Higher PUFA For Athlete?

Anders86

Would a higher PUFA for athlete be acceptable? I love my eggs and I find whole milk more beneficial to low fat. But with 3L Whole milk and 2 eggs I`m at 7g PUFA..

theLaw

Would a higher PUFA for athlete be acceptable? I love my eggs and I find whole milk more beneficial to low fat. But with 3L Whole milk and 2 eggs I`m at 7g PUFA..

I think the term "athlete" already implies some long-term damage to health, although a calculated risk, so perhaps doing whatever possible to mitigate the damage from those foods would be a solid approach.

Haidut has posted tons of protocols for this very purpose.:thumbsup:

Mito

It has been discussed on the forum that what is really important is the ratio of saturated fat to polyunsaturated fat.

Haidut posted“......It is the SFA/PUFA ratio that maters more than the absolute amount of PUFA.” To Haidut : What Do You Usually Eat In A Day?

SOMO

Yes, athletes are rapidly burning through fat stores and fatty acid oxidation is increased.

I would not worry about egg yolks or even count them towards PUFA.

Remember, a baby chick is supposed to be born from the egg yolk - it is not conducive for the egg yolk to "rot" or be prone to rotting. There is so much good in the egg yolk that it offsets the PUFA, not the least of which is Vitamin E and A, both of which protect against lipid peroxidation.

If you're an athlete you can likely get away with a slightly higher PUFA intake in an otherwise healthy diet.

If I am gonna take in a lot of PUFA, I prefer it to be in the form of fresh seafood like whole salmon (not filet) or whole sardines.

Tenacity

It has been discussed on the forum that what is really important is the ratio of saturated fat to polyunsaturated fat.

Haidut posted“......It is the SFA/PUFA ratio that maters more than the absolute amount of PUFA.” To Haidut : What Do You Usually Eat In A Day?
As such, the SFA would probably offset the PUFA in the whole milk.

I tend not to worry about PUFA in whole foods, although I still choose not to eat nuts, seeds or fatty fish.

Herbie

Usain Bolt ate 100 McDonalds chicken nuggets per day while competing at the Beijing olympic games and broke the 100 metre record.

OP
Anders86

Anders86

I think the term "athlete" already implies some long-term damage to health, although a calculated risk, so perhaps doing whatever possible to mitigate the damage from those foods would be a solid approach.

Yeah that`s true and I`m aware. I do a strength session a day, 10 minute fast walk with focus on posture and nose breathing, "calm" lifts and only one muscle group, low CNS stimuli. And I often do an intervall later on the day with heavy focus on posture and nose breathing. I`m keeping estrogen low with Progesterone, Androsterone and some DHEA. OJ, Collagen, Energin, Creatin, Salt and some sugar during workouts. Some Vitamin D/E/K daily and other Idealabs supplements sporadically.

OP
Anders86

Anders86

Great!
So some Coconut Oil with my eggs and some DeFibron could be good examples to create a better SFA/PUFA ratio then?

OP
Anders86

Anders86

Yes, athletes are rapidly burning through fat stores and fatty acid oxidation is increased.

I would not worry about egg yolks or even count them towards PUFA.

Remember, a baby chick is supposed to be born from the egg yolk - it is not conducive for the egg yolk to "rot" or be prone to rotting. There is so much good in the egg yolk that it offsets the PUFA, not the least of which is Vitamin E and A, both of which protect against lipid peroxidation.

If you're an athlete you can likely get away with a slightly higher PUFA intake in an otherwise healthy diet.

If I am gonna take in a lot of PUFA, I prefer it to be in the form of fresh seafood like whole salmon (not filet) or whole sardines.

Yes I guess I have to accept the fact that I will increase fatty acid oxidation. I`m intrigued of @Stryker`s style, but I guess I would have to lower body fat first and in some way learn to handle my starches.

As such, the SFA would probably offset the PUFA in the whole milk.

I tend not to worry about PUFA in whole foods, although I still choose not to eat nuts, seeds or fatty fish.

Yeah I like to think that whole foods are good choises, especially from "free" animals.

Usain Bolt ate 100 McDonalds chicken nuggets per day while competing at the Beijing olympic games and broke the 100 metre record.

Yeah, I`ll never be that athlete :P And I would never be that athlete that promotes unhealthy eating if I ever would achieve that kind of status.

Sorry for bad formatting of answers, learning as I write :)

RobertJM

Is that honestly correct? I just typed it into the cronometer (it has all McDonalds food in there), and it came out at a whopping 270g of fat (120g of which was PUFA), PER DAY.

Mito

Great!
So some Coconut Oil with my eggs and some DeFibron could be good examples to create a better SFA/PUFA ratio then?
I think so. There are some posts on the forum that suggest of the saturated fats, stearic may be among the most protective.

Just 20g Stearic Acid Daily Improves Cardiovascular Health In Human Males

PUFA Increases Alcohol Damage By Increasing Cell Fluidity; SFA Are Protective

PUFA Required/essential For Cancer; Stearic Acid Is A PUFA Antagonist & Anti-cancer

L

lollipop

I`m at 7g PUFA..
I would think that this is a good starting point compared the majority of the planet.

At the end of the day, if you feel good, enjoy your food, and your life, and have low stress, is it really necessary to debate between 7gm PUFA or 4gm PUFA?

theLaw

Yeah that`s true and I`m aware. I do a strength session a day, 10 minute fast walk with focus on posture and nose breathing, "calm" lifts and only one muscle group, low CNS stimuli. And I often do an intervall later on the day with heavy focus on posture and nose breathing. I`m keeping estrogen low with Progesterone, Androsterone and some DHEA. OJ, Collagen, Energin, Creatin, Salt and some sugar during workouts. Some Vitamin D/E/K daily and other Idealabs supplements sporadically.

This is an excellent approach imo. :thumbsup:

miki14

Someone pointed out that pufas can be burned at the same time as glucose in high intensity activity therefore a higher pufa content is perfomance enhancing for strength & sprint sports. Phelps & Bolt thrive on higher pufa intake. Enough vitamin c & e to prevent peroxidation would be good. Keeping an eye on the pufa/sfa ratio too.

tygertgr

pufas can be burned at the same time as glucose in high intensity activity

I think your muscles burn off pufa relatively harmlessly with a lot of sub lactate threshold activity. This is why a lot of walking is a good idea and sedentarism is a bad idea. Maybe sendentarism can be OK with some weird hypertuned diet. I'd rather just work plenty of easy walking and cycling into my daily life.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals