Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

High Serum LDH But Low CRP

Discussion in 'Blood Work, Labs' started by yerrag, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Ella

Ella Member

What is your cortisol level like? Have your read the following two papers.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/joim.12649

Vasopressin regulates renal calcium excretion in humans

You need further investigation - 24 hr urinary tests monitoring calcium etc., to decipher exactly what your status is. You may need to work with an endocrinologist as your GP may not be able to do the required testing. I don't how your medical system works in Manilla.

Is your vitamin D level in the good range and do you do muscle work? Do you spend time in the sun?
    This brings us back to PTH and aldosterone - also inflammatory markers.

ResearchGate | Share and discover research

2. OP
    yerrag

yerrag Member

My cortisol levels look good, as based on my a.m. and p.n. tests on August 2017:

a.m. 398.60 nmol/L (ref 172-497)
    p.m. 150.60 nmol/L (ref 74 -286)

As of Sep 2016, my 24 hr urine calcium was at 3.36 mmol/24hr (range of 2.50-7.50); my urine phosphorus at 31.42 (range 12.90-42.00)
    As of Sep 2015, my 25-OH Vitamin D was 47.32 ng/mL (range >30).

I noticed, however, something odd, which was my serum ammonia levels are low: at <9 umol/L (range 9-30). I looked at www.labtestsonline.org, and it says low ammonia is related to hypertension. But that's all I can find about low serum ammonia in my searches.

My PTH has been within range at 40.06 pg/mL (range 15-65) as of Sep 2016. My ionized calcium is fine as well.

I haven't taken aldosterone test or vasopressin test. Both are expensive. Aldosterone at $72 and vasopressin at $160.

If vasopressin tests low, it would mean my pituitary is producing low levels of vasopressin and this may be related to a concussion I suffered from a car accident 30 years ago. But it isn't likely as it took twenty years for my hypertensive condition to show up. If vasopressin tests normal, it could mean that my kidneys aren't responsive to the signal from vasopressin, and still keeps urinating when vasopressin is telling it not to.

As for aldosterone, I'm so far drawing a blank on understanding it.