). And ******* Obama is out playing golf, pumping his fist like everything's all good. What the hell is wrong with that picture?

Let's stop blaming the guns and start blaming the individuals that have compromised metabolisms and go crazy. A concept ALL Peatarians should be able to grasp completely.

Trump is EXACTLY what this country needs right now and Peatarians should agree. Or even Rand Paul. If Rand Paul was president, raw milk would be legalized everywhere. Trump is close with Alex Jones who is highly aware of the detrimental BPA, SSRI's, GMO's and fluoride. ALL which are acknowledged as threats to ones' wellbeing in THIS community. Yea, life is nice if you know about all these dangers and know how to avoid them, but 99.99% of Americans are unaware of these poisons that are in their food supply, destroying their health, making Obama a criminal. Rather than implement preventative measures to restore people's health, he creates Obama care designed to suck more money out of people's pockets or otherwise be fined, in the name of being a hero, "providing health care to everyone." This only encourages the exact system that Peatarians stand against. No, I'm not saying that all these problems will go away with a Trump presidency, but atleast he is more AWARE of how much of a disaster the current medical system is. You get absolutely no hope for these types of changes with a Democratic candidate. The serotenergic state is becoming rampant, and it makes for a scary world to live in. And without any significant intervention, we only will get more of it in the coming decades. This is not about unemployment rates, gas prices, the stock market, etc. I mean are you insane? That's how you define a successful presidency? Gimme a break. Those numbers are all easily manipulated to create the illusion that everything is working. They play you like a fiddle. How about the overall sentiment of our country? The trust we have in our government to improve our lives? The feeling of safety that you mention. Go look at comments on Instagram and Facebook. Look at how people bicker and argue over meaningless issues like Justin Bieber, and cannot step back and see the big picture. The system is designed to keep you thinking small. I can't stand people thinking the government has their back and everything is all jolly. Especially when you know what is going on as a member of this community. When we jump on the Trump train, it's not because we necessarily love his antics or like the insults, it because we know he is the best candidate to get some real improvements in this county. It's an ackowledgememt that the current system is slowly destroying the country and a hope to get things in the right direction. Not more of the same garbage you would get with Hillary or Bernie.

LETS MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

#TRUMP2016

Rand Paul wants to do away with medicare, medicaid, social security, there is debate between Bernie Sanders and rand paul. Here he is equating single pay health care to slavery !!! He is an absolute joke.

Donald Trump on the other hand, actually believes in single pay health care, medicare, medicaid, and more funding for social security. So you support trump, but you don't support his views on health care ?

Your anti-government rhetoric is not completely true. Corporations buy government officials to vote in their favor. Here is a quote by Ray Peat....

Political scientists have recognized the process in which big corporations "capture" the governmental agencies that were created to regulate them. The editorial boards of professional journals can be captured even more cheaply than the agencies of government, and their influence can be even more valuable to industry.

If science impinges upon the plans of an industry, it can be managed into compliance, when the industry controls the journals and the agencies that fund research.

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/vitamin-e.shtml

So really, its the corporations causing massive amount of dis information by capturing government agencies. I am reminded of a scandal in the 1950's when a whole generation of women were given the diuretic thalidomide during pregnancy. Causing low birth weight, birth defects, epilepsy.This "trend" went from the U.S western Germany, Australia, England. Interestingly enough, when they tried to give it to people in East Germany. The authorities did not approve of it's use.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
A

answersfound

jag2594 said:
post 116218
answersfound said:
post 116205
Zachs said:
narouz said:
post 116183
kiran said:

Though imperfect,
has been pretty reality-based and has avoided getting more Americans killed and maimed.
That cool realism is not very satisfying to our understandable hunger for vengeance.

What is truly "feel good press" are the barking pronouncements of Trump, Cruz, and most of the other Republicans.

(Yahoo! Oh, wait: carpet bombing kinda went out with Vietnam, Dresden, and Tokyo.
ISIS is embedded within civilians in cities and towns; Cruz is gonna carpet bomb entire Syrian cities?)

Hot. Stupid. Air.

As for the "they're gunna take er guns!!", can anyone tell me what gun laws have changed since Obama has been president? As a law abiding citizen, I am still able to aquire a hand gun and ammo extremely easy as of this year. The only thing I have really noticed is ammo prices skyrocketing because of NRA propoganda of shortages and extreme gun law reform.

Also I'll take the cost of living pay increases, massively high stock market, massively low job unemployment, really strong dollar and lowest gas prices in like 20 years. Seriously, I have no idea what people are talking about when they harshly criticize Obama's presidency.

You fear for your safety because of radical Republicans? How about all the mass shootings that have happened under Obama? And the shooting in San Bernandino that Trump basically forecasted. (The ability to predict the future is indicative a strong metabolism). And ******* Obama is out playing golf, pumping his fist like everything's all good. What the hell is wrong with that picture?

Let's stop blaming the guns and start blaming the individuals that have compromised metabolisms and go crazy. A concept ALL Peatarians should be able to grasp completely.

Trump is EXACTLY what this country needs right now and Peatarians should agree. Or even Rand Paul. If Rand Paul was president, raw milk would be legalized everywhere. Trump is close with Alex Jones who is highly aware of the detrimental BPA, SSRI's, GMO's and fluoride. ALL which are acknowledged as threats to ones' wellbeing in THIS community. Yea, life is nice if you know about all these dangers and know how to avoid them, but 99.99% of Americans are unaware of these poisons that are in their food supply, destroying their health, making Obama a criminal. Rather than implement preventative measures to restore people's health, he creates Obama care designed to suck more money out of people's pockets or otherwise be fined, in the name of being a hero, "providing health care to everyone." This only encourages the exact system that Peatarians stand against. No, I'm not saying that all these problems will go away with a Trump presidency, but atleast he is more AWARE of how much of a disaster the current medical system is. You get absolutely no hope for these types of changes with a Democratic candidate. The serotenergic state is becoming rampant, and it makes for a scary world to live in. And without any significant intervention, we only will get more of it in the coming decades. This is not about unemployment rates, gas prices, the stock market, etc. I mean are you insane? That's how you define a successful presidency? Gimme a break. Those numbers are all easily manipulated to create the illusion that everything is working. They play you like a fiddle. How about the overall sentiment of our country? The trust we have in our government to improve our lives? The feeling of safety that you mention. Go look at comments on Instagram and Facebook. Look at how people bicker and argue over meaningless issues like Justin Bieber, and cannot step back and see the big picture. The system is designed to keep you thinking small. I can't stand people thinking the government has their back and everything is all jolly. Especially when you know what is going on as a member of this community. When we jump on the Trump train, it's not because we necessarily love his antics or like the insults, it because we know he is the best candidate to get some real improvements in this county. It's an ackowledgememt that the current system is slowly destroying the country and a hope to get things in the right direction. Not more of the same garbage you would get with Hillary or Bernie.

#TRUMP2016

Rand Paul wants to do away with medicare, medicaid, social security, there is debate between Bernie Sanders and rand paul. Here he is equating single pay health care to slavery !!! He is an absolute joke.

Donald Trump on the other hand, actually believes in single pay health care, medicare, medicaid, and more funding for social security. So you support trump, but you don't support his views on health care ?

Your anti-government rhetoric is not completely true. Corporations buy government officials to vote in their favor. Here is a quote by Ray Peat....

Political scientists have recognized the process in which big corporations "capture" the governmental agencies that were created to regulate them. The editorial boards of professional journals can be captured even more cheaply than the agencies of government, and their influence can be even more valuable to industry.

If science impinges upon the plans of an industry, it can be managed into compliance, when the industry controls the journals and the agencies that fund research.

So really, its the corporations causing massive amount of dis information by capturing government agencies. I am reminded of a scandal in the 1950's when a whole generation of women were given the diuretic thalidomide during pregnancy. Causing low birth weight, birth defects, epilepsy.This "trend" went from the U.S western Germany, Australia, England. Interestingly enough, when they tried to give it to people in East Germany. The authorities did not approve of it's use.

I'm not here to pick apart candidates and their particular stance on health care. Rand Paul is right 100%. And Bernie is completely delusional and clueless. The serotonin is just oozing out of his head. Health care for everyone! It sounds so nice on the surface, but dig a little deeper. Health care designed to lock you into the system and profit off your illness.

I want to elect based on a candidate's overall philosophy and mindset. If they could put aside their differences, Trump as president and Rand Paul as V.P. would be a match made in heaven.

DaveFoster

signalguy said:
post 116158 I hate threads like this. For some reason it is hard to take someone seriously about nutrition when they show they are clueless libertarian ideologues.
Read here.

Zachs said:
The only thing I have really noticed is ammo prices skyrocketing because of NRA propoganda of shortages and extreme gun law reform.
Guns tend to be pretty popular things. Hitler needed to assume absolute power before he took away the guns of those citizens who found themselves in the "out-group."

jag2594 said:
The concept goes like this: Money is a representation of time. Taxes take money from individuals, and thereby also take their time preferences. Slavery exists as the forced allocation of a person's time to activities that he or she does not want to partake in. Therefore, taxes and slavery both result in undesirable reallocation of one's time.

Are taxes the same as slavery? No. They're much more benign. Does slavery and taxes share some similar characteristics? Certainly.

I'd think that people who have so much experience with Ray Peat would also appreciate the harmful duties of Big Pharma and the mainstream health care industry. When you subsidize health care for people, not only are you taking from taxpayers, but you're allowing for a monopolistic business arrangement to form between the government and health care industry (similar to the military-industrial complex as a comparison.)

Even more than that, you unwillingly pay for mass subscriptions of amphetamines to children, and SSRI medication to millions of depressed Americans. But I suppose SSRI's are better than nothing at all, right?

jaguar43

DaveFoster said:
post 116226
signalguy said:
post 116158 I hate threads like this. For some reason it is hard to take someone seriously about nutrition when they show they are clueless libertarian ideologues.
Read here.

Zachs said:
The only thing I have really noticed is ammo prices skyrocketing because of NRA propoganda of shortages and extreme gun law reform.
Guns tend to be pretty popular things. Hitler needed to assume absolute power before he took away the guns of those citizens who found themselves in the "out-group."

jag2594 said:
The concept goes like this: Money is a representation of time. Taxes take money from individuals, and thereby also take their time preferences. Slavery exists as the forced allocation of a person's time to activities that he or she does not want to partake in. Therefore, taxes and slavery both result in undesirable reallocation of one's time.

Are taxes the same as slavery? No. They're much more benign. Does slavery and taxes share some similar characteristics? Certainly.

I'd think that people who have so much experience with Ray Peat would also appreciate the harmful duties of Big Pharma and the mainstream health care industry. When you subsidize health care for people, not only are you taking from taxpayers, but you're allowing for a monopolistic business arrangement to form between the government and health care industry (similar to the military-industrial complex as a comparison.)

Even more than that, you unwillingly pay for mass subscriptions of amphetamines to children, and SSRI medication to millions of depressed Americans. But I suppose SSRI's are better than nothing at all, right?

Like in your other post, you talk about ideology versus facts.

Money is not a representation of time. An Hour or minute or second is a representation of time. Money is a currency issued by the U.S government.
Slavery is when one is owned by another or in serfdom to the land.

Therefore since money isn't a representation of time, thereby not taken their time preference, then taxes and slavery do not share similar characteristics.

Did you not read the quote by ray peat ? He describe how Corporations capture government agencies that are suppose to regulated them.

First of all, single payer healthcare doesn't subsidized big pharma. It simply collects taxes and pays for it. Premiums, co-pays, and deductibles disappear. Thats why pharmaceutical industry and the insurance companies lobbied against it.

Sure, the same medical practices are still in play. Your right, but thats why the people should nationalized the medical establishment so they can take control versus the corporations. The way you pay for healthcare has nothing to do with the way healthcare is run. Ray Peat has stressed the point that corporations are the blame for the wrong practices in the system.

jaguar43

answers found said:
I'm not here to pick apart candidates and their particular stance on health care. Rand Paul is right 100%. And Bernie is completely delusional and clueless. The serotonin is just oozing out of his head. Health care for everyone! It sounds so nice on the surface, but dig a little deeper. Health care designed to lock you into the system and profit off your illness.

I want to elect based on a candidate's overall philosophy and mindset. If they could put aside their differences, Trump as president and Rand Paul as V.P. would be a match made in heaven.

No, single payer system save money long term. Thats why the pharma industry and insurance companies lobbied against it.

As the program was phased in, the administrative savings from switching to a single-payer system would offset much of the increased demand for health care services. Later, the cap on the growth of the national health budget would hold the rate of growth of spending below the baseline.

https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files ... doc159.pdf

By capping the growth you hold the spending down, which will lower the cost of healthcare down.

burtlancast

narouz said:
The reason I bother to post stuff in this thread is to speak out against
what I've long seen to be a pattern on this forum--and a damn weird one!--
the odd tendency of right-wingers/libertarians/conspiracy theory fans
to for some reason imagine that Ray Peat shares or embodies their views.
Nothing could be further from the truth.

Lol lol lol

We've had this discussion in the past, Narouz, and you were proved wrong.
Now, with the transcription projects' help, hear Ray referring to himself as a conspirator:

KG: Are your parents still alive?

RP: No, they died 40 years ago.

KG: You miss them.

RP: Oh sure.

KG: Did they understand you and your work?

RP: Oh yeah, they were collaborators.

KG: Really?

RP: Yeah.

KG: Were they scientists or doctors?

RP: No. Just co­‐conspirators in finding things out.

KG: A lot of people dream of having parents like that.

RP: Yeah.

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=6463

:ninja

kiran

narouz said:
post 116183
kiran said:

Though imperfect,

Hot. Stupid. Air.

I'm not sure I can tell "cool realism" from "total denial". Trump and Cruz are just satisfying the Republican need for a more muscular foreign policy with a bit of hyperbole.

Zachs

answersfound said:
post 116220
jag2594 said:
post 116218
answersfound said:
post 116205
Zachs said:
narouz said:
post 116183
kiran said:

Though imperfect,

Hot. Stupid. Air.

#TRUMP2016

Oh quit with all the personal attacks on character. You're the one on all the meds for serotonin, project much?

OP
A

answersfound

Zachs said:
post 116255
answersfound said:
post 116220
jag2594 said:
post 116218
answersfound said:
post 116205
Zachs said:
narouz said:
post 116183
kiran said:

Though imperfect,

Hot. Stupid. Air.

#TRUMP2016

Oh quit with the personal attacks on character. Your the one on all the meds for serotonin, project much?

I'm not on any meds other than aspirin.

DaveFoster

jag2594 said:
Like in your other post, you talk about ideology versus facts.
Arguing with statistics in a non-formalized debate is like trying to prove that certain raindrops are more wet than other raindrops. You can find a study for absolutely anything; the larger the more general ones tend to be the most parroted, such as the China study, 97% of scientists agree with global warming, etc.; huge sampling biases in these meta-analyses. With biology and chemistry, factual argument is merited more than political discussion.

jag2594 said:
Money is not a representation of time. An Hour or minute or second is a representation of time. Money is a currency issued by the U.S government.
I'm not going to argue this point. You're just arguing semantics. The idea of money as a medium of exchange for many transactions, including those for labor, still stands as my point.

jag2594 said:
Slavery is when one is owned by another or in serfdom to the land.
Yes it is. How do you own someone? You have rights to their property; specifically that of their own body and by extension their use of that body, also called labor. When you hire someone, they voluntarily indenture themselves to you for a purpose. When you enslave someone, the application of choice is removed from this transaction. When you take someone's property, which is called stealing, you indirectly take their labor, as they had to apply themselves in the past to yield that given product.

If you concede that money is a form of property, and further that slavery exists as a forceful application of will over someone's right to ownership, both self-ownership and the ownership of any produced goods of that slave (the cotton picked for example), then in the same way that slavery steals the labor of an individual, taxes indirectly steal that labor by removing the desired product of the action, which is money in this case, but it could be a durable good, like a car, or an non-durable good, like a bag of Cheetos.

jag2594 said:
Did you not read the quote by ray peat ? He describe how Corporations capture government agencies that are suppose to regulated them.

It's called the capture theory of government. It's well known in academia, particularly economics and political science circles. Here's a link.

You're preaching to the choir. I'm not pro-big business, I'm just anti-government. Humans beings are innately corrupt. Corporations are a great example of this, but there are numerous others, and I won't argue this premise that humans have at least the potential to be corrupt.

Here's the problem: Government serves as a tool of power usable by whoever desires it. You can argue that in democracies the poor tend to get free reign, while the businesses are left trying to constantly circumvent the system, and you'd be correct. You can even argue that the poor are better off in a democracy, as they can impose progressive taxes on the rich, which disproportionately redistributes income into the echelons of the lower classes. That's not the argument I'm trying to make.

I'm making the argument that upholds universality; it's a core libertarian principle and an individualistic value. If you don't believe in universality, which is the universal application of law to all members of a population, regardless of context, then this message will not appeal to you. This is because people generally don't base their political associations upon neither facts, nor statistics, nor upon universal principles of morality. They base them based on their ethnic background and socioeconomic identity.

It's much more powerful to critique than to offer an alternative, so I'm just going to leave this as my biased outline of why the traditional democratic model is not permissible. I'll read whatever you have to post, but I'm done, you win. I have some studying I need to do.

DaveFoster said:
post 116277 I'll read whatever you have to post, but I'm done, you win.

868.gif

OP
A

answersfound

signalguy

Here's the reality folks. If Hillary Clinton is not elected next year, the poor and middle class will be screwed. Meanwhile the plutocracy and their libertarian fantasist enablers will continue to preach the wonders of the "free" market all while maintaining a system that requires you to get a "prescription" from an "eye doctor" who will have you read a chart in order to buy glasses.

narouz

answersfound said:
And Bernie is completely delusional and clueless. The serotonin is just oozing out of his head. Health care for everyone! It sounds so nice on the surface, but dig a little deeper.

I dug a little deeper,
and I found Bernie's confession illuminating...

johns74

signalguy said:
Here's the reality folks. If Hillary Clinton is not elected next year, the poor and middle class will be screwed.

No one is more in the pocket of Wall Street than Hillary Clinton, supporter of the bailout (TARP), the military industrial complex including the wars in Iraq and Libya. No one is more easily bought.

narouz

kiran said:
I'm not sure I can tell "cool realism" from "total denial". Trump and Cruz are just satisfying the Republican need for a more muscular foreign policy with a bit of hyperbole.

"...just satisfying the Republican need for a more muscular foreign policy..."

Is this what you have in mind:

Costs in U.S. armed forces and U.S. dollars for the war in Iraq:

4,425 deaths
32,223 wounded in action

$818 Billion dollars spent

Back
Top Bottom