High Temps And Pulse But Feeling Fatigued

ilikecats

@lampofred wow man I honestly feel bad for you, you spend so much time here and don't even grasp rays most basic concepts. "Your body lowers stress hormones because it needs less fuel as a result of a slowed metabolism." What the hell? Things that increase efficient oxidative metabolism tend to lower stress hormones... Thyroid hormone is the body's primary anti stress hormone and its the driver of oxidative metabolism... Andrenaline is often as much as 40 times higher in hypothyroidism due to a lack of T3. Lets rephrase your statement to highlight the insanity:" But *progesterone* does lower metabolism. Why else do you think it lowers cortisol?" oh wait but supplemental progesterone crushes cortisol and increases the rate of oxidative metabolism and can even induce hyperthyroidism. "you do not have energy to respond to estrogen (when prolactin is high)" What are you talking about? That makes no sense. When prolactin is high due to its primary actual cause (hypothyroidism) estrogen dominance is almost always involved and the estrogen is certainly doing damage. "Similar to how rocks cannot be estrogen dominant." wow just wow.

Last edited:

baccheion

Some with hyperthyroidism experience (acetyl) L-carnitine deficiency, which adds to fatigue.

CLASH

@ecstatichamster
@lampofred
Perhaps something your eating is bothering you. As an example collagen often doesnt agree with me and its not even a bacterial issue. It causes me to sweat pretty profusely from under my arms within 20 minutes of taking it with juice. Never have the problem with juice alone.

@ecstatichamster
@lampofred
Perhaps something your eating is bothering you. As an example collagen often doesnt agree with me and its not even a bacterial issue. It causes me to sweat pretty profusely from under my arms within 20 minutes of taking it with juice. Never have the problem with juice alone.

Thank you.

I don’t have trouble with most foods. I am playing with dairy now. That may cause problems although it never has.

CLASH

@ecstatichamster
No worries.
In my experience sometimes when you eat a food for a while your body adjusts to that experience as a set point and its only by removing it that you can determine you have an issue with it. It makes things really annoying to figure out lol. I know alot of people arent in favor of being restrictive but for a time, to help figure everything out, it can definetly help.

sevenzy

Warning, this is pretty long lol.

Way before Peat, when I was healthiest and felt the best my heart rate was in the high 50s and low 60s. But back then I played sports, so even with the low heart rate, I had strong circulation. My temperature was in the low 98s.

Right before starting Peat my temperature was in the mid 97s and my heart rate was in the high 60s, but this higher heart rate was due to poorer circulation, not better metabolism. Then immediately after starting my temperatures hovered in the low 98s and my heart rate was in the 70s due to the boost in metabolism. I felt almost as good then as I did way back when my heart rate was in the 50s, I was just energizer bunny because of the sugar and because I was finally getting adequate protein for the first time in my life. Since then my baseline heart rate has steadily been getting higher and my temperature, too, and my energy was good (but never as great as those first few months), until about a year ago when everything just stagnated.

It feels like slowly I have been getting more and sluggish, less aware, more apathetic, etc. even though my pulse and temperature have not gone down and have actually been going up as I'm depleting more and more PUFA from the body. I think a part of it has to do with the fact that I moved and the extremely high radiation in my new place is seriously screwing me and depleting my energy, but that's definitely not all of it... It feels like there is something missing. I think I need the adrenaline that comes with colder temperatures to function, the heat might be increasing serotonin too much. But Peat says adrenaline is toxic and that good energy is provided by high CO2, not catecholamines. But I'm not producing enough CO2 from thyroid even though my temps and pulse are high, too much lactic acid. So I'm just confused. What I think is that my circulation is not as good as it needs to be, and I don't have enough GABA, but I don't know how to improve circulation without aerobic exercise, which Peat says will just increase lactic acid.

In Traditional Chinese Medicine terms it feels like too much yang (metabolic stimulation) depleted all the yin (cholesterol, nutrients, GABA), and now because there is no yin, yang cannot be produced either, so there is a deficiency of both yin and yang.

I'm also getting verbose as hell.

EDIT: It's actually interesting that you're having similar issues because I was thinking of starting Buteyko. But now I guess I know that's not going to be helpful.

You might try Cyruta plus from Standard Process for help with circulation.

@ecstatichamster
No worries.
In my experience sometimes when you eat a food for a while your body adjusts to that experience as a set point and its only by removing it that you can determine you have an issue with it. It makes things really annoying to figure out lol. I know alot of people arent in favor of being restrictive but for a time, to help figure everything out, it can definetly help.

Thank you @CLASH

There is also still a possibility that I have a virus or something I suppose.

Rand56

Need extra B1? As Dr. Marrs says in this video, the classic sign of thiamine deficiency is fatigue. She also says that someone could have other deficiencies going on, but they won't get resolved until thiamine deficiency is addressed first. She also tells this story of this one woman who has MS, and other ailments as she stated, that started to feel better taking 1 gram <big dose>of allithiamine a day, and now feels fantastic at 2 grams <holy mega dose and mega bucks batman> daily. Not that everyone needs this high amount if thiamine deficient, but just saying.

I would think Peat'ers could me more susceptable to possible thiamine deficiency with the heavy carbs, table sugar, and coffee intake.

This is a long'ish video, an hour and 8 minutes, for those who want to take the time to watch it. I think it's a great vid....

Rand56

You know what, @Rand56, I like your suggestion. It's easy to test and low risk. I took 1000mg of thiamine just now. Why not?

Yeah man, why not. I've been dealing with fatigue for quite some time, and now have worked myself up to taking 200 mg's of allithiamine a day for about a week now. Can't say my fatigue has subsided yet, but who knows, I could need a higher dose, or just stay at this dose longer. I will tell you one thing, and I don't know if this is a relevant claim or not. I heard someone could be thiamine deficient if when pressing your fingers against your calf muscles, they will be tender and sore. Mine were exactly like this. Now as of yesterday when I did this test on me again, I had to press a lot harder with my fingers on my calf, to feel some soreness and tenderness, and even when I felt it, it wasn't as pronounced as it was before. Who knows, this could be a relevant claim.

OP
L

lampofred

Need extra B1? As Dr. Marrs says in this video, the classic sign of thiamine deficiency is fatigue. She also says that someone could have other deficiencies going on, but they won't get resolved until thiamine deficiency is addressed first. She also tells this story of this one woman who has MS, and other ailments as she stated, that started to feel better taking 1 gram <big dose>of allithiamine a day, and now feels fantastic at 2 grams <holy mega dose and mega bucks batman> daily. Not that everyone needs this high amount if thiamine deficient, but just saying.

I would think Peat'ers could me more susceptable to possible thiamine deficiency with the heavy carbs, table sugar, and coffee intake.

This is a long'ish video, an hour and 8 minutes, for those who want to take the time to watch it. I think it's a great vid....

I like this suggestion and think thiamine supplementation would definitely be worth a shot because I have lactic acid build-up, but whenever I have tried supplementing B-vitamins in the past, I would always get gut issues. Are there any brands that are known to be not toxic?

Rand56

I like this suggestion and think thiamine supplementation would definitely be worth a shot because I have lactic acid build-up, but whenever I have tried supplementing B-vitamins in the past, I would always get gut issues. Are there any brands that are known to be not toxic?

I haven't had any gut issues taking allithiamine. I have some gut issues with some particular foods, but none with this supplement.

OP
L

lampofred

I have the same experience as you man. These debates are rather pointless though, since people who don't have the experience we do, can't possibly understand. I pretty much get it, I mean, after all I also don't believe anything I can't see or experience, so you can't blame someone who hasn't experienced something to understand or believe it.

Honestly it's pretty similar to the great tryptophan/milk debate. Some people can handle tryptophan/milk, to others its devastating. Same deal with orgasm. I still firmly believe its not optimal even for someone healthy, but much like tryptophan, the healthier person is pretty much immune to any possible negative effects to tryptophan, orgasm, EMF's, and other possible stressors.

EMF's are actually another great example of something people think you're crazy for believing has strong anti-metabolic effects unless you experience it yourself.

I agree, debates in general are pointless because for the most part both sides will never change their viewpoints. But FYI imo milk cannot be equated to EMF. EMF is bad for you no matter what, even if you don't notice it, but once you are healthy enough to absorb the calcium in milk (prolactin is low enough) and make the tryptophan go down the niacin pathway instead of the serotonin pathway, it becomes an irreplaceable food. Meat doesn't come close.

oldmanthunder

I'd be weary of the belief that heart rate and body temp are the best indicators of health. Stress can increase body temperature and heart rate yet everyone here is conscious of the negative effects of chronic stress. I think it's worth researching into things like cause/effect between psychological wellbeing and health, and other things of that nature like vagal tone and ways of increasing resiliency to stress if one is pursuing health and happiness.

A lot of people seem to think that certain foods have certain digestive properties, independent of their processing and the way they were eaten which is complete horseshit. Things like mood have a huge effect on digestion, stress inhibits proper digestive function so will lead to indigestion/endotoxin, regardless of the food being eaten. Eating easily digestable foods like dairy/fruit can help but even these foods can be poorly digested if stressed.

Last edited:

oldmanthunder

For example, the people on this forum who seem to have improved significantly are those who develop their intuition for what foods/activities lower stress and improve physical comfort, manifested by a calm, positive mood, good digestion and energy/motivation to do things they enjoy. People still stuck in the belief that good health is characterised by boundless energy fuelled by excessive calories are in my opinion mistaken. They might be developing a psychological dependence to the manic feeling induced by high blood sugar/stress hormones.

Stress makes my temperature fall.

You can’t discount the work of Broda Barnes, at least I can’t. The results he had with 3000 patients was stupendous, and he compared it with the similar cohort in the Framingham longitudinal study. Maybe 3 heart attacks instead of hundreds, with the same type of patients. So many health benefits you can’t even fathom.

That’s why I’m raising my temperatures with thyroid. I am very convinced that over time I will live longer and happier like this.

Dr. Barnes found that you should wake up 97.8 to 98.2, and your temperatures rise to 98.6-99F.

That is what I am aiming for.

I’m not happy about the body aches, but I think it can be figure out. It’s a cleansing reaction. It’s temporary. It’s a bug. The range of possibilities isn’t that large. Having an issue like this doesn’t mean Dr. Broda Barnes was wrong.

I’ve done many things in life that caused problems with my health, that I had to work through, before I got big benefits. Weight lifting was one example. Buteyko was another...

baccheion

For example, the people on this forum who seem to have improved significantly are those who develop their intuition for what foods/activities lower stress and improve physical comfort, manifested by a calm, positive mood, good digestion and energy/motivation to do things they enjoy. People still stuck in the belief that good health is characterised by boundless energy fuelled by excessive calories are in my opinion mistaken. They might be developing a psychological dependence to the manic feeling induced by high blood sugar/stress hormones.
There are food sensitivity tests..

dreamcatcher

I guess my question is how do you know waking temperatures are a reflection of resting metabolic rate due to good nourishment as opposed to a stimulated metabolic rate from a high fructose intake. For example, if you take amphetamine or caffeine before going to sleep, the stimulant effects will still be elevating your body temperature upon waking. I think it's likely that fructose has a similar long-lingering effect (but obviously to a milder degree).
High adrenaline causes elevated pulse rate and body temperature.

Beefcake

What symptoms are the ones bothering you and seem to be most dominant? A severe fatigue, low libido, lack of motivation?
Do you have shortness of breath?
Do you have faster heart beat when you go from sitting to standing?
How is your appetite for example when you wake up are you hungry so you need to eat right away or no hunger for a couple of hours?
The fatigue is it worse in morning or the evening or is it just constant?
How many hours of sleep do you get? Do you consider it excessive sleeping? Do you wake up a lot during night?
Do you dream?
The fatigue is it in the body or is it in your head? Do you feel the fatigue in your forehead if you know what I mean?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

Bump do you have restless legs when you sit in front of a computer or similair? If so is this worse when you feel extra tired?

Last edited:

Runenight201

@ecstatichamster
No worries.

This is why I like the idea of fasting through the morning until hunger is intense enough to require food consumption. In a similar vein to IF, but not trapping oneself in a physiologically stressful psychological box due to theories about meal timing windows. Just letting your own body be the guide.

For the most part the body has cleaned up a lot of inflammation and bloat from the nightly fast. I always wake up most lean and with a flat stomach, and it’s usually only through poor food consumption that i notice myself bloating and clogging up my digestion causing inflammation and poor moods. As of late I’ve been establishing baselines in the morning and then playing with different foods and seeing how my body is going in terms of digestion, bloat, energy, etc...

Been guilty of this, it’s just damn fun sometimes riding the highs. Paying attention to stomach contents/digestion trumps energy states. Stressing the stomach just to achieve some psychological state is a mistake imo.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals