High vitamin D levels essential for tolerating T3??

ddjd

In this Danny Roddy podcast with Haidut, he says at 1:50:00 in, the following:

"vitamin D apparently is one of the key factors in allowing t3 to activate the thyroid receptor and basically cause many of these genomic effects, the transcription effects, that are relevant and expected to happen in a person with normal thyroid function. So if your vitamin D is low sometimes you know even taking very high amounts of t3 will not help because the body will quickly deactivate the t3 into T2 or even T1, if the vitamin D is insufficient. So somehow vitamin D and t3 have a very symbiotic relationship and if you know vitamin D is low, i think like almost everybody that tests, like 80 percent of the population is vitamin D deficient in Western countries, sometimes people don't get the benefit of even thyroid supplementation if their vitamin D levels are sub optimal or free fatty acids are high. So the functional hypothyroidism I would define as anything that basically if you do the three measurements pulse, temperature and Achilles tendon reflex. If even one of these is not working, it's not giving you the results that you want to see, that means either not enough t3 is being produced by the liver, probably because the liver is burdened with with excess estrogen and or something is interfering with the function of the thyroid hormone peripherally and that in most cases is either estrogen and/or low vitamin D."

My question is, if I've noticed t3 is causing weight gain, instead of weight loss, could it be the case that my vitamin D is low??

View: https://youtu.be/tOvTJ-q9HAk

Rasaari

Similarly you need enough vitamin A for RXR activation which is necessary for VDR and thyroid hormone receptor to work

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Similarly you need enough vitamin A for RXR activation which is necessary for VDR and thyroid hormone receptor to work
Don't vit A + D oppose one another..... I'm pretty sure if you take too much of one it'll deplete the other

P

Peatness

@haidut Do you know the minimum blood level of vitamin D (approximately) for t3 activation?

Correlations between 25(OH) vit D and serum T3 levels in hypothyroid patients.

1644532387600.png

Correlations between 25(OH)vit D and serum TSH levels in hypothyroid patients.

1644532803200.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Rasaari

Don't vit A + D oppose one another..... I'm pretty sure if you take too much of one it'll deplete the other
More like synergize, and in excess they oppose each others toxicity.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

@Pina i found an old email from peat where he discussed why T3 could cause weight gain:

"It’s anabolic generally, but especially for protein synthesis, and by lowering stress hormones it can shift body composition toward muscle and bone. Chronically underweight people are the most likely to gain weight. If calcium and vitamin D are deficient, protein metabolism becomes catabolic, with a shift toward fat synthesis. Low fat milk, about two quarts/day, and keeping serum vitamin D around 50 ng/ml, helps to prevent excess fat deposition."

Dr. B

In this Danny Roddy podcast with Haidut, he says at 1:50:00 in, the following:

"vitamin D apparently is one of the key factors in allowing t3 to activate the thyroid receptor and basically cause many of these genomic effects, the transcription effects, that are relevant and expected to happen in a person with normal thyroid function. So if your vitamin D is low sometimes you know even taking very high amounts of t3 will not help because the body will quickly deactivate the t3 into T2 or even T1, if the vitamin D is insufficient. So somehow vitamin D and t3 have a very symbiotic relationship and if you know vitamin D is low, i think like almost everybody that tests, like 80 percent of the population is vitamin D deficient in Western countries, sometimes people don't get the benefit of even thyroid supplementation if their vitamin D levels are sub optimal or free fatty acids are high. So the functional hypothyroidism I would define as anything that basically if you do the three measurements pulse, temperature and Achilles tendon reflex. If even one of these is not working, it's not giving you the results that you want to see, that means either not enough t3 is being produced by the liver, probably because the liver is burdened with with excess estrogen and or something is interfering with the function of the thyroid hormone peripherally and that in most cases is either estrogen and/or low vitamin D."

My question is, if I've noticed t3 is causing weight gain, instead of weight loss, could it be the case that my vitamin D is low??

View: https://youtu.be/tOvTJ-q9HAk

Some posts talk about cortisol helping tolerate t3 too. T3 is causing weight gain cuz its raising cortisol. You probably shouldn’t use T3 . Vitamin d also raises cortisol and serotonin. Have you tried just doing a milk diet

P

Peatness

Some posts talk about cortisol helping tolerate t3 too. T3 is causing weight gain cuz its raising cortisol. You probably shouldn’t use T3 . Vitamin d also raises cortisol and serotonin. Have you tried just doing a milk diet
How does T3 raise cortisol?
How does vitamin D raise cortisol and serotonin?

Dr. B

How does T3 raise cortisol?
How does vitamin D raise cortisol and serotonin?
i dont know the mechanisms behind how D3 does it, it could be due to it messing with vitamin A.
T3, i got all the adrenaline/cortisol symptoms when I used it. I also gained weight from it and it burned up muscle tissue.

P

Peatness

i dont know the mechanisms behind how D3 does it, it could be due to it messing with vitamin A.
T3, i got all the adrenaline/cortisol symptoms when I used it. I also gained weight from it and it burned up muscle tissue.
Well it's easy to blame T3. What caused your adrenaline was lack of nutrients. As for vitamin D I've not seen evidence that it raises cortisol but I guess if it's abused it can do all sorts.

Dr. B

Well it's easy to blame T3. What caused your adrenaline was lack of nutrients. As for vitamin D I've not seen evidence that it raises cortisol but I guess if it's abused it can do all sorts.
it depleting or messing with vitamin A could do that since vitamin A is anti cortisol. and yeah but its crazy T3 actually caused weight gain, and muscle burning and hair loss. I had a nutrient rich diet, but if megadoses of vitamin supplements are needed then imo youre better off without the vitamins and without the synthetic T3. the best results ive gotten from anything ever is literally just drinking organic milk, organic fruit juice, and 500mg black seed oil. I can literally sit around drinking juice and milk all day, and gain more muscle and burn more fat than doing exercise and loading up on fat soluble vitamins or b vitamins and caffeine.

I thought these claims on D3 were wrong but they are lining up with my experience with it.

Vitamin D helps the body make, release, and use serotonin, including in the brain. However, the benefits of supplementation are uncertain [15, 16].

Vitamin D activates an enzyme that converts tryptophan into serotonin. If vitamin D levels are low, our brains make less serotonin. Thus, increasing vitamin D intake may increase serotonin levels, thereby potentially supporting mental health [15, 16].

While vitamin D helps neurons make serotonin, the omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), and ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) may help neurons release serotonin, as well as increase its overall activity (such as by increasing the sensitivity of serotonin receptors)

omega 3 and vitamin d3 supplements are the most commonly recommended supplements right now. rheumatologists are recommending those left and right to patients

Mr Joe

Does hypothyroidism cause vitamin D deficiency or does vitamin D deficiency cause hypothyroidism ?

FitnessMike

Dr. B

Does hypothyroidism cause vitamin D deficiency or does vitamin D deficiency cause hypothyroidism ?
Is oral vitamin D3 actually beneficial? Some of the reviewers etc claim it raised their parathyroid levels…?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

this is supposedly another quote from Peat which i found in my notes:

"Vitamin D needs to be present at sufficient levels in the cell in order for the thyroid hormone to actually affect that cell. That is why vitamin D is so crucial.”

youngsinatra

this is supposedly another quote from Peat which i found in my notes:

"Vitamin D needs to be present at sufficient levels in the cell in order for the thyroid hormone to actually affect that cell. That is why vitamin D is so crucial.”
I always feel extremely awful whenever I take vitamin D. (topically or orally does not matter)

I don‘t really take it anymore at all but I remember a few months ago where I tried topical D for half a week and after the first dose I felt so damn hypothyroid all of a sudden. (I was already taking thyroid at that time and felt pretty good on that) I thought my 25OHD of 22ng/ml needed some support after I read this thread. But it completely backfired for me.

D3 always me feel extremely cold, makes my muscles tight and my joints sore, makes my mood very depressed, irritable, anxious and I feel generally stressed out on it. It also gives me urinary pain and sore kidneys somehow… Tried with cofactors and everything.

I have a feeling, thst my 25OHD is low-ish because my active D is high, but haven’t measured it yet.

Lowering high cortisol is the most important thing for thyroid to work in my experience. (Drinking medicinal herbal tea instead of coffee, taking a tolerated oral magnesium, improving sleep, eating solid meals & strong breakfast are big)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals