High Starch Diet / Dr. Berg

What is this thread about? This Dr. Berg is mocking a study, but which study is he even talking about? And he's obviously against high carb diets, but no word specifically of starch in that video (if I haven't missed something).

If you read Dr. Berg's story on his website, it sounds typically for someone who would end up at raypeat.com (ruining his health with bad foods, too much sport and stress; trying different diets and supplements to find relief with no results; etc.). But when you read Dr. Berg's bio and some more, you find out he's a chiropractor who advocates ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting. He sells supplements and books and the access to his videos costs a monthly fee. (And since for all this money making you need some special approach to draw people's interest, it seems he chose his thing is the idea that there are 4 different body types with different nutritional needs...)

Some quotes from his own biography and story on his own website:

"His clients have included senior officials in the U.S. government and the Justice Department, ambassadors, medical doctors, high-level executives of prominent corporations, scientists, engineers, professors, and other clients from all walks of life." (What about astronauts and nobel prize winners?)

"He is one of the top ketogenic diet expert in the world."

"As a leader in natural health and food coaching, Eric Berg has appeared on many radio and television shows, including ABC, CBS where he has taught what is ketosis and as a monthly host on Channel 8’s Sports Talk."

"I even taught at Harvard University as an associate professor." Oh no, wait, I quoted that wrong. Sorry. Here's the correct quote from Dr. Berg's story: "I even taught at Howard University as an associate professor."

"From personal experience, I was driven to study everything I could get my hands on in the fields of endocrinology, autonomic nervous system physiology, Chinese medicine, nutrition, KETO, and exercise physiology. I had a large group of my patients to test what worked and what didn’t."

This guy is quite funny. Also, the 'keto crotch' joke at the end of the video wasn't that bad.

Last edited:

Douglas Ek

This guy has no clue what he’s talking about. I find him highly annoying. I’ve seen him before on youtube. A shame people subscribe to this jerk. Honestly even hos face is annoying. He’s a complete fraud

The guy aint a real doctor. You would never call a chyropracter doctor. And he is extremly dangerous.

TeaRex14

Dr. Berg is one of the biggest if not the biggest quacks in the nutritional field today, arguably second to only Gary Taubes. Something does stink about that study though, I do have to give him credit for that. But for drastically different reasons then he suggests. He's trying to argue that because the "low carb" group was actually eating 40% of their diet from carbohydrate it wasn't a real low carb diet. Only problem is cutting carbs from 40% to 5% isn't exactly going to improve your hormonal profile, lol. The hormone shift was being argued as the cause for increased arterial fib. The part that doesn't sound right to me is why are hormones becoming imbalanced on 40% carbohydrate? That's definitely high enough to prevent most of these stress hormones from dominating.

paymanz

Even real doctors are clueless abut nutrition , let alone this businessman...

Dobbler

Starch is not good for unhealthy people no matter how you put it. Not to mention there is literally 2 starch sources that are somewhat reasonable and those are white rice and potatoes. And white rice is nutritionally empty. Im not gonna lie these foods taste good, but white rice is empty calories and potatoes are toxic unless peeled and well cooked.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals