High Test but Suddenly Low free Test?

sicco

Hi,

I have lab results that are confusing for me. 1,000 ng/dl total (higher than 915 which is highest end of normal) but 10 pg/ml free (lowest end of normal is 9 units)

Before I get into it, my diet until the last couple weeks was basically:

a lot of red meat (mostly ruminants)
liver
seafood
eggs (10+ daily)
milk
other meat
honey and fruit very occasionally
butter
kefir
supplement magnesium, l theanine, smoke cigarettes
coffee makes me anxious

Basically no carbs or sugars, ever. Beyond a couple bananas every few days or bread when I remembered to. Recently reintroduced sugars btw and feeling good about it.

Anyway, my T levels now are absurdly high and my free T is very low. I got a blood test done three months ago and my levels were more normal then. I feel better now than I did a few months ago though. Generally now I feel pretty good.

Are these labs something to worry about? The sudden low free T is concerning me.

Attachments

• A9ACCB16-F1B1-4089-81B0-068549AE2262.png
    A9ACCB16-F1B1-4089-81B0-068549AE2262.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 91013B7B-1025-43AC-AB17-2020F2072FBB.png
    91013B7B-1025-43AC-AB17-2020F2072FBB.png
    44 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
OP
S

sicco

And here are my bloods from december 2020, just a few months ago. Why the sudden uptick in test now, and drop in free test? And is it a concern? My diet didnt change much. Before this most recent test I started playing around with B vitamins and megadosing thiamin. Could that have been it?

Attachments

• 50EA3755-FF87-4D3B-8EFC-3E6C7BC8534E.jpeg
    50EA3755-FF87-4D3B-8EFC-3E6C7BC8534E.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 512E6320-F7B4-42B9-BB06-C976A4227028.jpeg
    512E6320-F7B4-42B9-BB06-C976A4227028.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 47

meatbag

And here are my bloods from december 2020, just a few months ago. Why the sudden uptick in test now, and drop in free test? And is it a concern? My diet didnt change much. Before this most recent test I started playing around with B vitamins and megadosing thiamin. Could that have been it?
You want the total testosterone to be higher and the free testosterone to be lower. The vitmains maybe improved your liver health;All Steroids (not Just Unbound/free Ones) Are Bioavailable
Vitamins B1 & B2 Are Required For Estrogen Inactivation By Liver

meatbag

so my bloods are actually good?
"If Brown-Séquard’s extract couldn’t work because testosterone isn’t soluble in water, then what are we to think of the thousands of medical publications that talk about “free hormones” as the only active hormones? (“Free hormone” is defined as the hormone that isn’t bound to a transporting protein, with the more or less explicit idea that it is dissolved in the water of the plasma or extracellular fluid.) Brown-Séquard’s tissue extracts would have contained solublizing substances including proteins and phospholipids, so the oily hormones would certainly be present (and active) in his extracts. But the thousands of people who ridiculed him committed themselves to the fact that steroid hormones are insoluble in water. By their own standard, they are selling an impossibility when they do calculations to reveal the amount of “free hormone,” as something distinct from the protein bound hormone, in the patient’s blood.

The immense Hormone Replacement Therapy industry--which Brown-Séquard’s experiments foreshadowed--is based on the fact that the concentrations of some hormones in the blood serum decrease with aging.

At first, it was assumed that the amount of the hormone in the blood corresponded to the effectiveness of that hormone. Whatever was in the blood was being delivered to the “target tissues.” But as the idea of measuring “protein bound iodine” (PBI) to determine thyroid function came into disrepute (because it never had a scientific basis at all), new ideas of measuring “active hormones” came into the marketplace, and currently the doctrine is that the “bound” hormones are inactive, and the active hormones are “free.” The “free” hormones are supposed to be the only ones that can get into the cells to deliver their signals, but the problem is that “free hormones” exist only in the imagination of people who interpret certain lab tests, as I discussed in the newsletter on thyroid tests (May, 2000)."
Tissue-bound estrogen in aging
-
All Steroids (not Just Unbound/free Ones) Are Bioavailable

Kozak

SHBG must be up. Usually a liver problem. How do you feel?
Check with the guys on TRT. They always say the total T does not change anything, but high free T resolves their symptoms.

OP
S

sicco

SHBG must be up. Usually a liver problem. How do you feel?
Check with the guys on TRT. They always say the total T does not change anything, but high free T resolves their symptoms.
Honestly kinda felt like ***t. Anxious all the time. High energy in the gym but couldnt really focus most of the time. Really bad anxiety. Now I have started evening aspirin and ice cream, along with OJ during the day. This is more sugar/carbs than ive had in months.

Still doing the b complex vitamins and some other stuff (estroban, magnesium). If I see noticeable improvements beginning with this peat stuff ill post updates. First one: erections seem to be better already.

limitless77

Honestly kinda felt like ***t. Anxious all the time. High energy in the gym but couldnt really focus most of the time. Really bad anxiety. Now I have started evening aspirin and ice cream, along with OJ during the day. This is more sugar/carbs than ive had in months.

Still doing the b complex vitamins and some other stuff (estroban, magnesium). If I see noticeable improvements beginning with this peat stuff ill post updates. First one: erections seem to be better already.
updates?

MrCornect

Hi,

I have lab results that are confusing for me. 1,000 ng/dl total (higher than 915 which is highest end of normal) but 10 pg/ml free (lowest end of normal is 9 units)

Before I get into it, my diet until the last couple weeks was basically:

a lot of red meat (mostly ruminants)
liver
seafood
eggs (10+ daily)
milk
other meat
honey and fruit very occasionally
butter
kefir
supplement magnesium, l theanine, smoke cigarettes
coffee makes me anxious

Basically no carbs or sugars, ever. Beyond a couple bananas every few days or bread when I remembered to. Recently reintroduced sugars btw and feeling good about it.

Anyway, my T levels now are absurdly high and my free T is very low. I got a blood test done three months ago and my levels were more normal then. I feel better now than I did a few months ago though. Generally now I feel pretty good.

Are these labs something to worry about? The sudden low free T is concerning me.
Hey bud, I know this post is from a year ago but Hopefully you see this, your diet is really good. But you need carbs, I eat pretty much exactly like you, but I drink 2-3 litres of fruit juice on top of it. You need carbs to lower shbg which will free up your testosterone trust me. Youll feel like a different person.

jacob

Hey bud, I know this post is from a year ago but Hopefully you see this, your diet is really good. But you need carbs, I eat pretty much exactly like you, but I drink 2-3 litres of fruit juice on top of it. You need carbs to lower shbg which will free up your testosterone trust me. Youll feel like a different person.
What if the increased carbs do not lower SHBG or raise free test? Do you have any experience with that?