filling

• Get filling

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Dont get filling

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

Josh

Hey all!

My teeth haven’t been great for a few years, they’ve been very sensitive to cold for a while and in recent months i’ve really upped my calories overall including fruit/honey, adding sugar to my protein drink etc etc, since this increase in certain foods my teeth have been really starting to hurt, the molars have been giving me a lot of pain (throbbing, making my whole jaw hurt), Molars hurt when ever i eat something sugary etc etc.
The pain actual got very bad over the weekend and i couldn’t sleep so the next day i swished hydrogen peroxide 3% in my mouth and pain basically disappeared since!
Went to the dentist today and i declined an x ray so unable to see if there was any decay in-between teeth but he did say there was some decay towards the back molars, i think he said the wisdom teeth and was told i needed a filling which he said was a white composite, resin and a glue would be used over it (What ever that means).
I have no idea the risk of this filling but he said if i don’t have it the decay will get deeper and deeper until extraction of the tooth is needed.
I feel like this increase in sugary foods and wrecked havoc on my teeth, i didn’t have a decay two years ago when i went for a check up last.
I’m only 21 so it seems a bit young to be having issues like this.
What shall i do guys? Have the filling? Is there better alternatives? Can i stop my decay from getting worse?
Current things i’m doing to prevent teeth getting worse:
-Barely any snacking, grouping foods together in 3-5 meals per day.
-Swishing mouth out with water after eating/drinking anything.
-Flossing more.
-Coconut oil, oil pull once a day.
-Drinking any drinks through a straw, trying to avoid things like honey coming into contact with teeth.
(Diet wise i’’m eating enough calcium, getting Vitamin K2, D from supplement topically)..
-Hydrogen peroxide swish during week.

Vileplume

Have you tried no honey? Honey makes my teeth hurt, but maple syrup and sugar from fruit doesn’t do this. Not sure if it’s because of the honey touching my teeth or not.

Also, how is your overall metabolism, mood, temps? Usually my teeth hurt when my overall digestion/metabolism/energy is functioning poorly, rather than because of the amount of sugar.

keytothecity

Hey all!

What shall i do guys? Have the filling? Is there better alternatives? Can i stop my decay from getting worse?
less sugar and acids, especially in isolation. there is no other way to reliably do it

yerrag

blaming sugar is convenient for the dentist. most likely ignorant getting training from the same curriculum that had mankind on mercury fillings and telling everyone its not toxic.

It's likely your teeth leeches calcium easily. and because of that the enamel doesn't provide enough protection from LPS. The LPS, as indicated by the buildup of plaque, easily breaks this protective layer, and then bacteria will penetrste the porous dentine tubules, and the bacteria penetrates deep. Not only the roots of the teeth are compromised, but also periodontal spaces.

You need to improve calcium balance and minimize LPS production in the gut.

Lifestyle change needed nutritionally.

Last edited:

Richiebogie

@Josh, how much phytate and oxalate are you eating?

These can rob you of calcium.

I tend to avoid nuts, seeds, wholegrains, beans, spinach and other leafy greens, rhubarb, beets and chocolate.

pro marker

my teeth were great strong and white. after peating they are now yellow and disgusting looking. sugar ruins teeth everybody knows that. though i think i have a worse reaction than most. ive stopped all refined sugar now to see if that has an effect.

pro marker

when I was on a carnivore diet I had 10/10 diamond strenght bright white teeth and i would brush my teeth with honey so as anecdote honey never hurt my teeth even when caking my mouth in it before sleep. raw honey that is.

bk_

You shouldn’t consume refined sugars or too much honey, even Peat advocates against this unless there are no other options. In spite of what some say about honey it does rot teeth, that happened to me too. Raw sugars feeds bacteria in the mouth while simultaneously depleting minerals such as magnesium as these are used for glucose metabolism within the cell.

Some Tips:
- Seek sugars from certain fruits instead which provides some minerals and nutrients.
- It helps to clean teeth after sugar consumption.
- Include dairy in the diet which is superior to supplements since it contains many other minerals and nutrients beneficial for teeth.
- Use a toothpaste with Novamin (not available in the US).

PolishSun

My theory: eating more-> more endotoxins -> more gut inflamation -> inflamed gums-> bad teeth-> dental work and x-rays->brain inflamation->balding

May be low calcium high phosphorus. Maybe low thiamine. It’s not sugar. It’s poor nutrition. high sugar increases nutritional demands and makes a deficiency or malnutrition more likely.

pro marker

nothing is better for the teeth than raw meat and raw cheese. if you ate nothing but those two youd never have to even brush. biting into raw meat and tearing it apart with your teeth drags the raw meat muscle fibers between your teeth and drags out any gunk and bad bacteria. the meat bacteria never hurts your teeth.

Vinero

My teeth became yellow after eating a high sugar, high dairy diet. It looked awful when I smiled.
I would just eat complex carbs instead of sugar. For me that means getting the bulk of my calories from rice, potatoes and white sourdough bread. I eat turkey breast and lean beef for protein. No milk, no cheese, no calcium supplements. My teeth are doing fine now, and are white again. I haven't eaten any dairy for almost 2 years. The truth is that you can just eat starches and meat and you will have nice teeth. It doesn't make any sense but it appears to work. My best friend is a heavy milk drinker and has cavities everytime he goes to the dentist. Milk doesn't prevent tooth decay.

keytothecity

try a day eating vegetables and see how everything just has to do with acids. your mouth ph will normalize within a day of doing this. ray himself has ***t teeth but blames it on some sort of experiment or something. I call cope.

Atman

Try to decrease the pure sugar intake and increase your vitamin and calcium intake.
You can achieve this by eating liver once a week and getting lots of high quality cheese and/or milk.

Khaled MK

You might wanna check on your potassium intake. If its too low sugar wont be absorbed well by your oral mucosa, leaving more for the bacteria to feast on. It also lowers PTH which is a must for strong teeth and bones. And go easy on the vitamin D otherwise it'll weaken your teeth. Take it topically and only when youre 100% sure youre deficient.

pro marker

My teeth became yellow after eating a high sugar, high dairy diet. It looked awful when I smiled.
I would just eat complex carbs instead of sugar. For me that means getting the bulk of my calories from rice, potatoes and white sourdough bread. I eat turkey breast and lean beef for protein. No milk, no cheese, no calcium supplements. My teeth are doing fine now, and are white again. I haven't eaten any dairy for almost 2 years. The truth is that you can just eat starches and meat and you will have nice teeth. It doesn't make any sense but it appears to work. My best friend is a heavy milk drinker and has cavities everytime he goes to the dentist. Milk doesn't prevent tooth decay.
how long did it take for them to turn white again and are they as white as they once were? I'm getting sick of these ugly teeth.
try a day eating vegetables and see how everything just has to do with acids. your mouth ph will normalize within a day of doing this. ray himself has ***t teeth but blames it on some sort of experiment or something. I call cope.
what vegetables? i havent touched vegetables for 2 years

you guys should check out my thread "what happened to my gf´s teeth." she completely cured her teeth by simply drinking milk and eating cheese.

keytothecity

how long did it take for them to turn white again and are they as white as they once were? I'm getting sick of these ugly teeth.

what vegetables? i havent touched vegetables for 2 years

you guys should check out my thread "what happened to my gf´s teeth." she completely cured her teeth by simply drinking milk and eating cheese.
doesnt matter which, as long as they are not acidic

RealNeat

Safe filling/ cavity halting can me made from SDF or/and Eugenol plus Zinc. Kits are sold on amazon but a dentist preferably can do it for you.

Sugar doesn't do anything to teeth it's the bacteria that metabolize that sugar and provide acidifying byproducts. These bacteria can come from fecal matter when toothbrush is stored in the bathroom. Disinfect you're toothbrush or buy a new one and store in bedroom only.

miswak, a chew stick from the peelu tree is the single best way to get rid of plaque.

maintain Ph balance in the mouth by not mouth breathing, ever, unless extreme exertion. So tape your mouth if you have to.

follow Ellie Phillips xylitol advice for plentiful saliva flow if you can't seem to keep the mouth alkaline.

Address any digestive issues immediately as there is a shared fluid between teeth and body, similar to Lymph that actually permeates out of teeth and keeps them healthy.

sterilizing the mouth is a bandaid.

I'd use the Miswak as many times as you can throughout the day. It's much gentler on your enamel than abrasive toothpastes.

Use fluoride or ideally hydroxyapatite to try and patch up cavities. Earth paste can also help to fill in gaps to mineralize but don't brush with it, its too harsh.

neutralize anything acidic with baking soda or mag bicarb water. Most fruits are acidic as are colas.